• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2015 (Sep 28 - Oct 04)

horuhe

This week will be a bit slow, it seems. Quite disappointing.

It seems like if this weekend there were people only pre-ordering and not really buying. Hope Uncharted moves some units. PS4 will have a great week, though.

Vena

This week will be a bit slow, it seems. Quite disappointing.

PS4 will have a great week, though.

This is about the only interesting thing this week to see just how far it has fallen. (Aside from the resounding success of the TriForce beta... >.>)

horuhe

Shin Uchi sold +2.5m so of course it won't sell as much. YWB is around 1.6m so the third version might do 600-700k.

Well, certainly didn't expect two millions for this. I was refering more to the impact itself. And as you said 700k is a lock, but I would go to the million mark. Shin Uchi sold 2.5m but Ganso and Honke more than 3.5m. That's more than the half of YW2. So, I expect Moon Rabbit doing the same. Busters will hit 1.8m before Christmas, so why not Moon Rabbit getting that million?

3DS is basically 2020-III.
it's primarily in year 2100 (plus past and future which don't touch year 202x) so nope it isn't 2020-III.. you can't just assume it is 2020-III just because the character designer are the same as 2020 instead of the original game... then again, why do i bother trying to correct you about this, not that i would be able to change your view ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it's primarily in year 2100 (plus past and future which don't touch year 202x) so nope it isn't 2020-III.. you can't just assume it is 2020-III just because the character designer are the same as 2020 instead of the original game... then again, why do i bother trying to correct you about this, not that i would be able to change your view ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It might not be technically 2020-III but the game is marketed as such (as the third entry of the PSP series) - otherwise I don't know how to explain the III in the title other than an intent to market this game to the 2020 series fanbase - sometimes software house do not explicit market actual sequels as sequels (SMTIV Final is an example) or do market not-so-sequels as sequels to have a marketing continuity... Nothing weird. If you have a better explanation, I'd be glad to read it.

L~A

I think it's a free DLC update.

Yes, that's for owners of the two versions that came out in July. The third version is getting a retail release (scan clearly shows the boxart, even with the Nintendo Network logo and everything), most likely in early december.

I presume it'll be just like YW2 Shin Uchi: owners of the current versions will get the content from the third version, but only the third version will have the contents from both original versions.

It might not be technically 2020-III but the game is marketed as such (as the third entry of the PSP series) - otherwise I don't know how to explain the III in the title other than an intent to market this game to the 2020 series fanbase - sometimes software house do not explicit market actual sequels as sequels (SMTIV Final is an example) or do market not-so-sequels as sequels to have a marketing continuity... Nothing weird. If you have a better explanation, I'd be glad to read it.

Honestly I can't remember if the dev really mentioned 'the 3rd entry of the PSP series' or something similar to it, but the III in the title most likely represent the 3 eras that the game took place (other than being the '3rd main entry')

For fun!

Monster Hunter games for PSP: 7

Monster Hunter Portable
Monster Hunter Portable 2
Monster Hunter Portable 2G
Monster Hunter Portable 3
- Monster Hunter Diary
- Monster Hunter Diary G
- Monster Hunter Puzzle

Monster Hunter games for 3DS: 6

Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4
Monster Hunter 4G
Monster Hunter X
- Monster Hunter Diary DX
- Monster Hunter Stories

There's still room for one more spin-off.

3rd version of Youkai Watch Busters this December apparently?
Yo-kai Watch must die so that Shack World can live.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
YSO predictions

Week 42, 2015 (Oct 12 - Oct 18)

01. [3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD < 90k (average 80k)
02. [PSV] Geki Jigen Tag: Blanc + Hyperdimension Neptunia Vs. Zombie Gundan < 30k (average 25k)
03. < 20k

duckroll

Yes, that's for owners of the two versions that came out in July. The third version is getting a retail release (scan clearly shows the boxart, even with the Nintendo Network logo and everything), most likely in early december.

I presume it'll be just like YW2 Shin Uchi: owners of the current versions will get the content from the third version, but only the third version will have the contents from both original versions.

&#332;kami;181314064 said:
CoroCoro shows a boxart soooooo.

I mean the content of Shinuchi was released on Ganso/Honke so I can see the same thing happening if that's what you mean.

This is what happens when people look at foreign magazine articles without being able to read them. :p

CoroCoro will be including a special box case for the "update" in their December issue, along with other bonus goodies like a booklet, a card, and so on. So fans can pretend they have a physical version of the new update.

YSO predictions

Week 42, 2015 (Oct 12 - Oct 18)

01. [3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD < 90k (average 80k)
02. [PSV] Geki Jigen Tag: Blanc + Hyperdimension Neptunia Vs. Zombie Gundan < 30k (average 25k)
03. < 20k

That'd be a pretty good hold on to audience for 7th Dragon if true.

And the same 25-30k Neptunia faithful turning out FW for that game, I see. It's shockingly constant how they've held on to their small audience.

It's not doing as well on COMG as past games though.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
This is what happens when people look at foreign magazine articles without being able to read them. :p

CoroCoro will be including a special box case for the "update" in their December issue, along with other bonus goodies like a booklet, a card, and so on. So fans can pretend they have a physical version of the new update.

You can read japanese duckroll? :)

Arzehn

With all this "bomba" discussion about WE, does anyone know if Konami be continuing with Pro Yakyuu Spirits?

I wonder why Sony doesn't make a NPB game for Japan. Would the license be too expensive? They already have the engine with MLB The Show. Seems like a missed opportunity for Japan's most popular sport.

Eolz

For fun!

Monster Hunter games for PSP: 7

Monster Hunter Portable
Monster Hunter Portable 2
Monster Hunter Portable 2G
Monster Hunter Portable 3
- Monster Hunter Diary
- Monster Hunter Diary G
- Monster Hunter Puzzle

Monster Hunter games for 3DS: 6

Monster Hunter 3G
Monster Hunter 4
Monster Hunter 4G
Monster Hunter X
- Monster Hunter Diary DX
- Monster Hunter Stories

There's still room for one more spin-off.

If the 3DS successor wasn't so close, I could have seen Capcom try to make a port/version of MH Explore on eshop.

Watch out when you cross the street
waWyirS.gif

Battle for the king of western titles on Q4 (COMG)

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 - 34pt (+2)
Star Wars Battlefront - 30pt (+6)
Fallout 4 - 22 pt ( = )

giphy.gif

Ōkami

1. [WIU] Super Mario Maker - 35pts
  2. [PS4] Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - 35pts
  3. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2016 - 33pts
  4. [3DS] Yokai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad -29pts
  5. [3DS] Pro Yakyuu Famista Returns - 28pts
  6. [3DS] Yokai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team -27pts
  7. [3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - 26pts
  8. [WIU] Splatoon - 21pts
  9. [3DS] Monster Hunter: Poka Poka Airou Village DX - 20pts
  10. [PSV] Yoru no nai Kuni (Limited Edition) - 19pts
  11. [PS4] FIFA 16 - 18pts
  12. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - 17pts
  13. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - 17pts
  14. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 16pts
  15. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu (Limited Edition) - 15pts
  16. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Limited Edition) - 15pts
  17. [3DS] Chibi Robo Zip Lash! - 15pts
  18. [PS4] Mad Max - 14pts
  19. [PS4] Yoru no nai Kuni (Limited Edition) - 13pts
  20. [PS3] FIFA 16 - 13pts
They posted this several hours later than usual for some reason.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
1. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2016
2. [PS4] FIFA 16
3. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu
4. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2016
5. [PS4] Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
6. [WIU] Super Mario Maker
7. [3DS] Pro Yakyuu Famista Returns
8. [PS3] FIFA 16
9. [3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
10. [3DS] Picross 3D 2
11. [3DS] Yokai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad
12. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain
13. [WIU] Splatoon
14. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
15. [3DS] Yokai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team
16. [PSV] Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition
17. [3DS] Chibi Robo: Zip-Lash
18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
19. [PSV] Yoru no nai kai?
20. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

Btw, is it just me, or Animal Crossing HHD doesn't seem to have as much legs as I'd suspect? Maybe it just looks bad compared to YW: Busters or something...

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 41 2015

01./01. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
02./00. [PS4] FIFA 16 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)
03./02. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
04./03. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2016 <SPT> (Konami)
05./00. [PS4] Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
06./07. [WIU] Super Mario Maker <ETC> (Nintendo)
07./00. [3DS] Famista Returns <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games)
08./00. [PS3] FIFA 16 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)

09./08. [3DS] Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon <RPG> (Nintendo)
10./05. [3DS] Picross 3D 2 <PZL> (Nintendo)
11./17. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad <ACT> (Level 5)
12./15. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain <ADV> (Konami)
13./13. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
14./12. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King <RPG> (Square Enix)
15./18. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team <ACT> (Level 5)
16./21. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Mojang AB)
17./00. [3DS] Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash <ACT> (Nintendo)
18./20. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer <ETC> (Nintendo)
19./06. [PSV] Yoru no Nai Kuni <RPG> (Koei Tecmo)
20./22. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain <ADV> (Konami)

Winning Eleven holding it?

I'd just say that Tsutaya's costumers like soccer.

Honestly I can't remember if the dev really mentioned 'the 3rd entry of the PSP series' or something similar to it, but the III in the title most likely represent the 3 eras that the game took place (other than being the '3rd main entry')

Ok, thanks. I'm more inclinde to think that III is actually referring to the fact that it's the third entry of the PSP series rather than something else - at least from a marketing perspective that's how it should be.

Ok, thanks. I'm more inclinde to think that III is actually referring to the fact that it's the third entry of the PSP series rather than something else - at least from a marketing perspective that's how it should be.

I think 2020 and 2020-II are considered two halves of 7th Dragon II hence the name.

In the meanwhile, Monsterstrike is doing quite well on both Comgnet preorders and Amazon rankings. It'd be interesting to watch since it's basically a new IP in the handheld space.

Top Bottom