• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes June 14th

Jomjom

Banned
That's an interesting point. With the continued TF and Forza pack-ins combined with Sony's stronger offerings of FTP titles, I wouldn't be surprised if MS kept the software lead for a while. Not to mention that historically Xbox has had greater attach rates last gen anyways

Yeah even with selling more hardware, it seems like MS still edges Sony in software sales and attach rates. Don't know what it is, but it just always seems like Xbox owners buy more games in general. As long as they have that I think MS will continue giving numbers.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...watch-dogs-spark-big-us-game-sales-in-may-npd

EYGWXlJ.jpg

A "normal" drop from April would've put it probably ~100K (probably the north side of that a bit), for reference. May is usually a slower month.

Yeah I know. That'd be a minimal drop imo.

If Watchdog's doesn't counteract the kinectless sku announcement, then things could be worse.

Jomjom

Banned
Hmmm... the Gamesbeat article on NPD said that PS4 AND Xbox One continued to sell well. Maybe everyone underestimated it?

Jigorath

Banned
Go MLB! Since the PS3 and Vita versions launched in April this must be mainly the PS4 version. I wonder if it had an effect on hardware?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Total industry sales were way up, climbing 52 percent to $586 million. This was driven not only by the continued adoption of Xbox One and PS4, as hardware skyrocketed 95 percent to $187 million, but also by a sizable 57 percent increase in console software sales to $274 million (PC software brings that total up to $284 million).

First info about hardware sales, right now.

Top Bottom