• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McConnell Hits Trump’s ‘Excessive Expectations’

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...sive-expectations-n790941?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_lw

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, in some of his toughest comments to date, called out President Donald Trump on Monday for his failure to grasp how Congress works and his "excessive expectations" about getting bills passed.

McConnell offered his observations of Trump in remarks to a Rotary Group in northern Kentucky, saying that the president doesn't understand the slow-churning legislative process and has failed to stay on message to promote his agenda.

McConnell also took issue with the president's frequent tweeting, which Trump has used as a modern-day bully pulpit to praise and often condemn lawmakers.

"I’ve been, and I will be again today, not a fan of tweeting, and I’ve said that to him privately, and other events publicly," he said. "I think it would be helpful if the president was a little more on message."

linkboy

I really wish McConnell would shut the fuck up and retire to some fucking island that looks like a turtle.

God, he's such a hack.

Mindlog

It's actually pretty easy to get stuff done when you have a majority everywhere.
Becomes slightly less easy when everything you do is so repugnant that it violates enough conscience for some to object.

Remember when he was going to repeal and replace Obamacare day one, defeat ISIS in one month, and we would win, win, win so much we would get sick of winning? Good times. Sad that people actually bought that garbage. 63 million fools.

studyguy

Pretty funny having such a thing as excessive expectations when you control congress. If they could actually get their shit straight the administration would be a terrifying force to reckon with.

Afrodium

Banned
I don't think trump's message is the reason you're a failure.

I dunno, the Skinny Repeal came down to the wire, and it could have passed if Trump were a popular president who spent his time trying to sell a major piece of legislation his party is trying to pass instead of bullying people on Twitter and yelling at members of his party.

Pretty funny having such a thing as excessive expectations when you control congress. If they could actually get their shit straight the administration would be a terrifying force to reckon with.
He's not entirely wrong since their majority in the senate is so slim they can only pass things via reconciliation unless they're willing to (gasp) work with democrats or worse, kill the filibuster (which the senate does not want to do, and McConnell knows it would come back and bite them in the ass hard once dems regain control.)

the chris

The Tortoise and The Hair

wpnvMgI.jpg

kess

Trump's expectations are probably about the same as the average American, people know jack shit about the system.

Top Bottom