• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 | TV Commercial

watership

It's not really that surprising. They are undoubtedly some of the finest visuals ever seen in a game and the easiest thing to sell it on a TV advert.

Finest visuals ever seen in a game is taking it a bit far, but it is an nice looking game. The quotes come off as too specific. "She's got a great personality".

schaft0620

I got a couple of friends that are on the fence about the PS4, were going to be eating wings, meatballs, blasting the pre-game on a 75" TV full surround sound. With 1/2 a wing slightly hanging from my mouth I'm going to look over with my mouth full and mummer "see?"

GO HAWKS

mhayze

For some reason, this makes me think "Final Fantasy by a western developer". I realize it's not exactly in the same genre (i.e. it's not an RPG) but the mix of cinematic visuals and a retro-futuristic or steampunkish vibe reminds me of the FF series. I will be watching for reviews of this, since I'm not sure if it will be too QT-heavy or if that will still work. I'm pretty sure I'll eventually play it, just not sure if it's a full-price / close to full-price purchase for me or not.

solid commercial, but i would have liked to see some more gameplay. still going to buy & play this in the coming months.

depending on how long before the SB they play this, it may have been worth it to just cough up the dough for an in-game ad. i feel like tomorrow's going to be huge.

i don't get what it is about this game that makes people freak out

Lots of people have already made up their mind about it one way or the other. Review thread is going to be crazy.

Can't wait. Its getting close now. Arguably best looking game ever made gets praised for its visuals in an TV ad and people are concerned that it means something other than the game having great visuals, lol.

I still cant get excited about this game. The gun play just seems very average and every take down resulting in 3 different camera angles is weird.

It's not really that surprising. They are undoubtedly some of the finest visuals ever seen in a game and the easiest thing to sell it on a TV advert.

Plus, I think they want to make it clear to people that the graphics they are seeing are REAL-TIME and not another lame ass CGI trailer.

Aikidoka

. As one of PlayStation 4’s biggest new exclusives in recent memory, it’s the perfect time for The Order: 1886 to be at the forefront.

I find that quote to be pretty funny considering the Ps4 has only been out a year.

"You might not want to pre-order it" -Eurogamer
It would be amazing if Sony did some stuff like this

ibaige9RViSheM.gif

(credits to ElTorro) :)

They certainly love that zeppelin. Seems like they are showing the same stuff on repeat in all the commercials and the promos. Does this game take place outside a zeppelin?

All bad jokes aside I'm looking forward to it. Waiting for reviews.

No matter what happens with this game, there are always criticisms and 'concern' over it. I see why Neil druckman said that it is best to ignore Gaf as much as possible, all these unnecessary criticisms for any reason would otherwise be disheartening to the team at RAD.

OT - great trailer I'm sure it will get a lot of people interested in the game.

Smart. Basicly visuals sell the game to the masses. That's all they talk about. That's even what most of us on GAF constantly talk about.

RexNovis

Banned
I still cant get excited about this game. The gun play just seems very average and every take down resulting in 3 different camera angles is weird.

galahad-3rlcuq.gif

Yea gun play is totally average. FFS same shit different thread. Is it too much to ask for people to at least be original with their "concern?" I prefer being amused by creative bullshit to reading the same tired rehashed crap in every damn thread. At least make it interesting.

I hereby request a new rule. Anyone looking to post about a title they are not interested in a thread about said title must actually make a contribution to the discussion of said title. Otherwise posts like this will never end.

galahad-3rlcuq.gif

Yea gun play is totally average. FFS same shit different thread. Is it too much to ask for people to at least be original with their "concern?" I prefer being amused by creative bullshit to reading the same tired rehashed crap in every damn thread. At least make it interesting.
I think I have watched this gif for longer than any other gif in a long time. Its so good.

Alx

A quick montage of action sequences isn't the best way to promote the visuals. I would have expected a slower paced and longer shot, to set the mood and let the audience feel the XIXth century vibe. Something like their very first teaser/trailer.

RexNovis

Banned
A quick montage of action sequences isn't the best way to promote the visuals. I would have expected a slower paced and longer shot, to set the mood and let the audience feel the XIXth century vibe. Something like their very first teaser/trailer.

Commercial air time before during and after the superbowl is absurdly expensive. No doubt they were severely limited by the time constraint of how much air time they could afford. A montage is a good quick way to create an idea of what to expect from a game in a short time frame. Granted I think they could have chosen better material to highlight in the montage but all said I think what they selected will work as intended.

I think I have watched this gif for longer than any other gif in a long time. Its so good.

All hail the boomstick baby!

Had a feeling Sony was gonna air an ad for this around the Super Bowl (whether televised or online). Probably won't see it air as I won't be home until about a half hour before kickoff.

Top Bottom