• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 9 now up on WiiWare (67blocks)/PSN(Now)/XBLA(10/1). ProtoM DLC $2 next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Link648099 said:
Isn't wiiware a system designed for unique offerings that are Wii specific? That may give clues about exclusivity, although it would surprise me if they made this exclusive.

That's not a bad point given Nintendo's reported reluctance to "share" Goldeneye.

I'd still bet money on multiplatform though.

Endgegner

Looks a little to 8-Bit for me. It looks exactly like the nes games, down to the limited color palette. This probably could be released for the virtual console (technically I mean, it's obviously not going to happen in reality).

RBH

Cheesemeister said:
I just crapped my pants.
cheese.gif

Teknoman

ksamedi said:
Great news, I hope this is pointer controlled. If its multiplatform than I will buy the PS3 version but if its pointer controlled on Wiiware I will probably buy the Wiiware version (and maybe the PS3 version as well :p).

what the hell is a plug man btw :lol

Electric like Bright man:

496px-Mm4brightman.jpg

duckroll

The article is an interview with Inafune. He confirms the control scheme is like the old games. No waggle or motion stuff. You hold the wiimote horizontally, and you have jump and shoot. That's all.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
After the beauty of Mega Man 8, this retro 8-bit stuff doesn't really fill me with excitement. I was kind of hoping for some 16 bit goodness.

Oh well.

schuelma

duckroll said:
The article is an interview with Inafune. He confirms the control scheme is like the old games. No waggle or motion stuff. You hold the wiimote horizontally, and you have jump and shoot. That's all.

Sounds awesome

I'm really surprised its on Wii Ware- thought it would be XBL/PSN and Wii retail release.

angelfly

Oh Capcom I swore I wouldn't buy anything else until a storage solution was released but I WILL clean the fridge for this.

Dascu

ksamedi said:
Great news, I hope this is pointer controlled. If its multiplatform than I will buy the PS3 version but if its pointer controlled on Wiiware I will probably buy the Wiiware version (and maybe the PS3 version as well :p).

what the hell is a plug man btw :lol
Pointer controls wouldn't really work with 2D sprites. They'd have to make animation frames for every angle, and depending on what kind engine they're using, it might be impossible to properly render the sprites of both MegaMan and his projectiles at such angles.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Megaman 7 and 8 were both ok... but they never really felt right. Viva la NES!

lyre

duckroll said:
Down + A ftmfw!

After having to put up with the shitty version of MMAC last night, this is wonderous news.

Teknoman

thetrin said:
After the beauty of Mega Man 8, this retro 8-bit stuff doesn't really fill me with excitement. I was kind of hoping for some 16 bit goodness.

Oh well.

Same here. I mean im glad we get a new Megaman game but damn. Even the SNES made used the MM8 sprites for Megaman and Bass.

Either way the game will probably play like this (after this minigame, we probably should've seen this coming):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ceobfB1FH6k&feature=related

Also this is sorta a DQIX esque revelation. Going from MM8 with anime cutscenes back to NES style :lol

Also the music better be catchy...I spent most of that other MM9 topic posting Powered Up and 8 tracks hoping the soundtrack would be similar. Same with having voice actors from Powered Up.

Then again, maybe the sprites are just 8-bit and they'll have some higher quality music, sound, and special effects?

Perdew

duckroll said:

Ha. I just wish hit wasn't numbered 9, though it makes
business
sense. Can you still slide/charge, or is the Mega Man 2.5? That might actually be AMAZING!

schuelma

And Nintendo Power actually broke something!!! YAY

C4Lukins

This will be my first Wiiware title. I wish they at least upgraded the look of the game, but who I am to complain. Any true Mega Man sequel is good enough for me.

duckroll

Here's what Inafune has to say about why it's 8-bit after MM8 (the question was about whether the game included elements from previous MMs that they had to cut):

"This isn't really an answer to the question, but Mega Man fans give Mega Man 2 the most praise, and we wanted to surpass that. We weren't thinking about how 9 would look after 8, but how it woulf look following 1 or 2. We wanted to put out a fun game that gets back to basics."

Acosta

So, the only way to made a proper celebration of such a character was the cheapest way possible.

Ok... Is not what I wanted/expected at all.

Perdew

duckroll said:
Here's what Inafune has to say about why it's 8-bit after MM8 (the question was about whether the game included elements from previous MMs that they had to cut):

"This isn't really an answer to the question, but Mega Man fans give Mega Man 2 the most praise, and we wanted to surpass that. We weren't thinking about how 9 would look after 8, but how it woulf look following 1 or 2. We wanted to put out a fun game that gets back to basics."

Way to directly answer my question! Awesome!

Teknoman

duckroll said:

Well that makes sense I guess. At least Inafune is around to make sure its not bad. That and if he's trying to surpass Megaman 2, the music might be too catchy for human ears.

Maybe we'll get a cool intro like MM2 or 4 then?

lyre

duckroll said:

If he was to even THINK of removing slide and charge shots ...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
duckroll said:

surpass? :lol

I'll believe it when I see it.... but the fact that Inafune wants to even try to match Mega Man 2 makes this MEGATON.

I'm sorry, but I'll be leaving the office to hop on the train to happy land now. Especially after hearing that Inticreates is doing the deed.

And if there are any images, I'll owe you one for a PM. Not sure how I'd pay you back, mind you, but I'd really appreciate the chance to look at a screenshot or two.

DNF

is this one of two two unknown games from capcom ?
Does this mean there will be no WII-Retail game be announced at E3 ?

Aeana

Well... this is exciting and disappointing at the same time. It does look like the NES games, but it also seems to use some effects that the NES couldn't do. I never liked MM2 as much as everybody else, though (MM3 was always my favorite). I'm with lyre on the "no charge shot, no sale" thing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
lyre said:
If he was to even THINK of removing slide and charge shots ...

Consider them gone, man. :lol

Omegasquash said:
I'm sorry, but I'll be leaving the office to hop on the train to happy land now. Especially after hearing that Inticreates is doing the deed.

And if there are any images, I'll owe you one for a PM. Not sure how I'd pay you back, mind you, but I'd really appreciate the chance to look at a screenshot or two.
Poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom