• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2013 (Mar 11 - Mar 17)

The Ear of Luigi!

Not expecting Vita to hold out any longer. The One Piece game and holiday helped it, so it's nice that it has sustained, but I have no faith at all in it for the next few months.

Vita actually went up. Impressive. Luigi's Mansion 2 is higher than I initially expected but probably lower after the shipment figure was released.

GRW810

Good start for LM2, our will easily reach 1m.in Japan, hopefully more. Two million between NA and EU in the long run too. Just cannot see this not reaching 3m at least.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Vita is revived, despite someone will still deny it. Operation successfull thanks to price drop + good and constant game releases.
Very good Luigi debut (the first one did 380k LTD), very lower debut compared to the first one for One Piece as happened for Hokuto no Mosou 2.
Wii U rises, wow...

Yeah, i think also someone said there were no chance that Vita would increase in sales this week :) The Vita is definitelly holding better than what most people were expecting.

Yeah. Sure I know that it would need to sustain these kinda sales for months to be an healthy platform again but the extreme cynicism regarding Vita has started to annoy me somewhat.

Afrit

It's a good sign that multiplatform releases on Vita could help even if sold decently.

FFX & FFX-2 if priced right will push some Vitas.

Kenka

Luigi and Vita

tumblr_m61wzbwJpC1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah. Sure I know that it would need to sustain these kinda sales for months to be an healthy platform again but the extreme cynicism regarding Vita has started to annoy me somewhat.
Yep, it shall be interesting to see how the Vita will contunie to sell. But at least these sales numbers shows that there are interest in the platform, and it can definitelly be a viable platform in Japan if the games keeps coming :)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Vita is revived, despite someone will still deny it. Operation successfull thanks to price drop + good and constant game releases.
Very good Luigi debut (the first one did 380k LTD), very lower debut compared to the first one for One Piece as happened for Hokuto no Mosou 2.
Wii U rises, wow...

Eh, about Vita, we need to see now how much it is revived in the following weeks with the upcoming lineup.

I can't wait to hear the negative vita spin. lol

I am really glad things are picking up for the Vita. It still has a ways to go but this past month Sony has proven they are trying to turn it around and they still have aces up their sleeve (Gravity Rush 2, Bend, PS4 integration, and I am sure more). Good stuff.

Usobuko

Banned
The one piece manga is at half way point and the creator says it will go on for another 10 years. There's only been very slight decline from the first week manga sales but eventually each volume will still crawl their way to 3m. That is, when you look at the big picture and as far as last year ( 2012 ) ranking goes, 3 times as much as the 2nd place.

Series by series
*1, 23,464,866 One Piece
*2, *8,070,446 Kuroko no Basket
*3, *6,495,240 Naruto
*4, *5,413,899 Uchuu Kyoudai
*5, *4,128,665 Fairy Tail
*6, *4,039,715 Kimi ni Todoke
*7, *3,603,710 Gin no Saji
*8, *3,439,839 Hunter x Hunter
*9, *3,437,182 Magi
10, *3,211,191 Bakuman

Volume by volume
*1, 3,336,992 One Piece vol.65
*2, 3,320,744 One Piece vol.66
*3, 3,044,901 One Piece vol.67
*4, 2,390,625 One Piece vol.68
*5, 1,281,309 Naruto vol.61
*6, 1,266,244 Naruto vol.60
*7, 1,242,035 Kimi ni Todoke vol.15
*8, 1,212,883 Kimi ni Todoke vol.16
*9, 1,192,100 Naruto vol.59
10, 1,090,309 Hunter x Hunter vol.30

What I'm saying is in short, One Piece musou is a terrible game, people were excited for a HD One Piece game and came disappointed. The brand is still going strong.

Top Bottom