• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Anarchy (JP) |OT| Bayonetta Too

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Pay for Fedex or UPS shipping and you'll generally receive new games on the Japanese release date or 2-3 days later on a product that's ready to be shipped.

With the amount it costs for that much shipping, you are better off buying 2 games instead depending on location.

I generally dont need to do business with them anymore anyways for the most part. Used to when was back in the US. Did an order once to get something to the US before I got there, damned thing didnt show up till a week after. Thankfully was in country for a month so not like it was all that bad, but still.

shiroryu

No idea on that truthfully, since am not an expert in the field. Though Id like to guess that we got folks who work for the financial industry here in Japan who post on GAF, that would have some real answers to your question. Since that is a good one.

I looked it up and yeah, the government is trying to weaken the yen and it isn't working; dollar weaknesses are also part of the problem. Japanese companies are opening facilities outside to keep their own costs low.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I looked it up and yeah, the government is trying to weaken the yen and it isn't working; dollar weaknesses are also part of the problem. Japanese companies are opening facilities outside to keep their own costs low.

One thing I can tell you is lots of facilities in SE Asia. Esp Thailand, got the reports from a friend that is working down there with one large Japanese company. Interesting stuff. Though the floods kinda screwed things up for a while with production.

---

You know I kinda regret selling the game now, since it is pretty packed with content. Though its all good since can see a price drop happening to it in the near future. Already gave platinum my $$$ once so no qualms bout picking it up again on a bargain.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
With the amount it costs for that much shipping, you are better off buying 2 games instead depending on location.

It's usually like $14-$16 for UPS/Fedex where I am. I don't mind that to ensure that I get the games quickly and can track them.

Anarchy GET!
It shipped monday and i got it today, had to drive out to get it cause the FedEX delivery person knocks like a wee lass.

the outside world will cease to exist for a while.

Shizzlee

Must import as soon as possible. The demo's online is on life support at the moment. I played last night three random matches with the same exact people. :(

Keasar

What is Platinum Games statement regarding post-launch service? Will they release patches and so forth to hopefully optimise the netcode and balance the characters? DLC characters (Bar-bot and Vanquish dude please)?

What is Platinum Games statement regarding post-launch service? Will they release patches and so forth to hopefully optimise the netcode and balance the characters? DLC characters (Bar-bot and Vanquish dude please)?

Probably zilch, considering it would needed to be funded by Sega.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

JP has been responding to the people complaining about balance already on Twitter.(Most specifically the Bayonetta infinite)

Might be reading to much into it but I think it implies they can do something, but plan on waiting a bit as the game is only half a month old

I think the game is fine right now outside of some bugs and Bayo cage match infinite. but even then you really don't see much of either

Seik

Banned
Pay for Fedex or UPS shipping and you'll generally receive new games on the Japanese release date or 2-3 days later on a product that's ready to be shipped.

From my personal experiences: Never, NEVER deal with UPS for international stuff. They will have the pleasure to charge you something like 40-50% of the price of what you paid at your door for 'C.O.D. brokerage', fucking thieves.

Pegasos123

got the game ...finaly :)
everybody who hasnt added me...please do :D

do you guys get ,,matchmaking failed" or other disconnects?
is there something i can do about it?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
im down for some inhouse games tonight if anyone else is in

B00TE

Got the game at noon yesterday, and played through the campaign in one sitting, starting with Black Side and on hard. It was great, and I'm gonna go through it a few more times for achievements. Free play campaign is also awesome, going through missions as Ai Rin and Max, trying to plat all the missions I can.

Only just tried out online this morning, did a battle royale. I managed to hold my own, but fighting with the lag sucks. It still manages to be fun though, through the crazy events or just stumbling onto a fight and harassing everyone in the scrap by tossing cars at them. Also tried survival, where the lag seemed to affect me much less. I had a blast! Only issue is finding a game on the 360 at the moment, but I knew that would be an issue going in.

If anyone else here has a 360 copy, my GT is R0CK KNIGHT. If ya send me a friend request, please mention yer from GAF.

And now I go back to playing!

