• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 42, 2015 (Oct 12 - Oct 18)

Takarajima stores, a chain located in Gifu Prefecture, has restocked the increasingly popular Glacier White PS4. And in preparation for the big titles to be released in November and December, the recommend to purchase some units during these days.

Which big titles?

Splatune is the title of the Original Soundtrack Album for Splatoon, which was released last week (on October 21st) in Japan. We quickly learned that it was off to a great start, with over 24 000 units sold during the first day: in fact, it was even the second best-selling album in Japan on its release day, according to Oricon.

But it turns out that Splatune was also the second best-selling album in Japan throughout the week (October 19th to October 25th)! According to Oricon, the album sold over 43 000 units during its first week on the market, which is quite the achievement for a video game soundtrack. And it looks like this is only the beginning…

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/brief-splatune-43-000-units-sold-during-the-first-week/

I love the music in Splatoon so I'm glad to see it do well.
It actually had a better first week sales than most Japanese games in MC...

Even the OST has legs, lol

Sandfox

well, thos historical data somehow put the Tri Force "flop" in perspective
I didn't remember that the multiplayer zelda games performed so poorly also in the past.
I wonder what were they thinking withi Tri Force project as a whole.
I'm sure they were just thinking about getting something cheap out for the later part of the year.

Vena

I'm sure they were just thinking about getting something cheap out for the later part of the year.

Re-used assets and , a good practice environment for younger designers and a good "shoot off ideas, let's test them" scene in puzzle making, the bread and butter of Zelda gameplay.

All in all, unless it really, really, really does badly, it will be more than justified and (probably) profitable. If not monetarily, in simple investment reasons.

L~A

Quick notes for EU gaffers: new Media Create/Famitsu numbers will be released at 2PM instead of 3PM due to the DST switch.

NA is the same (9AM ET / 6AM PT) until next week, where it'll switch to 8AM ET / 5AM PT.

Quick notes for EU gaffers: new Media Create/Famitsu numbers will be released at 2PM instead of 3PM due to the DST switch.

NA is the same (9AM ET / 6AM PT) until next week, where it'll switch to 8AM ET / 5AM PT.

Does Japan not observe DST?

Just confirming because if so, that means it should be same time for me, as I'm also in a region that doesn't observe it.

Edit: Nvm, just googled it. I didn't realize that it was mostly just NA and EU that observed it.

hiska-kun

Does Japan not observe DST?

Just confirming because if so, that means it should be same time for me, as I'm also in a region that doesn't observe it.

Edit: Nvm, just googled it. I didn't realize that it was mostly just NA and EU that observed it.

It's the usual time in Japan.
It's the "rest of the World" the ones who switched hours xD

L~A

Media Create:

PS4 22,801
New3DS LL 16,144
Vita 12,981
Wii U 9,961
New3DS 3,530
PS3 1,909
3DS 1,277
Xbox One 1,009
Vita TV 782
3DS LL 478

Zelda: 54k
Aikatsu: 34k
Wii U finally below 10k, heh? Wonder if that's because of the bundles or not. Hard to say with how low sales are/have been.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
20k new PS4 baseline? That would be something, I'd say: it was 15k before the cut.
Poor Zelda sales, but the previous multiplayer-focused games have perfomed similarly, so...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does it? I don't see any pet simulator games anywhere on the Top 100 charts.

The closest thing I can see of that nature would be The Sims Freeplay, which generally charts well, but again that's kind of different from an animal simulator as the animal simulation is only part of that title, with the people and their property being the biggest draw.

If we're talking about Japan, then there's basically nothing, but Japan's mobile scene is a lot more mid-core oriented.

Now, if there's just an opening since no one is doing a good job, that's more debatable. Most direct animal sim games do well in the top download charts, but don't go on to make much money.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Wii U under 10k is sad, but it's also because they annunced the Splatoon bundle.
I think Wii U will remain under / at 10k level, and then will get a good boost in the Splatoon bundle week.
Last year was 14k with MK8 bundle, i think we will see >20k this year.

Top Bottom