• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

That's always a little hazy with their games, but R* seems to have (at least with this gen) a main creative force that is on all of their projects. Dan Houser writing, Sam Houser and Leslie Benzies as producers, Rob Nelson with art, etc.

I'd love to get more insight into their process and the Houser brothers one day. R* is so damn secretive.

Exactly. Like I said above, I guarantee this will be one of the few games my brother buys this year based on the flashy commercial and the R* name.

I'm not sure if you know about this, maybe it was posted, maybe it wasn't, but this book recently came out that I really want to pick up.

Jacked: The Outlaw Story of Grand Theft Auto

It's from the same author of 'Masters of Doom'. I really, really, want to read this book as I too am fascinated with the guys at Rockstar Games.

Simo

I'm not sure if you know about this, maybe it was posted, maybe it wasn't, but this book recently came out that I really want to pick up.

It's from the same author of 'Masters of Doom'. I really, really, want to read this book as I too am fascinated with the guys at Rockstar Games.
Game Informer has an interview with the author, sounds like it's pretty in-depth and a great read!

Rockstar just uploaded the commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPc9LhKA5C4

Awesome stuff. I just love the little details like on the close up on the Desert Eagle, you can see inside the chamber as it fires and the hammer cocking back and forward.

I'd never heard of HEALTH but I'm loving the score, at least what we've heard, and I quite liked the song in the commercial too.

Wow @ that commercial. Looks great, and love that song. Wonder if it's part of the soundtrack.

It is and they'll be talking and releasing more info on the soundtrack this week.

Also...23 days?!?!?

Riggs

Banned
The increasing delay btw console and pc versions is getting annoying, it's like they're pushing you to give up and buy PS3 or 360 version first. It was like that with Arkham City, and now this. Always played the MP series on PC, but couldn't wait here and opted for 360 version + double dipping with PC superior version.

Why can't they just manage to release all versions at the same time?! I mean, how hard is that really?!
Same its getting old.

Fjordson

Holy shit. Thanks for posting this, I had absolutely no idea it existed.

I thought Masters of Doom was great, definitely getting this on my Kindle. Thanks again!

dreamfall

Holy gooooodness. That T.V. commercial, MY GOD. Inching closer to release day, I'm having trouble getting through the days! Anticipation, exhilaration, replaying titles- it's been craziness!

Holy shit. Thanks for posting this, I had absolutely no idea it existed.

I thought Masters of Doom was great, definitely getting this on my Kindle. Thanks again!

No problem man. I want to read this thing soon, preferably before Max Payne 3, but it'll probably have to wait until after finals are finished though.

Man, so pumped for this!

As a friend of mine said this week, third-person shooters releasing this year are in a heap of trouble. This is the new benchmark.

Did we know this already?

Got a ad in today from my local "toystore" that also sells games:

0Qkga.jpg

Translation:
Pre-order now and get the FIRST Multiplayer DLC add-on for free.

Implying MP DLC (more of a duh and ow is their DLC) but also implying their will be more than 1.

Aguirre

Got a ad in today from my local "toystor" that also sells games:

Translation:

Implying MP DLC (more of a duh and ow is their DLC) but also implying their will be more than 1.

R* always deliver fabulous dlc, always

Gav47

I want that song from the TV ad now. Its Tears by HEALTH, can't find a stream or video anywhere, Wikipedia lists them as artists on the Max Payne 3 soundtrack so maybe its exclusive to the game.

Fjordson

I want that song from the TV ad now. Its Tears by HEALTH, can't find a stream or video anywhere, Wikipedia list them as artists on the Max Payne 3 soundtrack so maybe its exclusive to the game.
Yeah, it's for the game. HEALTH is composing the entire soundtrack.

I'm guessing that means more traditional vocal tracks like the one in the commercial, as well as instrumental ones? I'm pretty sure some of their regular stuff is instrumental.

Simo

Got a ad in today from my local "toystore" that also sells games:

Translation:

Yeah, Best Buy here in the US is doing the same preorder deal where you get the first DLC for free plus $10-20 towards a future title. Not a bad deal at all but I already reserved and paid off my special edition at GameStop where you get the cemetery map pack and multiplayer Pill Box.

Yeah, it's for the game. HEALTH is composing the entire soundtrack.

I'm guessing that means more traditional vocal tracks like the one in the commercial, as well as instrumental ones? I'm pretty sure some of their regular stuff is instrumental.

All of the music heard in all the videos like the Design & Tech videos, theatrical trailers and even the the new rendition seems to be all done by HEALTH and honestly I can't wait just to listen to the OST. Sounds like Rockstar might be releasing the full info for the OST that comes out along with some samples this week so HYPE!!!

Hey GAF quick question but is anyone planning on playing multiplayer to the degree of forming up a GAF Crew? Considering Crews carry over to GTAV and the amount of members are limitless I didn't know if it was something other GAF members wanted to do.

Fjordson

All of the music heard in all the videos like the Design & Tech videos, theatrical trailers and even the the new rendition seems to be all done by HEALTH and honestly I can't wait just to listen to the OST.
Oh, wow. Colour me impressed then. All of it has sounded really neat. One song in particular I thought was cool was the one used in the second story trailer (I believe it was also in the first tv commercial). Awesome stuff.

Got that Jacked book on my Kindle, btw. Going to start it tonight. It sounds really interesting.

Hey GAF quick question but is anyone planning on playing multiplayer to the degree of forming up a GAF Crew? Considering Crews carry over to GTAV and the amount of members are limitless I didn't know if it was something other GAF members wanted to do.

I'm pretty sure lots of people will be down for a GAF Crew. I will be fa sho.

Jtrizzy

Why would you ruin an experience like that, dammit man.

Exactly. I bought Arkham Asylum for PS3, and only ended up playing it for about 30 minutes before I said wtf am I doing playing this at 720p30 when I've spent all this time and money on my pc.

Oh, wow. Colour me impressed then. All of it has sounded really neat. One song in particular I thought was cool was the one used in the second story trailer (I believe it was also in the first tv commercial). Awesome stuff.

Got that Jacked book on my Kindle, btw. Going to start it tonight. It sounds really interesting.

You should let us know how that is. I'm sure I'll get around to picking it up eventually.

G_Berry

Banned
Usually I'd grab a game like this on my PC but for some reason I'm more than happy getting it on my 360.

Too lazy to sit at my computer desk I guess?

Bring on May, my body is ready!!!!

Blutonium

Max Payne 3 |OT| I was in a computer game. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.
Max Payne 3 |OT| The things that I want by Max Payne. A smoke. A whisky. For the sun to shine. My wife and baby girl back. Unlimited ammo and a license to kill

Or an appropiate abbreviation of these sentences.

Top Bottom