Volcynika

Just finished up Black Side on normal and started on White Side. Hopefully can get through it before the weekend is out. About an hour or so I can play some multiplayer if anyone's interested.

B00TE

Just had an incredibly silly two matchs. Me and this one Nikolai player kept charging around the map together just killing everything, communicating only through constant taunting to each other. Ran into him in another match but he was on the other team. We found each other, taunted and had at it constantly. So much fun, haha.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sooo I don't really understand how the campaign works. I've finished it, both black and white sides, but only one of the Black/White Red Sides is marked as complete. I believe the white side is complete maybe?

In addition to this, I cannot replay the final stage on the other side, the same side where the Red version is incomplete.

I'm confused.

Keasar

Sooo I don't really understand how the campaign works. I've finished it, both black and white sides, but only one of the Black/White Red Sides is marked as complete. I believe the white side is complete maybe?

In addition to this, I cannot replay the final stage on the other side, the same side where the Red version is incomplete.

I'm confused.

Me too, I had skipped a free mission in Stage 4 on the White Side and played through it all again. When I completed the White Side and this time did all the missions, I was suddenly transported over to doing the Black Side campaign (last time I played I started with the Black Side campaign). So I believe somehow it wants me to play through the WHOLE game twice in order to play both sides Red Side (that is alot of sides).

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I'm confused.

Both sides are played continuously in one single player campaign

whichever side you start on is the Red Side you get. The character you'll play as for the final boss.

To get the other red side you must complete the campaign starting with the other side you didn't start with the first time.

I think you can get both red sides with stage select and just one playthrough as well, but I missed a free mission in stage 4 white so I couldn't check that way.

I am fucking AWFUL at the multiplayer :'(

It takes a while to understand the pace of matches. Keep playing. It's alot of fun when it clicks

Volcynika

I think you can get both red sides with stage select and just one playthrough as well, but I missed a free mission in stage 4 white so I couldn't check that way.

Hm, wonder if I can do something like that myself. I just did Black->White->Red, but need to do White->Black->Red. I've beaten all the stages at least.

It takes a while to understand the pace of matches. Keep playing. It's alot of fun when it clicks

Heh, I was kinda decent in the demo w/ 3 other friends. Cage matches I get destroyed in. Plus whoever was fighting me (can't remember their PSN name but think it's a GAFer!) was ridiculously good! ;_;

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Keeping entering Mad Survival ranked lobbies with randoms, so some of you might as well come play!

Hm, wonder if I can do something like that myself. I just did Black->White->Red, but need to do White->Black->Red. I've beaten all the stages at least.
I completed all missions yet I'm having to play both campaigns twice, i was hoping playing white after getting the black red would get me the white red.. nope :(
started me over at black but at least i have stage 4 white now

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I completed all missions yet I'm having to play both campaigns twice, i was hoping playing white after getting the black red would get me the white red.. nope :(
started me over at black but at least i have stage 4 white now

Yeah I just replayed white first myself and you fight Max at the end, which is a fight that doesn't happen if you beat Black first.

So I think you have to go through it twice regardless.

Oh well it's not that bad. Completed White side in about 2 hours.

About to hop on multi

Anarchy GET!
It shipped monday and i got it today, had to drive out to get it cause the FedEX delivery person knocks like a wee lass.

the outside world will cease to exist for a while.

So it came in 2 days?

Could you tell me where you ordered it from and does it include the Bayonetta DLC?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Just went from level 6 or so to I think around 18 now? Two different Mad Survival lobbies with randoms. The mode gets boring sometimes but at least it's a nice excuse to try a bunch of different characters.

Liking Bayonetta a lot.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
need one more for mad survival if anyone is around to pla

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
lol retro_funk waiting back for a weak enemy to using the charging heavy killer weapon attack on :(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well we beat Cthulu once atleast Volcynika

lol retro_funk waiting back for a weak enemy to using the charging heavy killer weapon attack on :(

hahaha. B)

Sorry if I stole and kills I was just messing around with a bunch of different dudes

Rin Rin's fans go out alot further than I thought

Top Bottom