• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 - New Tech & Design Video Coming Tomorrow - 03/15

Xander51

Looks like UP is dual wield, LEFT is left holstered one hand weapon, RIGHT is right holstered one hand weapon, down is two hand weapon. So, yeah it's a wheel, but not really like the RDR one.

I REALLY hope they add the RDR weapon wheel to GTAV, though. It's a huge pain to play that game and have to scroll through everything.

You can hold the left bumper and use the D-pad to quick weapon switch in GTAIV.

Congrats guys, Rockstar are giving us a shout out on their latest news post especially for the GIF makers here!
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/news/article/fan-made-max-payne-3-gifs-found-at-neogaf.html
not me :(

max_gif_testiez9b.gif

Still very awesome though :D

I honestly wouldn't expect much, Rockstar will be on people like a hawk at their booth. Heck, didn't they have some kind of huge wall with a mural of new art work when they had Red Dead playable in 2010? All I remember is that and don't recall seeing cam footage or photos of the actual booth stations.

5amshift, I hope you can deliver!!

I have faith in him.

You can hold the left bumper and use the D-pad to quick weapon switch in GTAIV.

That can't be true. If it were true, I woulda done it.

Simo

Great!

I hope they saw me complain about the lack of PS3 love.

@Rockstargames The PS3, and PC version better not run like dog poop.

Completely overlooked it before but they did say that all 3 versions of the game will be playable at PAX:
We're proud to announce that we will be at PAX East this coming weekend (Friday April 6th through Sunday April 8th) with Max Payne 3 playable at our booth (#912) on all three platforms: PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and PC.

Awesome. Benelli M4..lovely. My buddy has a M3 and it's a beauty to shoot! I noticed there was a couple of new scenes at a different NY location looking like a cemetery and church.

Completely overlooked it before but they did say that all 3 versions of the game will be playable at PAX:

Awesome. Benelli M4..lovely. My buddy has a M3 and it's a beauty to shoot! I noticed there was a couple of new scenes at a different NY location looking like a cemetery and church.

Hm... maybe we really do visit Max's family's grave

maxpayne3_cemetery.jpg

mp3_fansites_2m4yf7.jpg

You hear that, Kennedy? You have your mission. Don't let your fellow Max Payne bros down.

If the booth is anything like previous years it will be walled off. You wait in line surrounding the outside of the booth and they ask that you don't film or take any pictures. Sorry man, I will give my impressions but I'm not going to try to record anything. The Rockstar guys are pretty damn nice and I'm not looking to disrespect their rules. Lucky enough to be playing the game a month early anyway.

If the booth is anything like previous years it will be walled off. You wait in line surrounding the outside of the booth and they ask that you don't film or take any pictures. Sorry man, I will give my impressions but I'm not going to try to record anything. The Rockstar guys are pretty damn nice and I'm not looking to disrespect their rules. Lucky enough to be playing the game a month early anyway.

Fiiiiiiiiiine

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Could someone at PAX make sure that the PS3 version is up to snuff? I'm just a bit worried since they haven't shown it yet.

That shotgun video looked great.

grkazan12

It's probably been said before, but I'll just say that I'm still so happy to see James McCaffrey return as Max. That guy's got such an awesome voice, sorry if it was said before but I recently heard him while playing through Alan Wake and thought it was cool.

It's probably been said before, but I'll just say that I'm still so happy to see James McCaffrey return as Max. That guy's got such an awesome voice, sorry if it was said before but I recently heard him while playing through Alan Wake and thought it was cool.

He acts too! He did the mo-cap and is apparently the facial model for Max this time around.

The PS3 version will probably be your average Rockstar port. So, sub-HD with QAA and an uneven framerate.

Let's hope the third time is the charm. I'm getting both 360 and PS3 copies, but since the PS3 version will be on display, perhaps Rockstar is confident this time around that the PS3 version stacks up with the 360 counterpart?

Was RDR's PS3 version shown last time?

He acts too! He did the mo-cap and is apparently the facial model for Max this time around.

Let's hope the third time is the charm. I'm getting both 360 and PS3 copies, but since the PS3 version will be on display, perhaps Rockstar is confident this time around that the PS3 version stacks up with the 360 counterpart?

At the PAX where I played RDR it was just the 360 build that they had on display.

dreamfall

Whoa, you're getting both?! I'm tempted, but I'm not sure! Hardcore dedication approved!

Whoa, you're getting both?! I'm tempted, but I'm not sure! Hardcore dedication approved!

I <3 your approval

65447443.gif

I came across a Q & A posted by Gamestop. One bit I found intriguing.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/games...uestions-answered-by-rockstar/372342469472796

&#8220;May Payne... In daylight? ...in Brazil? Seems an odd setting for the character is all.&#8221; - Thomas Roth

One simple reason for daylight in Max Payne 3 is that the game takes place over the course of several weeks, rather than just one night like the original games, so a little daylight makes sense within the context of the dark story being told. And trust that the streets of São Paulo will be plenty dark and dangerous &#8211; we&#8217;re being very faithful to the heritage of Max Payne, who is still the same gritty hard-boiled NYC cop now off the force, at his lowest point and plunged into peril in a foreign land.

