• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Japan to debut “American Vintage” menu January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
gjcjk1c.png

Jesus, look at the beak on her.

Cody_D165

Banned
Tell me about the fries.

They're basically super thin, decent fries. Ordering cheese fries takes them up a notch though. They're also available as bacon cheese fries if you're a bacon fan. And they use the same bacon as the burgers, not the artificial bacon bit crap.

YoungHav

Banned
Soulfood menu, 0/4 black faces, 13% of the population am cry. Are blacks banned from the restaurant during 50's night?

Isn't it an issue of professional pride, in the Japanese fast-food industry, to have the food item actually resemble its depiction?

That or it has more to so with the fact that working in a fast food restaurant in Japan is treated as a job, whereas in the US it's treated about the same as working on a chain gang, and even the normally disenfranchised members of society should treat them as dirt.

Xun

Maybe because I've been drinking a fair amount tonight, but this thread is making me damn hungry.

They both look fantastic.

I need some of this in my belly!

Last time I was in Japan, I only tried a few of "Japan only" burgers at McD. It was the Shrimp filet, and the mega mac (and one other one with a egg in it).

It wasn't bad at all... I'd be down to try some of these...

Oh and Burger King in Japan has crazy stuff as well...

YoungHav

Banned
Do these companies think us Americans are complacent idiots? They put a tenth of the effort for McDonald's US menus. We get parfaits, ice tea, and smoothies instead of that delicious.looking egg burger.

BigDug13

I loved the American Burger series in Japan. And their breakfast mcmuffins were far superior to ours. But the new bacon that the US mcdonalds has is incredible. If you have not tried the buffalo ranch bacon mcchicken sandwich, go get one.

SRG01

Needs more Canadian Poutine.

Also, bring it to Canada, or at least outside Japan. I hate that other countries get special menus every once in a while, but we're stuck with the same old all the time.

McDs already serves poutine in Canada. It's absolutely disgusting so don't try it...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love how if you quote the Chicago Double Beef whatever it looks like a double burger with a egg mcmuffin disc of egg like material on top.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I need some of this in my belly!

Last time I was in Japan, I only tried a few of "Japan only" burgers at McD. It was the Shrimp filet, and the mega mac (and one other one with a egg in it).

It wasn't bad at all... I'd be down to try some of these...

Oh and Burger King in Japan has crazy stuff as well...

Wendy's Japan has a snow crab burger special going on right now:

OscFg1D.jpg

Josh7289

This is really cool, at least as far as the art goes. They put a lot more effort into it than McDonald's France, at least.

Goliath

That was the most fun in Japan. Trying what THEY think is American food, lol.

Although a BigMac in Japan tastes exactly the same as it does here. It's a good safety net, lol.

Japan has such amazing food and food that is so different then ours I truly enjoyed trying everything I could. I had horse, whale, fresh sushi at the fish market, Takoyaki (I am addicted) but at one point I just needed something cheap and familiar so I had to try their McDonalds.

I try out McDonalds in every country I visit.

The Asian ones are always the best. Hong Kong was my favorite. Rice boxes, shake fries, chicken wings, red bean mcflurry, HK-style milk tea or iced tea. Godly. And best of all, it's still actually cheap (~$4-5 for a meal).

McDonalds in Canada sucks ass and I'm not sure what kind of idiot pays $8 for a Big Mac meal when you can get real food for the same price.

mt1200

Japanese McDonalds is way, way better than US McD. So, that's a good thing.

Several Mcdonalds all over the world are way better than US McD, in my country you get free pickles, jalapenos, and other condiments from a condiment bar.

We don't have free refills, but I don't really care about getting free soda.

I feel like I might be projecting insecurities, even though I do not consciously feel insecure about this.... HOWEVER, is it just me, or do they really emphasize our noses in Japanese art portraying white people?

Samus4145

Not the first time I've seen an overseas fast food place include items with "America" in the name that don't exist here in any form.

Also, they are doubling up on the sauce? Top and bottom? Why can't they do that here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom