• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 24, 2017 (Jun 12 - Jun 18)

EDarkness

They won't, don't be silly. I doubt they have high projects for this either because the purpose of the port is likely just to throw Switch owners who expected a shiny new MH for their system a bone while they work on World and the other game.

What other game? You seem to be pretty confident that this game exists, but there's no proof of that at all.

Wagram

Ni no kuni PS3 bombed pretty hard too. A lot of Ni no kuni themed PS3s were shipped to China. I saw plenty of them around, and they were not even priced higher than normal PS3. It's like nobody even wants it.

To me Code Vein is Bamco's attempt to have their cake and eat it too. They want that millions of Souls fans in the west, but they also can't ditch the God Eater fans in Japan. The end result is something not immensely appealing to the west or east. Western gamers have to deal with the appalling art design while Japanese gamers won't get the local co-op experience they want from GE on PSP and Vita.

As someone who's not interested in God Eater i'm interested in Code Vein due to the similarity with Souls. Whether or not it turns out any good is another story.

Surprised at how low this is - how is this game doing in Japan? I'm sure digital and PC are higher but still seems low for the PS4 physical. Game not really pulling in new players?

There's really no need for a disc with an MMO. Digital likely far, far exceeds physical on both platforms.

Kyoufu

What other game? You seem to be pretty confident that this game exists, but there's no proof of that at all.

There are multiple teams working on MH games. Ichinose was the director of MHX but he's not directing MHXX. He's certainly working on the next MH on Switch.

Hero

Switch support should be compared with 3DS and Wii U, at least in the beginning.

Bomberman success can very likely lead to revivals of other dead franchises that fit the system and you can bet they have a close eye on FIFA performance this year.

If anyone expects high budget games that have been in development for years with western sales in mind first to push the magic button and jump to Switch, this won't happen definitely not in 2017 or 2018 and many of them (from western publishers mainly) never.

This exactly. Their recent comments about Castlevania after specifically talking about Bomberman's success combined with the Netflix anime, I would not be surprised to see a new Castlevania game in the near future.

EDarkness

There are multiple teams working on MH games. Ichinose was the director of MHX but he's not directing MHXX. He's certainly working on the next MH on Switch.

There is no evidence of this. Not saying he's not working on another Monster Hunter, but there is no guarantee that this game is for the NS. Just because it seems like a logical conclusion, doesn't make it so.

Busaiku

At this point, if Nintendo wants another hunting game after Monster Hunter XX, they have to make it themselves.
Or wait for more Attack on Titan shovelware.

sinonobu

Banned
It will be interesting to see Nintendo's take on hunting genre.

Capcom's probably not going to make one anytime soon, so now's the perfect chance too.

Ex-Psych

At this point, if Nintendo wants another hunting game after Monster Hunter XX, they have to make it themselves.

I would love to see how Nintendo would tackle the hunting genre.

Edit: I was too slow.

While I still think the original 4chan leak has some merit even if some details are wrong/that Switch could get a MH down the line, I guess it's an interesting thought.
Sony funded their own Monster Hunter clone with Inafune's Soul Sacrifice and alongside a price drop it helped Vita actually have some footing in any territory.

...Though I don't think Nintendo needs a 1:1 MH-like. I think Splatoon could probably fill in that local multiplayer market and be a much bigger global hit.
I imagine nintendo could probably make a pretty good MH clone, maybe as a Zelda spin off with multiplayer.

Wonder if 3rd parties will come and fill in the void like they tried to do on Vita with Namco's God Eater and Toukiden. As the last handheld in japan there's likely a bit of a market there
*It's Groundhog Day!*

Maybe they could go make a Pokémon Hunter game.
Could probably work, but i doubt anyone would ok skinning a pokemon or hitting one with a sword

ggx2ac

I mean, it's more possible now since Splatoon that we could get a Monster Hunter Nintendo game or a MOBA Nintendo game, Nintendo is trying to get new talent to take leading roles for their new IP.

Aside from Splatoon as mentioned, if you look at the three director roles for ARMS, all three of them were hired in the 2000s and each of them had various roles, one was a programmer, another was a planner, and the third is an art director.

