• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 15, 2012 (Apr 09 - Apr 15)

muu

I stand corrected too since i mixed up with Wonderswan Color :)

Looked up Wonderswan Color data as well:
http://geimin.net/da/fa/601-700.php
Issue #630~

20wk sales comes up to 434K. Looks like sales hover around 3~4K thereafter except for occasional blips at 30K, I assume those are when notable Squaresoft handheld releases came out, as they went all out in providing ports.

but come on.... the fact that the wonderswan is discussion material in regards to Vita is pathetic.

shouldn't it like.. get some games and stay a float like a .. PS3 in its early years?? why not fail like the PS3 or even gamecube? why fail like wonderswan? the fuck is going on.

Pathetic or not I'm finding it as an interesting topic. Certainly better than spilling doom and gloom over whether or not we're going to get announcements at E3/TGS or not.

sphinx

the piano man
Pathetic or not I'm finding it as an interesting topic. Certainly better than spilling doom and gloom over whether or not we're going to get announcements at E3/TGS or not.

Oh, I didn't mean I was annoyed by you guys bringing the WonderSwan into the discussion, I meant that the fact the Vita makes us think of wonderswan and talk about it is pretty pathetic for the console.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
There we go, weekly Wonderswan sales!
http://geimin.net/da/fa/501-600.php
(from Famitsu issue #537~ data)

Just adding up the first 20wks adds up to ~440k, which means that test_account was right. I stand corrected. Scary thinking that they had 500K+ unsold systems just sitting out there on the market though.

I don't know how reliable these numbers from Bandai are. There is no way retailers ordered that amount with weekly sales WS had. Famitsu was way off or Bandai played games.

Unless they had shipped 1 million from day 1 since the system was very cheap.

muu

I don't know how reliable these numbers from Bandai are. There is no way retailers ordered that amount with weekly sales WS had. Famitsu was way off or Bandai played games.

Unless they had shipped 1 million from day 1 since the system was very cheap.

Hard to say I guess. Famitsu claims 145K+51K for Wonderswan color's first 2 weeks while the article I linked to earlier claims they sold out initial shipments of 300K in the first 2 days. 'Sales' could also mean different things, as you got sales going from Bandai Namco to wholesale distributors, who then sell to retailers (game shops, dept stores, etc). At what point does it constitute a sale, when does it count as a shipment?

It could make sense in the WSC case if they "sold" initial stock of 300K to retailers, who "sold" 200K over 2 weeks to consumers. Likewise Wonderswan could have "shipped" 1mil to distributors, who "sold" maybe 3/4 of that to retailers, and finally 450K or so to consumers. They could do some serious play with the numbers when you consider that Happinet, one of the larger distributors, is owned by Bandai Namco.

Edit:

And I may have been at least partially wrong. Press release states SCE was handling the distribution of Wonderswan games up to July 2000.

nordique

Oh, I loved it. It became like one of my all time favorite games eventually. It still is. I have an old Gamecube in my room, with Melee and Mario Kart, and we play it routinely every evening: it's perfect for college multiplayer life.
The game was incredible, it was flat out perfect. I mean, I like Brawl a lot too, and I don't get most of the hate it gets, but it was nothing on Melee, nothing at all.

Melee single handedly propelled the franchise to system seller status for me. The reason I bought as Wii? Brawl. The reason that, as things stand now, I'm waiting to get a Wii U and not getting it at launch? Because even though it's getting SSB4, so is the 3DS (which I own), which means I have no incentive whatsoever to buy one right now.