To us, and especially after such a long absence since Max Payne 2, to simply continue Max&#8217;s story in New York City would have been nowhere near as interesting as taking that same character and pushing him to his absolute breaking point in a very dangerous and exotic locale, many miles from home. There was simply nowhere for Max to go in New York after Max Payne 2.

Also keep in mind that from the start, the Max Payne series has always had many international points of inspiration &#8211; from the over-the-top style of Hong Kong action cinema, to Hollywood&#8217;s classic tradition of noir storytelling, to even Norse mythology as imparted by the first two games&#8217; developers at Remedy in Finland (a tradition you might see continued with some fun bits of Brazilian folklore making an appearance in Max Payne 3).

Called it last year! Allusions to Quetzalcoatl and the Mayan Prophecy of 2012! End of the world is nigh! Other than that bit, it's all stuff that's already been asked and answered a few times.

Yeah, the fact that they're showing it at PAX gives me some hope that they've fixed some of the issues with RAGE and the PS3. That's a bit surprising since they were only showing the 360 and PC versions to the press during the recent hands on. I'd be a lot more confident if we had confirmation that LA Noire was running on that engine. The game mentions RAGE, but Game Informer's reveal story said that it was using Team Bondi's own engine.

Yeah, the fact that they're showing it at PAX gives me some hope that they've fixed some of the issues with RAGE and the PS3. That's a bit surprising since they were only showing the 360 and PC versions to the press during the recent hands on. I'd be a lot more confident if we had confirmation that LA Noire was running on that engine. The game mentions RAGE, but Game Informer's reveal story said that it was using Team Bondi's own engine.

I think LA Noire's engine was built for the PS3 when it was still a Sony exclusive and then ported to 360 when R* took over. It ran very well on PS3.

Too bad the game sucked so hard.

Fjordson

Already hearing good things from PAX.

Brother-in-law who's there texted me "waited 2 hours to play the demo. Would have waited 4. Bad ass stuff."

Simo

Already hearing good things from PAX.

Brother-in-law who's there texted me "waited 2 hours to play the demo. Would have waited 4. Bad ass stuff."

Lots of positive impressions coming from Twitter. My appropriate hashtag #sonofabitchwishicouldmakeit =/

They showed off the stadium level today at PAX and tomorrow they'll being having a new area to play through - one of the New York levels.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous. Someone posted in the official PAX east thread that he played it and it was indeed the "second coming of God" but I don't know if he was being sarcastic or not lol.

Simo

I wish Rockstar would just release a demo of the stadium level then since it's what the press got to play and also Friday PAX attendees. Somehow though I doubt it's going to happen...=/

dreamfall

I wish Rockstar would just release a demo of the stadium level then since it's what the press got to play and also Friday PAX attendees. Somehow though I doubt it's going to happen...=/

That really would be a blessing. I can't remember a single time I've played a Rockstar demo though... :/

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
That really would be a blessing. I can't remember a single time I've played a Rockstar demo though... :/

Table tennis.

Anyways, recently for hyped for this game because of the behind the scenes vids and R* name. Never played the first two Max Paynes. They worth playing through?

Fjordson

Yeah, they won't since they know they don't need it. Unfortunately.

And it seems like hype is building quickly for this one. Brother-in-law said Rockstar's PAX booth had the biggest lines all day (Borderlands 2 was packed as well)

Fjordson

Is anyone going to try Max Payne on iOS? The news that it's coming out this month totally slipped under the radar for me with everything coming out of PAX.

The screenshots look great, but I wonder how well it'll control.

From Rockstar's Newswire comments:

mattiejs 12 hours, 55 minutes ago
Max Payne is going to seem just like John Marston. Dont get me wrong MP3 will be an incredible game, but I think Max's character won't be as textbook noir as Sam Lake portrayed him. Dan Houser tends to portray his character very similarly to each other. He's an amazing writer, but I wish he'd give his characters more unique personalities then simply a good guy trying go straight but has bad luck and ends up having to shoot his way through all his problems. Also the characters never really seem like bad guys. I hope in GTA V the characters seem more original and have different moral beliefs. I mean, there criminals after all, right? I know this leaning a little off topic, but I'm just stating my opinion. Still cant wait to get my hands on this game.

R*

@mattiejs You’re welcome to your opinion, of course, but for us, a world weary alcoholic ex-cop widower in the middle of an existential crisis, stumbling into the middle of a rich family’s problems is about as ‘text book noir’ as it is possible to get!

I lol'd.

I did a diving bullet time jump from the top of the stairs killing 3/4 people but died when I hit the pavment , worth it B^)

I just struggled with the PS3 controls but the game was great.

New level today , maybe it will be later in the game

Simo

New screens from the New York Bar level that's playable today at PAX:
413422_10150802379020097_51752540096_12043415_467890710_o.jpg

469048_10150802378965097_51752540096_12043414_1310268477_o.jpg

470813_10150802378915097_51752540096_12043413_724982895_o.jpg

473208_10150802378850097_51752540096_12043412_1471007383_o.jpg

They also released some new screens from the stadium level that was playable yesterday:
554974730.jpg

554973910.jpg

Annnnnd Rockstar's booth this morning:

Definitely getting this game when I can find it for $40 or less. Gotta stay true to my never paying full price mantra again, no matter how long I wait ;).

As Rockstar ever demoed any of their games? I can't think of one. Bully?

Top Bottom