KtSlime

Capcom better hope Nintendo doesn't fill the gap and take their lunch while they are gambling on World, Nintendo has an uncanny knack for dominating genres in Japan.

zeromcd73

Aeon will have 2,000 Switch units available tomorrow nationwide in their stores.
DDOCBa0U0AAsysz.jpg

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 25 2017

01./00. [3DS] The Alliance Alive <RPG> (FuRyu)
02./01. [NSW] ARMS <ACT> (Nintendo)
03./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood <RPG> (Square Enix)
04./02. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo)
05./00. [PSV] God Wars: Future Past <SLG> (Kadokawa Games)
06./03. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom)
07./00. [PS4] God Wars: Future Past <SLG> (Kadokawa Games)
08./04. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo)
09./05. [PS4] Tekken 7 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
10./06. [PS4] NieR: Automata <RPG> (Square Enix)
11./07. [PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
12./08. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games)
13./09. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
14./10. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan)
15./13. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
16./12. [PS4] Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition <RPG> (From Software)
17./00. [PS4] LocoRoco Remastered <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
18./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: The Complete Edition <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥5.800)

19./15. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo)
20./11. [NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection <RPG> (Square Enix)
20./14. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia <SLG> (Nintendo)

ggx2ac

Capcom better hope Nintendo doesn't fill the gap and take their lunch while they are gambling on World, Nintendo has an uncanny knack for dominating genres in Japan.

I guess it's possible, all the other Monster Hunter clones haven't fared well in comparison.

Now I'm thinking of another idea but it wouldn't happen anyway.

Luigi's Mansion: Ghost Hunter

Single or multi-player Co-op. Fight ghosts of various forms like a Dragon or that Piano with teeth in SM64. Go to various mansion locations that changes the environment and enemies that spawn.

(Yes, it already sounds similar to Luigi's Mansion 2)

Etc. Etc. It's a rough idea but things that would be lacking is character customisation and gear since it's Luigi.

casiopao

Aeon will have 2,000 Switch units available tomorrow nationwide in their stores.

30 minutes top i believe then.

And, a Nintendo own hunting genre game? It is going to be interesting especially with that Nintendo flavour lol.

But i had hard time seeing what team of Nintendo will be able to make the game.

Mario Kart team is busy on ARMS and they sure are not going to leave MK franchise for too long.

Animal Crossing team now had 2 super huge franchise which would render busy all the time.

The only team which would be a bit free right now would probably be Zelda team and Mario Odyssey in upcoming future team but i had really hard time seeing Nintendo allowing them to work on some unproven IP when Mario and Zelda is their two biggest flagship.(Especially Mario which i believe they should have another new big title for 2020 to launch during their themepark big opening.)

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 25, 2017 (Jun 19 - Jun 25)

01./00. [3DS] The Alliance Alive <RPG> (FuRyu)
02./01. [NSW] ARMS <ACT> (Nintendo)
03./02. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo)
04./03. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo)
05./04. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom)
06./00. [PS4] God Wars: Future Past <SLG> (Kadokawa)
07./07. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive)
08./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood <RPG> (Square Enix)
09./08. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X <ADV> (Bandai Namco)
10./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: The Complete Edition <RPG> (Square Enix)
11./05. [PS4] Tekken 7 <FTG> (Bandai Namco)
12./12. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer)
13./06. [PS4] NieR: Automata <RPG> (Square Enix)
14./11. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo)
15./00. [PSV] God Wars: Future Past <SLG> (Kadokawa)
16./10. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo)
17./21. [PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
18./15. [3DS] Mario Sports Superstars <SPT> (Nintendo)
19./00. [PS4] Farpoint |PlayStation VR| <ACT> (Sony Interactive)
20./09. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <ETC> (Nintendo)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 25, 2017 (Jun 19 - Jun 25)

01./01. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time <RPG> (Square Enix)
02./02. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time <RPG> (Square Enix)
03./03. [NSW] Splatoon 2 <ACT> (Nintendo)
04./04. [PS4] Gundam Versus: Premium G (Sound Edition) <ACT> (Bandai Namco)
05./05. [PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age <RPG> (Square Enix)
06./00. [PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX (Memorial Pack) <ACT> (Sega)
07./12. [PS4] Portal Knights <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft)
08./00. [3DS] Metroid: Samus Returns (Special Edition) <ACT> (Nintendo)
09./06. [PS4] New Hot Shots Golf <SPT> (Sony Interactive)
10./07. [PS4] Gundam Versus <ACT> (Bandai Namco)

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 24, 2017 (Jun 12 - Jun 18)

***WARNING***

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are ONLY based on sales at Rakuten Books and does NOT count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking, since those sales are NOT added afterwards.