I love SSB, and it's all thanks to Melee :)

I agree, it definitely was propelled to system seller status with Melee

Very interesting, because I think a lot of people had this feeling about Melee. The original Smash Bros. I still play Brawl now and then with a group of friends; and I understand what you mean how its not bad but has "nothing" on Melee. Something about Melee's fighting system is just "perfect"

I hope it eventually comes to Wii U's downloadable GC selection (which though not officially announced, I think we know its gonna happen. HD Melee remaster? Yes please)

Culex

Banned
Updated. PSV continues it's slow fall into obsolescence.
vOs5t.jpg

Some of the 3DS vaporware:

-Activision
DJ Hero 3D

-Atlus
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

-Harmonix
Harmonix Music Project

-Hudson Soft
Bomberman
Kororinpa

-Konami
Contra

-Majesco Entertainment
BloodRayne: The Shroud
A Boy and His Blob
Lion's Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
Martha Stewart
WonderWorld Amusement Park

-Namco Bandai
Dragon Ball
Super Robot Taisen

-Rocket
Medabots

-Square Enix
Codename: Chocobo Racing 3D

-Tecmo Koei
Ninja Gaiden

-Tomy
Lovely Lisa 3D

-THQ
de Blob 2
Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom
The Penguins of Madagascar
Puss N Boots
Saints Row: Drive-By

-Ubisoft
Assassin's Creed Lost Legacy

-Warner Bros.
Batman

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well, Hudson's games existed at some point, but were cancelled by Konami.

Lost Legacy's concept was adapted into Revelations.

Chocobo Racing 3D was probably cancelled along with other unknown Square Enix projects back in early 2011.

Saints Row: Drive-By was in development for 3DS, XBLA and PSN at some point, but was cancelled. Meanwhile, THQ stopped developing "kids-focused" titles after de Blob 2 and uDraw tanked.

DJ Hero 2 was probably the last DJ Hero game.

Medabots is still coming, though, AFAIK.

test_account

XP-39C²
but come on.... the fact that the wonderswan is discussion material in regards to Vita is pathetic.

shouldn't it like.. get some games and stay a float like a .. PS3 in its early years?? why not fail like the PS3 or even gamecube? why fail like wonderswan? the fuck is going on.
The only reason why i mentioned Wonderswan was just to answer the question about that the Vita is not the system with slowest grow ever. It wasnt an arguement like "well, at least the Vita is doing better than the Wonderswan did" or "it will end up like the Wonderswan".

Personally i'm optimistic about Vita's feature. Honestly, if the situation isnt changed anything a year from now, then i can start to get alittle worried. I'll wait at least that long.

Looked up Wonderswan Color data as well:
http://geimin.net/da/fa/601-700.php
Issue #630~

20wk sales comes up to 434K. Looks like sales hover around 3~4K thereafter except for occasional blips at 30K, I assume those are when notable Squaresoft handheld releases came out, as they went all out in providing ports.
According to the data on Garaph, there were hardly any sales of Wonderswan Color, but i wonder if the launch week sales data is missing there. The first entry is only like 1.5k.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The only reason why i mentioned Wonderswan was just to answer the question about that the Vita is not the system with slowest grow ever. It wasnt an arguement like "well, at least the Vita is doing better than the Wonderswan did" or "it will end up like the Wonderswan".

Personally i'm optimistic about Vita's feature. Honestly, if the situation isnt changed anything a year from now, then i can start to get alittle worried. I'll wait at least that long.

Errr if the situation hasn't changed from this a year onwards then the system can be considered dead. At least in Japan.

test_account

XP-39C²
Errr if the situation hasn't changed from this a year onwards then the system can be considered dead. At least in Japan.
From what we saw from the 3DS, PSP and PS3, i know that a turn around is possible, even a long time after release. That is why i will give it a lot of time. I will do the same with upcoming WiiU and PS4 too (unfortunately not so much for Xbox 720 seeing the preformance of Xbox 1 and Xbox 360).

DiscoJer

Considering how much software the PSP is still getting, maybe Sony should have made a Vita with a UMD drive? Not to use all the time, but let it install to a memory card (which is essentially how a lot of recent PSP games do it, actually)

I mean, when you buy a Nintendo handheld when it first comes out, you can still buy software for the previous system. So the transition is smoother, I think.

Considering how much software the PSP is still getting, maybe Sony should have made a Vita with a UMD drive? Not to use all the time, but let it install to a memory card.

I mean, when you buy a Nintendo handheld when it first comes out, you can still buy software for the previous system. So the transition is smoother, I think.

At the very very least, BC should have been 100% and free. UMD drive or no.

Truth101

Banned
From what we saw from the 3DS, PSP and PS3, i know that a turn around is possible, even a long time after release. That is why i will give it a lot of time. I will do the same with upcoming WiiU and PS4 too (unfortunately not so much for Xbox 720 seeing the preformance of Xbox 1 and Xbox 360).

If sales are still like this for Vita after a year no 3rd parties will be making exclusive games for it...

test_account

XP-39C²
If sales are still like this for Vita after a year no 3rd parties will be making exclusive games for it...
Yeah, i see that it was a bit poorly worded from me. If the Vita keeps selling ~10k every week one year straight from now on, even with a pricedrop + new games, then it will be something different. I was thinking more that much can happen in the upcoming year from now on.

We may already be seeing the platform losing exclusives. I wouldn't at all be surprised to hear, for instance, that Project Diva was originally in development as a Vita exclusive and that the PS3 version was greenlit much more recently due to concerns about the platform's viability, hence the 2013 release date.

test_account

XP-39C²
At the very very least, BC should have been 100% and free. UMD drive or no.
Have anyone tried to use the same UMD on different Vitas with the UMD "transfer" program? If so, does it work? If it does, then giving stuff away for free wouldnt be possible (techincally yes, but not realistically).

Have anyone tried to use the same UMD on different Vitas with the UMD "transfer" program? If so, does it work? If it does, then giving stuff away for free wouldnt be possible (techincally yes, but not realistically).

But that's on Sony's end.
They chose to go this route, and completely abandoning a giant group of people is a no no.

How do you mean? That Sony should pay 3rd parties for the PSP games that Sony would give away for free?

That there should have been a solution in place to be able to transfer over all of your PSP games to the Vita.
I don't know how, and it really doesn't matter if I come up with a half baked answer. That is 100% on Sony, and it should have been done at launch. I understand why they stepped away from UMD, it was necessary, but then they expect people to buy their new system and leave behind a still thriving one? Yeah, not smart.

test_account

XP-39C²
That there should have been a solution in place to be able to transfer over all of your PSP games to the Vita.
I don't know how, and it really doesn't matter if I come up with a half baked answer. That is 100% on Sony, and it should have been done at launch. I understand why they stepped away from UMD, it was necessary, but then they expect people to buy their new system and leave behind a still thriving one? Yeah, not smart.
If such a solution was realistically possible in a feasable way, i'm sure that they would have done it. Sometimes things must be changed, like droping the UMD drive, meaning that solutions for replacing such functions might not be too viable. Even Nintendo might face this unless they are going to do a dual screen setup for the rest of their excistance, and keep using the same sized game cards for all time. The 3D effect might be gone in the next DS (backward compability might still work however). They also faced it from NES to Gamecube due to different media being used.

I think that backward compability only really matters in the begining anyway. After a while, people mostly want a new system because of the new content.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
but then they expect people to buy their new system and leave behind a still thriving one?

for *NEW* PSP games it doesn't make a bit of difference - you just move to buy the games via DD.

The reason the PSP is going insane now is the size of library and the utterly amazing deals available on used software. PSO2 ? 280 yen. MH2G ? 100 yen etc etc.

The Vita PSP experience and the PSP UMD experience has been seperated and it's created a revived revenue path for Sony on a "dead" machine.

We've done this subject to death though - a UMD on the vita would have been absolutely stupid, the transfer system isn't as simple as you think (from my days in copyright i know there's a huge distinction between a UMD product and a DD product), and that's before we get to controlling that only one game is copied to one machine.

Yay for Kid Icarus, hopefully it will end up with a LTD of somewhere between 250,000~300,000.

Bit the bullet now that I'm back from my trip and bought Kingdom Hearts. It's my first one and the gameplay is pretty good, but the story is absolutely batshit insane. I can understand why it might not be selling well given the possibility for fatigue and too releases being spread between too many platforms. (Wish save-points were more frequent, though).

Pokemon Conquest doing well - hopefully it'll mean a 3DS sequel (that doesn't take 3 years to develop...). Will be interesting to see how well BW2 do come June. Promotional stuff for movie/BW2/Conquest has taken over my local Aeon games section.

Fire Emblem next week will be interesting. Given the promotional stuff they've been doing for it, plus the new features to attract more casual players, they might be in for a high-sell through for the title. Going to pick it up tonight after work (Sorry KH:DDD).

Vita is worrying. It's performed significantly worse than the 3DS did in the same time frame, with (arguably) a better early line up, although it has basically no release currently on the horizon. e3/TGS Will be interesting. It's just hard to justify a purchase, especially for teenagers (a big market for PSP) when to buy the console, game & memory card is over 30,0000 yen, where as I could get a 3DS and game (with in-built storage) for around 20,000. I'm interested in the hardware, but without games that appeal to me, I can't justify a purchase.

Golden Week numbers, although still 3 weeks away, will be telling for 3DS software and hardware and Vita hardware. Hopefully, there's a big boost for everything.

Vita is worrying. It's performed significantly worse than the 3DS did in the same time frame, with (arguably) a better early line up.
You can debate the quality of said titles but the selling power of Street Fighter, Proffesor Layton and Nintendogs is considerably stronger than anything Vita offered on launch day.

You can debate the quality of said titles but the selling power of Street Fighter, Proffesor Layton and Nintendogs is considerably stronger than anything Vita offered on launch day.

Very true, especially for Japan. However, Nintendogs + Cats still under performed.

Regardless, the situation is worrying. No games with selling power on the horizon, Game Tengoku not delivering, vague hints at MonHon clone (which may have the opposite affect, especially if it's first party/crap) and significantly higher entry point than the competitor, which is already more established in the market with a wider library.

saichi

for *NEW* PSP games it doesn't make a bit of difference - you just move to buy the games via DD.

The reason the PSP is going insane now is the size of library and the utterly amazing deals available on used software. PSO2 ? 280 yen. MH2G ? 100 yen etc etc.

The Vita PSP experience and the PSP UMD experience has been seperated and it's created a revived revenue path for Sony on a "dead" machine.

We've done this subject to death though - a UMD on the vita would have been absolutely stupid, the transfer system isn't as simple as you think (from my days in copyright i know there's a huge distinction between a UMD product and a DD product), and that's before we get to controlling that only one game is copied to one machine.

The PSP is going insane now in Japan? What did I miss?

BKK

Since we are talking about some oldies.
Here a french article.

Some of those figures are wrong IMO.

Thanks for posting, but yeah, those don't match the actual shipments through March 1997 at all.

Magazine Scan:

GBY: 60.0m
SFC: 46.7m
PS1: 20.0m
N64: 11.5m

Shipments:

www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1109.pdf
http://web.archive.org/web/20090202173528/http://scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps_e.html

GBY: 54.05m
SFC: 45.23m
PS1: 13.50m*
N64: 5.80m

*Production Shipments

------------------------------------

Edit:

Sony should release a UMD drive for Vita;

eiggn.jpg

Fsw2C.jpg

HKC5b.jpg

From what we saw from the 3DS, PSP and PS3, i know that a turn around is possible, even a long time after release. That is why i will give it a lot of time.
Something to keep in mind when making this comparison. All three systems you named came off of momentum from a market-leading predecessor (I'm counting the PS2 as the predecessor of both Sony systems, obviously).

That afforded all three systems you named a substantial amount of pledged early support before the system even released. Those comebacks didn't materialize out of nowhere.

muu

Something to keep in mind when making this comparison. All three systems you named came off of momentum from a market-leading predecessor (I'm counting the PS2 as the predecessor of both Sony systems, obviously).

That afforded all three systems you named a substantial amount of pledged early support before the system even released. Those comebacks didn't materialize out of nowhere.

Saturn/Dreamcast/Game Cube may be a better comparison. You could also draw parallels with how PS1/N64 turned out.

LOCK

Slow week, but really it should have been expected. Next three weeks should be interesting.
Best selling 3D Mario ever?
Best selling 3D Mario ever.
Oh boy, well this bodes well for future 3D titles. Yay!
PSP(2011 YTD)= 702,547
PSP+PSV(2012)=525,629

Looking ahead to Week 16, PSP did 49,427 in 2011.

3DS+DS(2011 YTD)=1,259,929
3DS+DS(2012 YTD)=1,407,818

Looking ahead to week 16, 3DS+DS did 36,599 in 2011.

All handhelds(2011 YTD)=1,962,476
All handhelds(2012 YTD)=1,933,447

Almost there 2012.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
The PSP is going insane now in Japan? What did I miss?

The number of romance, novels, dating sims PSP gets right now is insane. I lose the count every week.

Golden Week numbers, although still 3 weeks away, will be telling for 3DS software and hardware and Vita hardware. Hopefully, there's a big boost for everything.

GW's effect on sales shows next week.

Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2012 (Apr 02 - Apr 08)

01./00. [PSP] 2nd Super Robot Wars Z: Saisei-hen <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.04.05} (¥7.330) - 246.114 / NEW
02./01. [3DS] Kingdom Hearts 3D -Dream Drop Distance- # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2012.03.29} (¥6.090) - 38.703 / 268.892 (-83%)
03./04. [3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.03.22} (¥5.800) - 27.577 / 217.189 (-39%)
04./03. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.03.29} (¥5.980) - 24.854 / 91.112 (-62%)
05./02. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.03.29} (¥7.980) - 24.356 / 116.286 (-74%)
06./07. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 21.340 / 1.337.105 (-18%)
07./08. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800) - 19.114 / 1.511.132 (-12%)
08./05. [NDS] Pokemon Conquest <SLG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.03.17} (¥5.800) - 16.018 / 287.770 (-44%)
09./10. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 15.304 / 1.638.787 (-3%)
10./06. [PSP] Black Panther 2: Yakuza Ashura Chapter <ADV> (Sega) {2012.03.22} (¥6.279) - 12.730 / 136.209 (-56%)
11./13. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo) {2012.03.01} (¥4.800) - 9.574 / 127.555 (-24%)
12./12. [PS3] Devil May Cry HD Collection <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.03.22} (¥4.990) - 6.454 / 58.273 (-50%)
13./15. [3DS] Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin <SLG> (Marvelous AQL) {2012.02.23} (¥5.040) - 6.037 / 154.945 (-25%)
14./00. [PS3] Mahjong Dream C Club <TBL> (D3 Publisher) {2012.04.05} (¥7.140) - 5.780 / NEW
15./14. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.03.01} (¥8.190) - 5.102 / 784.797 (-42%)
16./16. [WII] Wii Sports Resort # <SPT> (Nintendo) {2009.06.25} (¥4.800) - 5.087 / 2.851.368 (-29%)
17./00. [360] Kinect Star Wars # <ACT> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2012.04.05} (¥5.880) - 4.627 / NEW
18./27. [WII] Just Dance Wii <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.10.13} (¥5.800) - 4.291 / 3.486.898 (-15%)
19./28. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.09.22} (¥2.990) - 4.224 / 230.637 (-15%)
20./23. [WII] Wii Party # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2010.07.08} (¥4.800) - 4.204 / 2.248.450 (-23%)
21./00. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends <ETC> (Nintendo) {2011.02.26} (¥4.800) - 4.151 / 513.508
22./09. [PSV] Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.03.29} (¥6.980) - 4.047 / 19.877 (-74%)
23./27. [WII] Just Dance Wii <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.10.13} (¥5.800) - 4.037 / 582.606 (-20%)
24./18. [PS3] Ninja Gaiden 3 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.03.22} (¥8.190) - 3.490 / 38.267 (-50%)
25./21. [PSP] Fairy Tail: Zelef Kakusei <ACT> (Konami) {2012.03.22} (¥5.800) - 3.418 / 29.614 (-46%)
26./29. [3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy <ACT> (Square Enix) {2012.02.16} (¥6.090) - 3.415 / 136.660 (-31%)
27./00. [WII] Go Vacation <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.20} (¥5.800) - 3.360 / 276.519
28./17. [PSP] Shining Blade <RPG> (Sega) {2012.03.15} (¥6.279) - 3.318 / 149.381 (-53%)
29./00. [WII] Kirby's Return to Dream Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.10.27} (¥5.800) - 3.066 / 614.306
30./22. [3DS] Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai # <ACT> (Sega) {2012.03.08} (¥6.090) - 3.052 / 120.365 (-48%)

