• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McConnell Hits Trump’s ‘Excessive Expectations’

Mmkay, but in Trump's defense, the expectation that you fucking dipshits would have managed to put together a plan for repealing and replacing Obamacare over seven years of whinging about it that amounts to more than "IOU: 1 Health Care System" isn't exactly "excessive", Mickey-C.

cameron

fxT98K9.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/895599179522650112

lush

So embarrassing, guy can't take responsibility for anything considering he was right there whining about repealing the ACA for seven years like everyone else. Too stupid to stay on message or be anywhere near remotely informed throughout the process. The guy doesn't even have a base understanding as to how health insurance works currently after confusing it with life insurance on what, 3 or 4 occasions now. Someone needs to call him out/slap him down over these stupid ass tweets. Newsflash bud, these make you look like an incompetent moron that doesn't know how to do your job.

Boke1879

Like I said before. Trump isn't wrong in saying that. It's more targeted at the GOP though and it's something we all have said.

That said. Trump hasn't held a press conference or town hall detailing HIS healthcare plan. Because he doesn't have one and doesn't know anything about it.

I do like this infighting though and I'm eager to see what comes of it.

Dali

Like I said before. Trump isn't wrong in saying that. It's more targeted at the GOP though and it's something we all have said.

That said. Trump hasn't held a press conference or town hall detailing HIS healthcare plan. Because he doesn't have one and doesn't know anything about it.

I do like this infighting though and I'm eager to see what comes of it.
Obama busted his ass trying to sell the aca to the people and to his party. Trump is separating himself from any legislation and the process and can't answer or even attempt to answer basic questions on what it is he's trying to get the GOP to pass. He's making it seem like it's only his job to say "make it so, #2" and when it magically doesn't happen he's not to shoulder any of the blame. So, yeah he's a stepping a tad out of line with his tweet (as usual).

Jackpot

Banned
Sounds like he's walking back the attack, and extending an olive branch with the "you can do it!"

Yep, but Trump will never forget the original anger over why he tweeted. Like with Sessions, it will only deepen over time. Guy can hold a grudge like no other.

Sounds like he's walking back the attack, and extending an olive branch with the "you can do it!"

How dumb do you have to be to attack the guy who can make or break your legislation hopes?

What are the odds of him talking shit about McConnell again?

Pretty good I say.

Sianos

seven years and they couldn't muster together even the vaguest notion of a plan that wouldn't leave tens of millions uninsured and tank the economy

the gop's signature move is to repeatedly say "why is no one having a conversation about [repeal and replace]" over and over without ever actually getting to the stage of putting together anything beyond cursory broad ideas and platitudes

fill in the blank for other topics too*

*except for rolling back civil rights, the one thing they are able to coordinate on to some extent

How dumb do you have to be to attack the guy who can make or break your legislation hopes?

It's passive aggressive as fuck, which is Trump's "charm" process. Trump doesn't understand or care about the legislative process, nor does he give a shit what's in bills. He wants a "win." It's stunning that he has no accomplishments so far. We've seen what competent presidents do when they have full or near full control of congress (see: 2009-2010). They get a lot of shit done. Trump has no excuse.

Wouldn't be stunned at all if Trump is threatening to fire McConnell's wife (Sec of Transportation) before the end of the year.

Koomaster

Reaching peak comedy here. He's really trying to run the presidency like a business; and is going to be very confused when he gets back from vacation with nothing on his desk to sign. That's really all he wants to do, take vacations, sign things people put in front of him, and make speeches/shake hands for photo ops.

I really do enjoy the flip-flop from insulting McConnell in one tweet to encouraging him he can get all this shit done NOW in the next tweet.

Top Bottom