Delio

He worked on MH3G and then MHX. It's amazing that people struggle with the concept of multiple teams working on an annualised franchise.

Then they pull the side team off the Switch game after MHW turns into a worldwide success! ( i'm just kidding of course)

I guess it's possible, all the other Monster Hunter clones haven't fared well in comparison.

Now I'm thinking of another idea but it wouldn't happen anyway.

Luigi's Mansion: Ghost Hunter

Single or multi-player Co-op. Fight ghosts of various forms like a Dragon or that Piano with teeth in SM64. Go to various mansion locations that changes the environment and enemies that spawn.

(Yes, it already sounds similar to Luigi's Mansion 2)

Etc. Etc. It's a rough idea but things that would be lacking is character customisation and gear since it's Luigi.
MonHun clones did great, not 1+ million great, but 500+k great when they were on the same system as MonHun itself.

I still think the next multiplayer Zelda should be a hunting action game based on BotW's engine and gameplay style.

ggx2ac

MonHun clones did great, not 1+ million great, but 500+k great when they were on the same system as MonHun itself.

I still think the next multiplayer Zelda should be a hunting action game based on BotW's engine and gameplay style.

That's the problem though, they haven't been that big enough to have an impact to shift popularity away from Monster Hunter.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
That's the problem though, they haven't been that big enough to have an impact to shift popularity away from Monster Hunter.

I guess but didn't most of the Monster Hunter clones have problems with quality at least past the first entry? Toukiden 2 abandoned portables, God Eater 2 repeated a lot of content, etc.?

casiopao

I feel the reason why Hunting game is hitting such ceiling is for how unfriendly and unattractive its theme to the mass market nowadays.

If Ninty is able to add some Ninty charms like ARMS, i can see it break the other MH clone number. And did quite well.

ggx2ac

I guess but didn't most of the Monster Hunter clones have problems with quality at least past the first entry? Toukiden 2 abandoned portables, God Eater 2 repeated a lot of content, etc.?

That's the other thing if we want to spend time looking at games like those and Ragnarok Odyssey and Final Fantasy Explorers for why they weren't huge as Monster Hunter clones.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo won't develop a MH clone... They also won't develop a COD or Uncharted clone. They can't outdo Capcom and MHXX likely won't be the last Switch MH or MH style game.

zeromcd73

The Snack World Trejarers delayed to August 10th, officially for quality reasons. Doubt it'll change much anyway.

https://www.inside-games.jp/article/2017/06/26/108122.html
holy shit lol. Mobile version also delayed until next year. The mobile version was originally supposed to release before the 3DS version in April...
lol... Def. looks like a bomb for now... At least on 3DS - don't know how things will look on mobile but there is like no hype.

Game also looks worse than the Yokai Watch games.
The game looks exactly like Yokai Watch Busters after getting a close look at the gameplay posted yesterday. I also didn't know that when you leave the main hub town you pick a dungeon with nothing to explore in between. Considering it is an RPG I expected exploration...

There is no evidence of this. Not saying he's not working on another Monster Hunter, but there is no guarantee that this game is for the NS. Just because it seems like a logical conclusion, doesn't make it so.

Good job I wasn't making logical conclusions then. Either way, Capcom isn't going to abandon the domestic market completely. They do some bewildering things, but they're not that stupid.

Sandfox

holy shit lol. Mobile version also delayed until next year. The mobile version was originally supposed to release before the 3DS version in April...

The game looks exactly like Yokai Watch Busters after getting a close look at the gameplay posted yesterday. I also didn't know that when you leave the main hub town you pick a dungeon with nothing to explore in between. Considering it is an RPG I expected exploration...

That's Level 5 code "The mobile version is never coming out". They were vocal about bringing their handheld franchises to mobile and not a single one can make it out the door.

Captain Tsubasa > Inazuma Eleven

Hino is fucked lol.

Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin isn't confirmed for mobile iirc. It could be a game for consoles. Then of course, that doesn't mean it will attract people away from CT, but at least it's a different system in that situation, which people use for a different kind of experience, which may actually be a hole that Level-5 still can fill.

Top Bottom