• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s announces finalists for "the official McDonald’s burger of Texas"

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://burgerbusiness.com/finalists-for-official-texas-mcburger/

Diners in the Lone Star State were invited to submit burger builds (using only on-hand ingredients) with the promise that one would be designated the “official McDonald’s burger for the great state of Texas.” It’s a sort of “Create Your Taste” customization initiative on a larger scale.

How large? McDonald’s says it received 27170 entries, and 206457 votes were cast which were enough to winnow the competition to five finalists. A winner is promised on June 27, announced at mcdburgershowdown.com.

xA6hqv4.jpg

The Lone Star Bronc: Premium bun, two quarter-pound beef patties, American and pepper-Jack cheeses, grilled onions, sliced pickles, applewood-smoked bacon, shredded lettuce and sweet onion BBQ sauce.

Fi2SSyr.jpg

The DobleTXMeet: Artisan roll, two classic beef patties, Swiss cheese, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, applewood-smoked bacon, herb seasoning, chipotle ketchup and regular ketchup.

5bGex0K.jpg

The Lone Star Stack: Texas toast, sliced pickles, two quarter-pound beef patties, white Cheddar cheese, applewood-smoked bacon, American cheese, caramelized onion and sweet onion BBQ sauce.

LwT4fJI.jpg

The McSqually: Texas toast, two quarter-pound beef patties, two American cheese slices, two strips of applewood-smoked bacon and Big Mac sauce.

VthF6pA.jpg

The Gourd: Texas toast, shredded lettuce, applewood-smoked bacon, guacamole, quarter-pound beef patty, American cheese and barbecue sauce.

painey

What junior high school student did they pay to photoshop together those burgers?

it wasn't photoshopped, just how you digitally made the burger look.. like when you go to pizzahut.com and select your toppings and they appear.

EulaCapra

My mouth is telling me to go for the Lone Star Stack. Because Texas Toast and it doesn't have McDonald's useless shredded lettuce.

As someone who lives in Texas and loves the best burger fast food place down here which arguably makes the best burgers in fast food, whataburger, I'd tell McDonalds that if you want to stand a chance choose one of the ones with the Texas toast.

The Patty melt is the best burger in a whataburger, aim for that.

The burger I submitted in the contest was a lot better than either of those, but I didn't feel like bugging all of my friends on facebook to vote for it so it didn't make the finals

Tarkus

Shredded lettuce should be banned from all burgers. Put some leaf lettuce on that shit. It's always better.

Shredded lettuce should be banned from all burgers. Put some leaf lettuce on that shit. It's always better.

I'm not from Texas. I've never been there or plan to visit anytime soon.
But in my head, I envision Hank Hill reading your post and shaking his head.
I'd like to think he would recommend The Lone Star Stack or The McSqually.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Will the winner only be sold in Texas?

Likely. Chicago did a similar contest and I think the winner of that one was also restricted to their locations. Though I suppose the winner would also be a candidate for nationwide tests for a limited time deal sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom