• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 4, 2012 (Jan 23 - Jan 29)

Vinnk

Also the DS versions (at least some of them) have English language options in Japan. I think GS1DS was published after the Western release.

GS1,2 and 3 have the option to switch the language to English. 4 and the 2 Gyakuten Kenji games do not.

GS1DS was released in Japan several months before the Western Version. I remember that after playing the game, I send a copy to my brother because it would not be out in the Staes for a while. First one on DS was a full priced release as well. 2 and 3 were budget titles.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
One Piece is gonna crush'em all!
Gravity Daze could do well. If with well you mean simply sell the shipment, regardless how big it is...

extralite

@lunchwithyuzo
What I meant was that it was an option. The Rhythm Tengoku sequel for DS was localized for Europe btw and bombed terribly. As I'm sure you know already, sorry.

Also, despite the adjustments to M1 (which basically was stuff like renaming the towns to not correspond to holidays of the calendar year, removing the meaningful association of time and space by the narrative which is simply dumbing down rather than censoring) it wasn't released, although fully localized. And sent out for reviews as well as being advertised in NP. A limited run wouldn't have been a real financial risk. They could at least bring it to VC now.

Won't you at least entertain the possibility that the American setting turned out to be a problem? Why was the setting changed for the sequel to Eagleland at all? Why wasn't it a proper sequel but more of an upgraded rehash?

@Vinnk
The first one also had the extra case which would warrant a rebuy more than simple ports. But the English version being included months before Western release speaks in favor of the ports being intended for Western release in the first place.

I'm guessing the original DS games didn't include the English texts as they'd have had to be delayed too much for that.

(And I own and have played all the original GS versions (The Best for the GBA ones), each before they were even announced for Western release.)

@lunchwithyuzo
What I meant was that it was an option. The Rhythm Tengoku sequel for DS was localized for Europe btw and bombed terribly. As I'm sure you know already, sorry.

Also, despite the adjustments to M1 (which basically was stuff like renaming the towns to not correspond to holidays of the calendar year, removing the meaningful association of time and space by the narrative which is simply dumbing down rather than censoring) it wasn't released, although fully localized. And sent out for reviews as well as being advertised in NP. A limited run wouldn't have been a real financial risk. They could at least bring it to VC now.

Won't you at least entertain the possibility that the American setting turned out to be a problem? Why was the setting changed for the sequel to Eagleland at all? Why wasn't it a proper sequel but more of an upgraded rehash?
It wasn't an option though, because there was no native DS version. I think cheapo ports of Mother 3 and Rhythm Tengoku would've been great and undoubtedly led to western releases, but NCL evidently felt differently. The only reason we didn't see either was their platform and Nintendo's bullheaded attitude towards it in the west at the time they would've been up for release.

And you think Mother 1 would've made it through localization completely had the content been deemed unsuitable for release? I mean, sorry, but that just doesn't make much sense? Also, it wasn't "sent out" to any media, nor was it advertised afaik. People had no clue it was even up for release until the rom was leaked and dumped, and even then it was met with skepticism until the GBA reissue in Japan featured the same graphical changes. I really don't know why Nintendo sat on US Mother 1, but if it was due to content I doubt the localization would've made it to completion. Giftpia certainly didn't, which actually was shelved for content/marketing concerns.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I mean the sequel. The name changes of the whole series is confusing.

All Rhythm Tengoku games were successful. The most recent one, Fever, sold a lot less than the DS game, but it still stood out in the charts for months, and considering the situation the Wii market is right now in Japan, it had a pretty solid performance.

Road

Is February going to be the first month without any Wii software release or has that already happened?

Looking at Nintendo's site schedule, there isn't anything, physical, WiiWare or VC. Although, I guess a VC title could still appear?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If I'm reading correctly, Sinobi says that reservations for Theatrhythm FF have been growing rapidly since the coming of the second demo.

@Road: I fear it's the first month for Wii with no releases at all.

If I'm reading correctly, Sinobi says that reservations for Theatrhythm FF have been growing rapidly since the coming of the second demo.

The game will have DLC since the launch day; each song will cost 150 yen and Square Enix is planning to release new tracks every two or three weeks. Even if the game will barely do 100k imo, the company has the chance to exploit downloadable contents to make profits.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The game will have DLC since the launch day; each song will cost 150 yen and Square Enix is planning to release new tracks every two or three weeks. Even if the game will barely do 100k imo, the company has the chance to exploit downloadable contents to make profits.

They could sell 50k LTD and would probably make profit on this project.

Andriasang said:
Famitsu has a more specific release time frame for Rune Factory 4 this week. The 3DS entry in the Harvest Moon offshoot series was previously announced for a Spring time frame. It will now be released in July.

The magazine may have an update to go along with the date (this isn't always the case though, as dates sometimes just appear in the release chart), so we'll hopefully get additional details later today.

23bwx.jpg
239bb.jpg
239b3.jpg
239b2.jpg
239bd.jpg
239b4.jpg

link

Kenka

Encouraging. I hope we'll get to see it in here as well. It is now allowed to raise expectations above 100k, right ?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Encouraging. I hope we'll get to see it in here as well. It is now allowed to raise expectations above 100k, right ?

Looking at "Rhythm Thief R" that could reach the 70K mark if will have just normal legs (looking at week 2), I think that for a "similar" but "FF branded" game, that saw also good response from the demo, we could look for the 100K mark LTD

The second demo is far superior to the first one, since it contains an excellent introduction of the gameplay.

mclem

Ignoring Theatrhythm itself, I'm very encouraged that they're seeing marked increases in preorders from a *downloadable demo*. I do hope Nintendo sit up and take note.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ignoring Theatrhythm itself, I'm very encouraged that they're seeing marked increases in preorders from a *downloadable demo*. I do hope Nintendo sit up and take note.

Well, probably the same happened with Rhtyhm Thief, which it has been favoured by having a demo. So... it's working. With rhythm games, but it's working :D

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu Sales: Week 6, 2012 (Jan 30 - Feb 05)

01./00. [PS3] Soul Calibur V <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.02.02} (¥8.380)
02./02. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2012.01.26} (¥5.990)
03./00. [PSP] PhotoKano <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2012.02.02} (¥7.140)
04./00. [PSV] Ragnarok Odyssey <SLG> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2012.02.02} (¥5.985)
05./04. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800)
06./00. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Spec II <RCE> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2012.02.02} (¥4.980)
07./05. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
08./01. [PS3] Armored Core V <ACT> (From Software) {2012.01.26} (¥7.800)
09./07. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
10./00. [PS3] Dragon Age II <RPG> (Spike) {2012.02.02} (¥8.379)

Mr Swine

Banned
Famitsu Sales: Week 6, 2012 (Jan 30 - Feb 05)

01./00. [PS3] Soul Calibur V <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.02.02} (¥8.380)
02./02. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2012.01.26} (¥5.990)
03./00. [PSP] PhotoKano <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2012.02.02} (¥7.140)
04./00. [PSV] Ragnarok Odyssey <SLG> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2012.02.02} (¥5.985)
05./04. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800)
06./00. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Spec II <RCE> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2012.02.02} (¥4.980)
07./05. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
08./01. [PS3] Armored Core V <ACT> (From Software) {2012.01.26} (¥7.800)
09./07. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
10./00. [PS3] Dragon Age II <RPG> (Spike) {2012.02.02} (¥8.379)

Well tales fell of the list that fast, sold worse than the 3DS tales? Good that Resi is still in 2:nd place :D

Top Bottom