• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's US replacing Angus burgers w/ new Quarter Pounders, also upgrading bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I felt the same way why they started the whole 100 percent white meat chicken nugget campaign. I vowed to never eat a mcdonald nugget again.

Welp you've gone and done it now. Within the next 10 posts we'll have the pink soft serve goo. I'm going to bed now and will find out if I'm right in the morning.

20120821-219555-mcdonalds-mighty-wings-signage.jpg

i remember these from a year or two ago, they were really good!

Pachinko

I've only had the angus burger in canada so I can't speak for anywhere else but I actually quite like the angus deluxe.

That said, I also liked the brief stint that we got the chicken mcbites- namely the habanero ranch sauce - it was actually spicy !

I imagine we should get some of this up here in a few months. The jalepeno angus they have is actually the weakest angus I've tried. The jalepenos aren't that spicy but they speed up the mcshit that inevitably follows any mcdonalds consumption :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
*pours one out for the Angus Mushroom & Swiss, you will be missed*

My man. The Angust Mushroom and Swiss and Deluxe no tomatoes was the only two burgers I could eat from McDonalds.

andycapps said:
It'll still suck. If you want a fast-food burger at a national chain, go to Wendy's.

It'll still suck.

Pot to kettle, you're black.

Xilium

RIP Mushroom & Swiss

There was one McDs near me that got the mushroom to mayo ratio perfect everytime.

*pours one out for the Angus Mushroom & Swiss, you will be missed*"

I really tried to like the Mushroom & Swiss but it was just way too dry and bare compared to Carl's Jr./Hardee's Portobello Mushroom Burger or anything with sauteed mushrooms from Quiznos. Carl's needs to make the PMB a regular menu item cause I need my mushroom burger fix.

lenovox1

Bring back the goddamn Arch Deluxe dammit. But on topic wise move. Those Angus burgers taste like ass.

The new Quarter Pounder Deluxe variety seems very, very similar to the Arch Deluxe.

Besides, they dumped that sandwich because consumers thought it was too expensive for a McD's sandwich, like why I assume they dumped the angus line.

entremet

Man, I forgot how dry and mealy these bigger chain burgers are. McD's burgers still suck. Great fries, tho. Not even worth for a drunk meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom