• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

threeball said:
Anyway, the thing is that everyone thought the PSP would end the DS's reign in the handheld market. Check past sales threads.

Actually i have been lurking here for quite some time and do remember those sad individuals (recently created an account once i found out users have a search thread function :lol) and the one you mentioned (mostly a joke around here right?)

But really, those who said PSP would destroy DS sounded a LOT like the people saying Wii will destroy PS3 currently, just different fanboys. It'll be interesting, thus the early tracking!

Tabris

AniHawk said:

How is this awesome?

How is the fact that there's only 80k PS3's out in Japan and thus software of course won't be selling more than 30k awesome?

God. Nintendo fanboys. Maybe I'm just crazy but I don't get cheering for this stuff and it frustrates me that you're all cheering for such weird things.

So it's awesome that the ps3 can't get any sales because there's nothing to sell to but it's A-OK that Love Berry sells 10x more than Castlevania POR. Craziness. Argh, I don't know why I read or reply in these threads, it's frustrating! Back to lurking.

polg

Cactus Jack said:
A PSP game in the top 10 is always impressive, as it rarelyt happens :)

And why compare Nintendo handhelds vs Sony handhelds? Its been the same for 16+ years now, Nintendo wins handhelds. Oh my God this is new and exciting. Sense the sarcasm in my post?

Many here are predicting total and utter defeat for Sony when it comes to home consoles, where they have obliterated Nintendo since 94' and MS since 01'. Don't you think we should track this so called "downfall"?

o_O mono indeed...

KINGMOKU

Tabris said:
How is this awesome?

How is the fact that there's only 80k PS3's out in Japan and thus software of course won't be selling more than 30k awesome?

God. Nintendo fanboys. Maybe I'm just crazy but I don't get cheering for this stuff and it frustrates me that you're all cheering for such weird things.

So it's awesome that the ps3 can't get any sales because there's nothing to sell to but it's A-OK that Love Berry sells 10x more than Castlevania POR. Craziness. Argh, I don't know why I read or reply in these threads, it's frustrating! Back to lurking.
Your posting reminds me of this guy;

benstein.gif

"Why so happy?"

Jonnyram

Tabris said:
I think he's remarking on the fact that PS3 likely sold hardware/software at a ratio of 5/1 this week. Maybe higher.

Tabris

AniHawk said:
Maybe if it had some games,

Are you the new gahiggidy/old-olimario or something? Actually gahiggidy is nice, so nevermind that :p Anyways, back on topic...

Seriousely people. 400k for Love and Berry. First post should have been "WTF is this?" and followed by "No! Where is my Castlevania?!" but maybe that's just my crazy taste. Wanting a game like Castlevania to do good and not a game like Love Berry? I must be crazy obviousely!

If in 6 months, I enter this thread and see a game like White Knight Story beat by a game like Love Berry 2, I'm going to physically cry :)

Cactus Jack said:
A PSP game in the top 10 is always impressive, as it rarelyt happens :)

And why compare Nintendo handhelds vs Sony handhelds? Its been the same for 16+ years now, Nintendo wins handhelds. Oh my God this is new and exciting. Sense the sarcasm in my post?

Many here are predicting total and utter defeat for Sony when it comes to home consoles, where they have obliterated Nintendo since 94' and MS since 01'. Don't you think we should track this so called "downfall"?

Using your logic, the N64 should have beaten the Playstation.

Past market control is only one piece of the puzzle when it comes to making predictions about who will win a generation. Sony's abysmal launch compared to microsoft's year on shelves and Nintendo's gleaming press coverage far outweighs Sony's past market control.

Sony definitely went into this war with the stronger army, however, that doesn't mean that your competitors can't use new tactics to completely destroy you, let alone suffer from internal errors which further hinder their capacity to fight.

It isn't Gloom and Doom for the PS3 this generation, it just certainly isn't first place either.

AniHawk

Tabris said:
If in 6 months, I enter this thread and see a game like White Knight Story beat by a game like Love Berry 2, I'm going to physically cry :)

So will I. I'll be laughing that hard too.

Using your logic, the N64 should have beaten the Playstation.

Difference is, my logic can see the difference between PS2 and SNES. The big 2 being increased fanbase over predessecor (dont bring up bububu increased competition, PS2 had that also) and no unforeseen unpredictable competiton this round.

The fact you call that Sony is not being in first place 2 weeks after launch again reminds me a lot of PSP fanboys calling premature victory in Jan 05' when PSP started outselling DS. Its unbelievably silly, and really hard to understand why most of you can't see what's coming straight at you. Its deja Vu, but with a twist.

Tabris said:
Are you the new gahiggidy/old-olimario or something? Actually gahiggidy is nice, so nevermind that :p Anyways, back on topic...

Seriousely people. 400k for Love and Berry. First post should have been "WTF is this?" and followed by "No! Where is my Castlevania?!" but maybe that's just my crazy taste. Wanting a game like Castlevania to do good and not a game like Love Berry? I must be crazy obviousely!

The first post should have been posting in legendary thread and I did such a thing.

How dare you offend me like that!

Jonnyram

Tabris said:
Umm, Castlevania was on last week's charts and sold about 16k. Next you'll be wanting Castlevania to outsell Pokemon too? How can an unpopular thing sell more than a popular thing? It has nothing to do with game/non-game, or whatever your agenda is. Love & Berry is a MASSIVE arcade game, and its success on DS is not surprising at all. How can you be "oh shit, the game industry is ****ed!"?

Difference is, my logic can see the difference between PS2 and SNES.
Famicom = PlayStation = Wii (each one made a massive difference to the industry, and got non-gamers hooked)
Super Famicom = PlayStation 2 (business as usual, higher power, game sales decrease)
N64 = PlayStation 3 (audience drops significantly)
GC = PlayStation 4 (and again)

Game over man, game over.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Dragona Akehi said:
Tabris is taking Anihawk's comments at face value? Someone needs a break from the forums...

I don't think that was banworthy, but it's still hilarious :lol

Ignore the biggest factor which is installed base? Why?

60 million -> 48 million

100 million (?) -> already 106 million, in 2 years 120 million+?

Also how big is the drop in games sales from PS1 to Ps2 if i may ask?

pilonv1 said:
How long till hardware?

Usually 24 hours after we get software

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Cactus Jack said:

60 million -> 48 million

Also how big is the drop in games sales from PS1 to Ps2 if i may ask?

Yes we get it. The PS3 is not doomed, people are just getting over excited. This IS a terrible start, though. Sony might have conceded the new-gen race to Nintendo.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
Love and Berry is for four to six or so year old girls. People need to think about that for one second.
I don't think it's right for us to be thinking about that.

heidern

Cactus Jack said:
The fact you call that Sony is not being in first place 2 weeks after launch again reminds me a lot of PSP fanboys calling premature victory in Jan 05' when PSP started outselling DS. Its unbelievably silly, and really hard to understand why most of you can't see what's coming straight at you. Its deja Vu, but with a twist.

Well, that was because those predictions were mostly based on a simplistic anaylsis that Sony had a slicker product and their marketing strength would lead to a repeat of the 32/64 bit console battle. Issues like price, creating original psp software and Nintendo's handheld software domination were conveniently ignored.

Predictions of the success of the Wii in Japan aren't just based on the fact that the DS has done well, but on a myriad of things like the continuing decline of the existing market, console size, price and things such as the lines forming just for preorders. The most important issue of all also greatly favours Nintendo right now and the fact that it is probably gonna take Sony 5 or 6 months or so just to match Nintendos day one line up for the Wii is a really major black mark against Sony.

D.Lo

Cactus Jack said:

60 million -> 48 million

Nintendo just hadn't come up with the 'force users to buy replacements for defective systems' method of bloating the install base.

Honestly, I've never bought a replacement ome console before, but I was forced to with PS2. so make that 106 million -1 to begin with.

Why are people excited over Wii sales report?

I can tell you what happens right now, sell out and Zelda TP has atleast .75 attach rate, rest of the games sell mediocrely, but system will still have above 1 attach rate systems:games.... PS3 1-2 games tops in Top 30, likely Wii LTD > PS3 LTD due to massive shortages thus people will troll PS3 to no end thinking that this launch somehow proves Sony isnt going to dominate like it did with PS2.

3 years later, we will link to the topic and laugh our asses off to see so many hailing premature victory (or failure, whichever you like) and being the exact opposite of current situation.

End excitement.

ThirdEye

Jonnyram said:
Umm, Castlevania was on last week's charts and sold about 16k. Next you'll be wanting Castlevania to outsell Pokemon too? How can an unpopular thing sell more than a popular thing? It has nothing to do with game/non-game, or whatever your agenda is. Love & Berry is a MASSIVE arcade game, and its success on DS is not surprising at all. How can you be "oh shit, the game industry is ****ed!"?

Famicom = PlayStation = Wii (each one made a massive difference to the industry, and got non-gamers hooked)
Super Famicom = PlayStation 2 (business as usual, higher power, game sales decrease)
N64 = PlayStation 3 (audience drops significantly)
GC = PlayStation 4 (and again)

Game over man, game over.
:lol Did N64 have FF13 and MGS4?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Cactus Jack said:
Why are people excited over Wii sales report?

I can tell you what happens right now, sell out and Zelda TP has atleast .75 attach rate, rest of the games sell mediocrely, but system will still have above 1 attach rate systems:games.... PS3 1-2 games tops in Top 30, likely Wii LTD > PS3 LTD due to massive shortages thus people will troll PS3 to no end thinking that this launch somehow proves Sony isnt going to dominate like it did with PS2.

3 years later, we will link to the topic and laugh our asses off to see so many hailing premature victory (or failure, whichever you like) and being the exact opposite of current situation.

End excitement.

Oh thank god, a psychic! I don't have to check the media create threads anymore.

heidern said:

In Jan 05', we knew a lot more about PSP/DS than we do currently with PS3/Wii, not too mention both consoles were out at the time in JP unlike currently. It does not matter if you think the premature anaylsis of fanboys has more solid ground this time around, its the exact situation only reversed (nintendo fans take Sony fans role)

Cactus Jack said:
In Jan 05', we knew a lot more about PSP/DS than we do currently with PS3/Wii, not too mention both consoles were out at the time in JP unlike currently. It does not matter if you think the premature anaylsis of fanboys has more solid ground this time around, its the exact situation only reversed (nintendo fans take Sony fans role)

Right, its the exact situation. Did you hear that guys? Somehow the position of various console fans has a bearing on sales!

Top Bottom