• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/18 - 2/24

smurfx

get some go again
wow galaxy is out of the top 30?

SiskoAnimated.gif

jibblypop

Banned
brawl and wiifit are a real one-two punch that is gonna be felt worldwide.

it's very similar to when new super mario bros and brain age propelled the DS to unheard of heights. not that the wii really needs anything to spur on sales since it's already number 1 but still.. should be fun to watch.

Busaiku

jibblypop said:

it's very similar to when new super mario bros and brain age propelled the DS to unheard of heights. not that the wii really needs anything to spur on sales since it's already number 1 but still.. should be fun to watch.
Brain Training was more than a year before NSMB.
The real 1-2 punch was Animal Crossing and Brain Training 2.

Jammy

Banned
jibblypop said:

It'll only solidify and strengthen the Wii's huge worldwide lead until the end of the summer. SSBB, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii are a three game tandem that other companies could only dream of having to push their systems. Realistically, I can see all three doing better than six million easily worldwide in just a year's time. That's amazing. Who knows what their LTDs will reach?

EDIT: It makes you wonder if Nintendo's prepping for that Animal Crossing Wii MMORPG for this holiday season along with a Brain Age 3. I could see the Wii's line-up and success very much copying DS's.

Well I guess Galaxy had a good run, I'm still sure it should hit a million in Japan over the course of the Wii's life.

What's the next big release over there anyway? Mario Kart? and then Metal Gear Solid? Anything before April?

sphinx

the piano man
Busaiku said:

DS had an E. honda style multi-punch sequence in 2005-2006.

Wii is doing its things but it's nowhere near a DS phenomenon in Japan.

mutsu

SunkisTim535 said:
Well I guess Galaxy had a good run, I'm still sure it should hit a million in Japan over the course of the Wii's life.

What's the next big release over there anyway? Mario Kart? and then Metal Gear Solid? Anything before April?

WiiWare in March is the next big thing from Nintendo. Unfortunately it's not tracked by MC obviously.

Wow MC and Famitsu numbers show quite a different story for a few games. The obvious SSBB beating EO2, Family Ski does a bit better and NSMB actually stays in the top 20.

mutsu

sphinx said:
DS had an E. honda style multi-punch sequence in 2005-2006.

Wii is doing its things but it's nowhere near a DS phenomenon in Japan.

Obviously. One household can have anywhere from 1-4 or more DS. One household would only really ever have 1 Wii realistically.

jibblypop

Banned
Busaiku said:

I think worldwide the real one-two punch was mario and brain age as they weren't so spaced out in their release as they were in japan. i think in the US they were only a month apart (i know i know japanese sales thread)

but it made me think of worldwide sales because the huge success of those 2 games in japan is going to be replicated worldwide and then some.

ethelred said:
No, it isn't. At all. But feel free to think whatever you like. Last I checked, this is a sales thread, though.

Yes it is.

EO's a good game. But it's an old fashioned dungeon crawling RPG. It's not that super-exiting.

However, I doubt you'll admit Smash Bros is a good game at all. Since you called it "fanwank"

Tmac

interesting numbers...

Whats up with populous DS (EA)? Ign says it wont be released in US, is that right?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Stop picking fights, you nitwits. Last thing we need is a bitch fest comparing to totally unrelated games

ethelred said:
No, it isn't. At all. But feel free to think whatever you like. Last I checked, this is a sales thread, though.

A game can have tons of fanservice and still be good, ethel. Smash Bros is a fine - and admittedly - rare example of this.

Joule

02./00. [NDS] Etrian Odyssey II: The Royal Grail (Atlus) - 69,000 / NEW

If I recall correctly, that's better than EO1's first week by a fair bit. I hope Atlus printed more copies this time around, I think last time they could of a lot sold more but was halted by their low print run.

I'll clear the 4th Stratum in tribute.

rpgfan16k

Joule said:
If I recall correctly, that's better than EO1's first week by a fair bit. I hope Atlus printed more copies this time around, I think last time they could of a lot sold more but was halted by their low print run.

I'll clear the 4th Stratum in tribute.

EO1 did about 32k week 1, but only because of cartridge shortages. It was in incredibly high demand for quite awhile.

Glad to see EO2 didn't suffer the same unfair fate :)

justchris

Tmac said:
interesting numbers...

Whats up with populous DS (EA)? Ign says it wont be released in US, is that right?

Wait, what? I need to know if this is true so I can import it now while I have the chance.

ethelred

Jiggy37 said:
Do we have figures on how the sales of this newest Harvest Moon stack up against previous games?

Edit: And if so, please provide them. Lest I risk the dreaded "yes" answer.

It stacks up pretty well against the earlier entries overall, though it's significantly lower than last year's Harvest Moon.

Code:
Mineral Town	  	GBA  	20,050  	14,749  	10,537  	161,430
Mineral Town (Girls)	GBA 	10,757 		- 		- 		108,362
Colobuckle Station	NDS 	22,926 		14,619 		9,439 		107,136
Colobuckle Station (G)	NDS 	- 		- 		- 		112,811
Island I Grew Up On	NDS 	70,980 		30,360 		24,925 		304,348
Tree of Life 		Wii 	18,733 		7,236 		- 		25,969

It's also lower than Rune Factory 2's first week, which is kinda funny. Could we be seeing the spinoff transcending the mother series?

SamBishop

Banned
Oh dear god. To have any version of Lost Planet score more sales than BioShock... and I like Lost Planet. Well, like it... ish. I am very, VERY happy with Japan right now.

Now to stoke the banfires, I'd kinda like to see how that supposed PS3 version of BioShock would do in Japan. I pray the game's appeal is platform agnostic.

Famitsu's chart was more interesting with EO2 on top. Will be interesting to see the hardware differences.

kassatsu said:
How did lost planet do on 360?
34.610 first week going by Moor-Angol's site (Famitsu).

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
ethelred said:
It stacks up pretty well against the earlier entries overall, though it's significantly lower than last year's Harvest Moon.
Any numbers for both PSP releases?
I'll be pissed if BTN outsold InnocentLife - yea the latter is different and not all of the new stuff is good - but I'm like 99% sure BTN was just a test case for putting a PS1 ISO on UMD (before the whole PSN distribution came to be).

ethelred

Fafalada said:
Any numbers for both PSP releases?
I'll be pissed if BTN outsold InnocentLife - yea the latter is different and not all of the new stuff is good - but I'm like 99% sure BTN was just a test case for putting a PS1 ISO on UMD (before the whole PSN distribution came to be).

It's hard to put a number on failure.

jesusraz

Tmac said:
interesting numbers...

Well, there's English, Spanish and German in the Japanese ROM, so it looks likely a Euro edition is definitely on the cards. Shame it didn't sell better in Japan, though. Theme Park struggled as well, despite the success of SimCity DS. Hopefully SimCity DS 2 won't underperform...

verplant

ethelred said:

Code:
Mineral Town	  	GBA  	20,050  	14,749  	10,537  	161,430
Mineral Town (Girls)	GBA 	10,757 		- 		- 		108,362
Colobuckle Station	NDS 	22,926 		14,619 		9,439 		107,136
Colobuckle Station (G)	NDS 	- 		- 		- 		112,811
Island I Grew Up On	NDS 	70,980 		30,360 		24,925 		304,348
Tree of Life 		Wii 	18,733 		7,236 		- 		25,969

It's also lower than Rune Factory 2's first week, which is kinda funny. Could we be seeing the spinoff transcending the mother series?

isnt "Island I Grew Up On" what the US calls "Island of Happiness" ?!?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/data/935053.html

Top Bottom