• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2013 (Sep 30 - Oct 06)

there's something slightly bigger than gta coming out next week too

something with pocket monsters

I think MH4 will be #4 behind Pokemon, GTA and maybe Danganronpa next week, though.

Oh you're right, how could I have forgotten about that? 3DS will surpass last years LTD next week then.

Yanikun

Banned
Are people really waiting for the new Vita model? I wouldn't have thought, considering it's basically the same price, but maybe new colors + on-board memory + slimmer is a good enough combo. Still think it looks like a Chinese knock-off, but I haven't seen one in real life.

WIU | 4.001
PSV | 3.538
oZpecWV.gif

Shengar

The overall software sale is pretty damn low. Just look at the gap between MH4 and Armored Core V Verdict Day.
It must be Pokemon, I know it.

I don't know, I think Capcom has been saving some Monster Hunter 4 copies to ship this weekend, like a new, glorious 500k shipment! Trying to get that Pokemon audience (kids).

Kouriozan

Bad week overall, but still nice seeing Mario Kart 7 and NSMB 2 getting some boost.
Vita and Wii U, bro for life, fighting together.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
MH sales bottlenecked, it seems

@gibbogame 2h
Enterbrain -MH4 its sold/shipped ratio is 99.6% which means almost zero inventory at retail and thats almost 3 weeks after launch.

Next week is going to be interesting, new Vita and Pokémon :p
Capcom really screwed up with their estimates.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is this the most dominant 1 piece of hardware has ever been in Japan?

I think so, at least for the recent years - DS was selling like crazy in a time where at least the Wii and PSP sold good/okayish. Right now it straight up slaughter for every plattform which isnt 3DS lol.

Scum

Nintendo blowing hot and cold at the same time. :lol
3D World with Mario Kart 8 demo. Soon...

nampad

Only one new release made the top 20?
Hope next weeks Vita numers are better due to the finally released new model.

Taker666

Vita will get a nice boost next week..although why people are waiting to buy a worse version of something they can already get (for the same price).. is beyond me.

I don't see the new Wii U bundles doing much. They certainly aren't setting the pre-order charts on fire at Amazon Japan. They should have dropped the price and marketed the freebies all users can get... rather than upping the price and including other stuff.

Vita getting new model next week so not surprising that its sales bottom out (PS3 sold 1.5k during the week before the slim). Interesting to see was there a lot of pent up demand for the new model during this last month. Of course Pokemans and 3DS are going to crush everything but still.

Vita will get a nice boost next week..although why people are waiting to buy a worse version of something they can already get (for the same price).. is beyond me.

Well it's at least lighter. Japanese tend to like their slim models.

Mr Swine

Banned
Good lord MH4 is still trucking along. But I wonder which will cross 3 million first?

I expect the new Vita model to sell more than 100k next week with that big game everyone is talking about. But I think sales will be back at 15k after a few weeks :/

Ocarina of Time (the best Zelda) did nothing for 3DS so why is this news?

Surely it did more than Wind Waker? I have no idea, but either way for the Wii U to dip back below 5,000 after just a week of a major release isn't good news.

On the other hand, this Monster Hunter-Pokemon 1-2 punch probably has them smiling about their portable side of things.

HardRojo

Vita revision is coming out this week right? Wii U's value bundles are releasing some time this month right? That should explain the low numbers but still... it's just sad to look at them and compare them to the 3DS, the 3DS is a beast.

Ah I forgot about Pokemon... Good luck trying to go up against that, Vita :/

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pokemon is coming next week and people in this thread are actually expecting GTAV to be in the top spot in Japan?

FreeMufasa

Imagine if someone said in December 2009, there'd be a 4,000 gap between the wiis successor and the 360.

:lol : lol : lol

Top Bottom