• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2012 (Mar 19 - Mar 25)

nickcv

hardware - launch aligned
ZlUNl.png

software - launch aligned
vJyPW.png

unfortunately i'm not skilled enough to get dreamcast data

Kazerei

Banned
Good news all around, it seems. Little Busters actually charted and kept Vita hardware up. Lots of PS3, PSP, 3DS software up there, topped off with Kid Icarus!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Damn. Another week before Vita drops below 10k.

Good for Kid Icarus. Did better than I expected.
Pokemon + Nobunaga does a decent job of holding on to it's sales.
Monster Hunter 3G, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and even Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games go up in units sold. Even Harvest Moon and Hatsune Miku seems to be doing well. 3DS software is doing quite a good job.

The biggest sales disappointment here would be Black Panther 2: Yakuza Ashura. Sold a lot less compared to the previous game in the series.

Big 3DS hardware increase. Those bundles gave it quite a boost.
Vita still above 10000 ,but the Wii is coming closer in sales.

confuziz

Banned
07./09. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 22.402 / 1.337.122 (+32%)

2012 really is the end of the world =(

nickcv

how is kid icarus supply?

do you guys think that work of mouth could keep the sales up?
is it going to be a slow burner?

Haven't really kept up on how Kid Icarus plays. Does it have a substantial single player? Does it offer a decent multiplayer as well? Curious as to how that might affect trade ins.

PS2: I thought I told you that we won't stop I thought I told you that we won't stop I thought I told you that we won't stop I thought I told you that we won't stop I thought I told you that we won't stop I thought I told you that we won't stop

guit3457

how is kid icarus supply?

do you guys think that work of mouth could keep the sales up?
is it going to be a slow burner?

Kid Icarus was released March 23 so this is just 2 days of sales.

The game is sold out in a lot of places in Japan and even in amazon.co.jp. They are expecting a new shipment in the coming days (1st April)

Bruno MB

I didn't know a game bombing could make someone so happy :p

Black Panther 2: Yakuza Ashura Chapter looks like a massive flop too if it has truly shipped 200,000 units.

Kid Icarus was released April 23 so this is just 2 days of sales.

It was released on March 22 so 4 days of sales.

nickcv

Haven't really kept up on how Kid Icarus plays. Does it have a substantial single player? Does it offer a decent multiplayer as well? Curious as to how that might affect trade ins.

i personally don't have the game, but reading the OT i can pretty much tell you that GAF consensus is that they packed so much single player content that they could have splitted it among 3 games...

Kid Icarus was released April 23 so this is just 2 days of sales.

The game is sold out in a lot of places in Japan and even in amazon.co.jp. They are expecting a new shipment in the coming days (1st April)

ok, so we can expect a huge drop and then maybe a new rise from the ashes...

muu

Interesting that every system but the HD twins got a sales boost this week

Spring break happened. Graduation gifts and such aplenty is what's likely causing the boost.

Glad to see KI selling relatively well. It's definitely a game that can benefit from word of mouth, and if kids returning from break decide to make it a staple game alongside Mario Kart and MH, 500K+ LTD won't be out of the question.

Busaiku

Dang, was hoping Kid Icarus Uprising could break 200k given the reports and placing.
Not the hottest debut, but at least it's not horrible.

Hopefully it has legs.

Cipherr

I wonder if this:

03./01. [NDS] Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition <SLG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.03.17} (¥5.800) - 65.046 / 237.073 (-62%)

is feeding the 3DS base now too. No DS's are being moved seemingly. Ill bet the BC of the 3DS is eating away at what would have been sales of the DSi.

Pokemon will clarify this for sure when it launches, but I suspect 3DS will just eat the benefits of high profile DS releases.

guek

Banned
I wonder if this:
is feeding the 3DS base now too. No DS's are being moved seemingly. Ill bet the BC of the 3DS is eating away at what would have been sales of the DSi.

Pokemon will clarify this for sure when it launches, but I suspect 3DS will just eat the benefits of high profile DS releases.

Not a bad thing, right? At least long term. I'm sure they'd make more money short term on DS purchases.

olimpia84

Happy to see Kid Icarus performing well. A game with that much content packed in deserves good sales so here's hoping it develops big strong legs.

07./09. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 22.402 / 1.337.122 (+32%)
08./08. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 20.890 / 1.601.979 (+22%)
09./11. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800) - 20.305 / 1.439.760 (+29%)

g'damn, those will never stop selling

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I have a feeling Kid Icarus is going to have some strong Nintendo legs, possibly breaking 500K. But don't hold me to it!

muu

Which is why I'm hoping it has legs...
Most games get 50%+ in those first 2 days.

Most perennial Nintendo titles easily dwarf their initial weekly sales.

Also can't forget that it was supply constrained till Sunday when apparently add'l shipments came in (see retailer blogs, stock status in places like Yodobashi that came back on Sunday). Couldn't preorder from PlayAsia because of this, and now I'm STILL waiting for the JP version from another place that's twice as slow at the same price! I could play the US ver, but there's so many good words about
Viridii
in the JP version and she sounds like a spoiled brat in english.

Not a bad thing, right? At least long term. I'm sure they'd make more money short term on DS purchases.

Better than the toxic cycle PSP/PSV finds itself in. You don't want your predecessor to be nearly double-scoring you every week.

Top Bottom