• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet The Knights Of The Order: 1886

coldcrush

Neo Member
I love that the characters in this game feel so much more unique than many other titles set in a historical time period or similar style of game, I know slapping some beards and on the male characters is not revolutionary but they look more than this to me, For example having the older guy, it definitely feels refreshing.
I am hyped for this game.

Drac84

Sir Perceval has motivational death written all over him, but then again in Uncharted
I thought that about Sully in all three games

Too bad they're just going to have guns and can't have crazy Dynasty Warriors-level weapons like Galahad fighting monsters by flicking water and tsunamis from the holy grail at them

Lafeyette-smallx.jpg

This guy has a bit of the LA Noire, real-face-stuck-on-CG-head look about him. His features seem a bit two-dimensional. The rest of them look amazing, though.

I still don't understand why this isn't a co-op game. It just makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I love single player games but Playstation (3 & 4) need more co-op games.

StuBurns

Banned

Don't get me wrong, I love single player games but Playstation (3 & 4) need more co-op games.
I can see this stance, but can you imagine being the team being forced to hugely compromise your campaign by your publisher because they feel like they're lacking in co-op games?

It shouldn't be co-op, unless RAD specifically wanted it to be, and built it with that in mind.

Ricky_R

I can see this stance, but can you imagine being the team being forced to hugely compromise your campaign by your publisher because they feel like they're lacking in co-op games?

It shouldn't be co-op, unless RAD specifically wanted it to be, and built it with that in mind.

Definitely this.

If it isn't co-op, I'm not interested. The only reason I was excited about the original teaser was that I was assuming the whole time that it was four-player co-op.

Sekundes

Neo Member
the character design reminds me a bit of "Sword of the New World" an mmorpg where you had like a dozen old-timey characters and could play with up to three.

nevertheless: now there is a second game, next to Transistor, that I would play on the PS4. I'm really looking forward to this...

i hope we see a trailer or a gameplay soon. And i hope development of the game is progressing really well. How long has the game being in development for?

i hope we see a trailer or a gameplay soon. And i hope development of the game is progressing really well. How long has the game being in development for?

Ideation and concepts of the game started around 2006.
Initial concept got scrapped, reworked and re tinkered at 2007.
Concept pitch to Sony at 2010.
Pre-production around 2011, early 2012, I would guess.
In full-production now, though we don't know how long that's been the way.

I think Weerasuriya said that they only ramped up into full production recently. Like maybe a couple of months back.

Uh, we don't know one way or the other whether it's co-op yet.

troll post incoming.... is this Fuse?

You're right, this is a troll post. Fuse had reasonable gameplay but one of its main problems (apart from being published under EA 'send them to die' Partners) was its utterly generic appearance and premise. In that respect, The Order is quite the opposite. The art style and setting is quite unique for videogames, which alone makes it an exciting prospect.

Ideation and concepts of the game started around 2006.
Initial concept got scrapped, reworked and re tinkered at 2007.
Concept pitch to Sony at 2010.
Pre-production around 2011, early 2012, I would guess.
In full-production now, though we don't know how long that's been the way.

Thank you a lot for that. I was hoping the game was not been rushed. Seeing as its been in the works for time, i am hoping we see a trailer soon

Uh, we don't know one way or the other whether it's co-op yet.

I think it has been confirmed that the main campaign is not co-op.
Maybe there will be a multiplayer mode "horde style".

Yes. I guess you're right.

If it isn't co-op, I'm not interested. The only reason I was excited about the original teaser was that I was assuming the whole time that it was four-player co-op.

I got some bad news, man.

synce

Have the devs confirmed or denied if Galahad will be the only playable character? I don't care for co-op but I'd love to play as Igraine for at least one chapter

Gadirok

I adore the character designs in this game. It reminds me of a cross of Full Metal Alchemist with the atmosphere of Resistance:Fall of Man.

Sekundes

Neo Member
okay after seeing the trailer I have to ask:

Why is none of these so-called "knights" using a sword??

Kinda bummed... still looking forward to it

Top Bottom