• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes June 14th

Boke1879

I expected Xbone sales to be bad, but not THIS bad. If 3DS and WIIU outsold it then they have a problem. June they will see a boost but I still see the PS4 edging it out in Sales.

If they don't win June. PS4 will be the top selling console for the rest of the year. Destiny in September along with the white PS4 Bundle will solidify the PS4 and top selling next gen console for the year.

Finalizer

In Japan, Vita is outselling PS4. No comparison to there lol

Joking about country of origin than actual hardware/software sales comparisons.

I expected Xbone sales to be bad, but not THIS bad. If 3DS and WIIU outsold it then they have a problem. June they will see a boost but I still see the PS4 edging it out in Sales.

I mean, is it really surprising when a $100 cheaper model was on the horizon for a good chunk of the month? Not to mention that MK8 was a major software release that's actually manged to drive up hardware sales, where Xbone had no such equivalent for the month. I really can't see May hardware sales being all that representative of the health of Xbone in the states.

If they don't win June. PS4 will be the top selling console for the rest of the year. Destiny in September along with the white PS4 Bundle will solidify the PS4 and top selling next gen console for the year.

If MS lose June, this generation's console war will be over. Sony will have another PS1/PS2 generation. At that point both Nintendo and Sony will have won 3 generations each.

RedAssedApe

Banned
xbone being bad was a given due to people sitting on fences waiting on price/kinect drop. real test will be to see june npd. good to hear that it was a healthy month overall

If MS lose June, this generation's console war will be over. Sony will have another PS1/PS2 generation. At that point both Nintendo and Sony will have won 3 generations each.
3 generations each. Did not even crossed my mind.

If the Xbone doesnt see a significant increase in sales with the price drop, what will be next in the to do list? Halo collection?

Nilaul

xbone being bad was a given due to people sitting on fences waiting on price/kinect drop. real test will be to see june npd. good to hear that it was a healthy month overall

Actually I think theres a bigger chance of WiiU outselling Xbone in June due to Mario Kart (2 days of sales, rest will be counted as June)

RedAssedApe

Banned
3 generations each. Did not even crossed my mind.

If the Xbone doesnt see a significant increase in sales with the price drop, what will be next in the to do list? Halo collection?

seem to be pushing hard for sunset overdrive as well. but we'll see how much it matters that xbone has the better exclusive lineup this fall

jvm

Gamasutra.
[WIU] 110K
Lfrptrq.gif

Bgamer90

Banned

Do people really expect a sales rank change in 2014 due to the new Xbox One SKU?

The new SKU will help Xbox One sales but it's definitely not going to push the system over the PS4 any time soon... especially not this year.

So donny doesn't need to hunt for it later.
Code:
Angles	Proportion	000s
7.038	0.01955		11
37.472	0.104088889	60
22.481	0.062447222	36
120.774	0.335483333	194
35.387	0.098297222	57
47.464	0.131844444	76
54.538	0.151494444	87
34.846	0.096794444	56
60.1 as base, angles add to 360 degrees. Sum of Xbox + Wii U < PS4. Vita 56K.

Other than Wii U and ordering, did okay this month I guess.

Top Bottom