Top 30

3DS - 10
PSP - 6
WII - 6
PS3 - 5
360 - 1
NDS - 1
PSV - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |
|  PSP  |      43,8% |      18,7% |      37,3% |
|  3DS  |      24,1% |      41,2% |       9,2% |
|  PS3  |      14,3% |      21,4% |      12,4% |
|  WII  |       7,0% |       6,7% |      12,1% |
|  NDS  |       6,5% |       6,7% |      24,5% |
|  PSV  |       2,3% |       3,8% |       0,0% |
|  360  |       1,9% |       1,5% |       3,4% |
|  OTH  |       0,1% |       0,1% |       0,1% |

HARDWARE
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  3DS  |     67.613 |    118.072 |     32.759 |  1.491.970 |    877.360 |   5.627.709 |
|  PS3  |     20.775 |     24.916 |     22.681 |    501.895 |    437.716 |   7.919.043 |
| PSP # |     16.780 |     19.966 |     36.111 |    355.802 |    675.728 |  18.592.910 |
|  PSV  |      8.283 |     11.983 |            |    236.891 |            |     639.685 |
|  WII  |      6.569 |      9.134 |      8.838 |    187.164 |    322.139 |  12.354.907 |
|  360  |      2.983 |      1.026 |      1.941 |     19.173 |     45.352 |   1.539.911 |
|  PS2  |        617 |        662 |      1.286 |      8.250 |     21.015 |  21.962.541 |
| NDS # |        568 |        717 |     18.356 |     14.843 |    513.008 |  32.850.345 |
|  ALL  |    124.188 |    186.476 |    121.972 |  2.815.988 |  2.892.318 | 101.487.051 |
|  DSi  |        568 |        717 |     17.713 |     14.843 |    491.971 |   8.260.041 |
|  PSP  |     16.780 |     19.966 |     35.474 |    355.802 |    659.863 |  18.432.335 |

test_account

XP-39C²

PSP also has momentum now. But only time will tell.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PSP also has momentum now. But only time will tell.

How is selling 13K a week having momentum ? And there arent many real upcoming big games, most IPs have already their next titles announced for 3DS/Vita/Ps3.

test_account

XP-39C²
How is selling 13K a week having momentum ? And there arent many real upcoming big games, most IPs have already their next titles announced for 3DS/Vita/Ps3.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call what the PSP is selling "having momentum" to be honest.

Anyway what big PSP software is there left?

It does not have momentum, but it has simply a large installed base and a fairly active userbase. It's cheap, it has new releases every week (even though not really big sellers) and a strong line-up.
Fair enough, but the DS was selling around ~20k a week when the 3DS came out, so i guess that the 3DS didnt come out of momentum then either?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Fair enough, but the DS was selling around ~20k a week when the 3DS came out, so i guess that the 3DS didnt come out of momentum then either?

The 3DS wasn't having it's assed kicked by the DS on weekly basis long after it's release, it happened a fair few times but no where near the ps vita and psp and sinking even further below 10k. 3DS was actually growing near the time approaching it's price cut, it just wasn't growing fast enough. Not to mention the longer the 3DS was out the weaker the DS became.

test_account

XP-39C²
The 3DS wasn't having it's assed kicked by the DS on weekly basis and sinking even further below 10k. 3DS was actually growing near the time approaching it's price cut, it just wasn't growing fast enough.
True, but the point was to come off momentum from a predecessing system, so it doesnt really matter if the DS sold more or less than the 3DS. It only matters how much the DS was selling at the time.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
True, but the point was to come off momentum from a predecessing system, so it doesnt really matter if the DS sold more or less than the 3DS. It only matters how much the DS was selling at the time.

True but the DS wasn't selling gangbusters either before the 3DS launch, so their wasn't really much to grow from.

Can't wait! It's going to be so awesome! I'm going to throw a party.

It probably won't drop it actually has a game coming out next week.

Top Bottom