• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 - New Tech & Design Video Coming Tomorrow - 03/15

I know and just think, that might be the last and only time you'll see a giant Max Payne mural...:(

Looks like the final box art is remaining unchanged and is even the art for the special edition now:
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/preorder

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

That was my actual reaction in real life. Motherfuckers.

Fjordson

Wonder if we'll get lucky and get some shaky cam footage of the demo :lol

I remember seeing a short clip of Red Dead from when it was playable at PAX East. Got me so hyped for the game.

That box art sticking is very close to making me refuse to buy the game in protest.

So. Fucking. Bad.

True.

I don't play any games where the box art has colour mixes I don't like, even if I'm buying it on Steam. You sheeple shouldn't let lazy inconsiderate devs get away with this sort of boxart rape.

dreamfall

What the hell, now they're extending the special edition pre-orders until Launch:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ition-available-for-preorder-till-launch.html

What the hell was the point of "Limited Time Only"... twice!?

Yeah, it is hilarious that I think I pre-ordered it in November because I was so damn worried about making sure I got my Max statue! Still, I'm happy that others can still get the opportunity if they want it. The more the better! I wish the box art for the special edition was different though. May. Oh, May!

please don't jump at the helicopter,
please don't jump at the helicopte...ahhhhhwww...

Anyway, looks like a great fun game. Little worried about the framerate though.

Fjordson

Haha, that's awesome. These threads do always have bad ass gifs.

Though they really should have included the one Sethos did for multiplayer:

i2Z7TokwicOYb.gif

So good.

Congrats guys, Rockstar are giving us a shout out on their latest news post especially for the GIF makers here!
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/news/article/fan-made-max-payne-3-gifs-found-at-neogaf.html

We're famous!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit Simo, I read your comment on the official thread. That's okay. That's okay. Now that I know that the entirety of Rockstar will drop by, pressure's on. I work well under pressure. I eat pressure for brunch, that's how little pressure means to me. It's brunch.

The week this comes out, I intend to Max Payne dive into bed every night.

I shall endeavor to do this as well.

Simo

We're famous!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit Simo, I read your comment on the official thread. That's okay. That's okay. Now that I know that the entirety of Rockstar will drop by, pressure's on. I work well under pressure. I eat pressure for brunch, that's how little pressure means to me. It's brunch.

I shall endeavor to do this as well.

Haha thought you'd like that and yeah, no pressure you've only got the Rockstar folks checking everything out now!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Do they have a MP mode that's stripped down w/o all the bullet time and stuff?

I'm buying this game for SP... but I'd probably try out the MP if it was more basic.

I e-mailed mouthoff@rockstar about the special edition box art... standard edition art with a black border and the words 'special edition' confirmed as the final art.

tumblr_m1a5jgPmez1qe1nqu.gif

I love this gif:

kelt.gif

So badass.

Simo

I e-mailed mouthoff@rockstar about the special edition box art... standard edition art with a black border and the words 'special edition' confirmed as the final art.

tumblr_m1a5jgPmez1qe1nqu.gif

I love this gif:

kelt.gif

So badass.

Hmm well looking around and it looks like the special edition is sold out or no longer available on Amazon and Best Buy, but GameStop still has it available.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great!

I hope they saw me complain about the lack of PS3 love.

@Rockstargames The PS3, and PC version better not run like dog poop.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the PC version given it's allegedly not a port and receiving special attention.

You can also take Saoirse Ronan with you! All those R* dollars would look mighty enticing.

Ha, got her name right that time.

:brofist

dreamfall

Haha, that's awesome. These threads do always have bad ass gifs.

Though they really should have included the one Sethos did for multiplayer:

i2Z7TokwicOYb.gif

So good.

That gif. What dreams are made of! I'm wondering if the weapon wheel will be similar to that of Red Dead...

That gif. What dreams are made of! I'm wondering if the weapon wheel will be similar to that of Red Dead...

Looks like UP is dual wield, LEFT is left holstered one hand weapon, RIGHT is right holstered one hand weapon, down is two hand weapon. So, yeah it's a wheel, but not really like the RDR one.

I REALLY hope they add the RDR weapon wheel to GTAV, though. It's a huge pain to play that game and have to scroll through everything.

Competition time!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...at-pax-east-in-boston-this-weekend-april.html

We're proud to announce that we will be at PAX East this coming weekend (Friday April 6th through Sunday April 8th) with Max Payne 3 playable at our booth (#912) on all three platforms: PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and PC.

If you're in the Boston area or plan to travel to the show, come through for an exclusive opportunity to go hands-on with the game before its release this May.

We'll also be on hand with giveaways of some brand new Max Payne 3 gear hot off the presses - including the Max Payne 3 Logo Tee, the Rockstar Bullet Tee, the game's Official Poster, and the Deluxe Sticker Pack with oversized action-packed stickers all as seen here.

If you're not able to make it to the show, not to worry - we'll also be giving our fans on Facebook the chance to score these collectible items this weekend as well, with Max Payne 3 Prize Packs being given away to lucky Likers (look for the sweepstakes to launch on our Facebook page starting tomorrow).

Also stay tuned for this gear to be made available for purchase at the Rockstar Warehouse over the coming weeks...

For more information on PAX East, visit http://east.paxsite.com.

paxitems.jpg

Simo

You hear that, Kennedy? You have your mission. Don't let your fellow Max Payne bros down.

I honestly wouldn't expect much, Rockstar will be on people like a hawk at their booth. Heck, didn't they have some kind of huge wall with a mural of new art work when they had Red Dead playable in 2010? All I remember is that and don't recall seeing cam footage or photos of the actual booth stations.

5amshift, I hope you can deliver!!

Top Bottom