• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

aparisi2274

I kind of want to get this, but I have a feeling that the physical version is going to be more robust and attractive for MM fans... so I may just wait for that to hit, or until we get some info on the physical editions...

I do own the GCN Anniversary Collection (the swapped A-B buttons don't bother me), but I'll take this for Steam screenshots and achievements.

I do own the GCN Anniversary Collection (the swapped A-B buttons don't bother me), but I'll take this for Steam screenshots and achievements.

It annoyed me so much that I was upset that when the official Mega Man X Collection controller came out later on and it didn't have some sort of physical A-B reversal switch on it. It would have been an instant buy for me if it did.

It annoyed me so much that I was upset that when the official Mega Man X Collection controller came out later on and it didn't have some sort of physical A-B reversal switch on it. It would have been an instant buy for me if it did.

You actually dodged a bullet if you got a Wii later that year, because my MMX controller caused the Wii to shut off, even if I was playing a Gamecube game.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

You can use Nintendont if you have a hacked Wii or WiiU and play GC games with the Pro Controller. It's pretty awesome and you can swap the buttons for the correct fix...

Played a little and I have to say the challenges are super fun, I don't want to play the games for the time being.

In the Euro version when you change from english to any European language, the font changes from 8-bit style to your typical word font, really weird.

Regarding the jukebox, is there anything special about the music fidelity? Does it have a shuffle feature, or a 'play all' feature?

also great OT, nice Batman reference, super excited for this game, etc

<------
Sonic deserves this treatment too

MattyG

Banned
part of me is clinging on to the possibility of a midnight PSN launch

although it's obvious it's not happening.

:(
It won't. It goes when Grace Chen says it goes.

Sony really needs to get their shit together on this front. If they're going to push digital, the store needs to update at midnight, not at some nebulous time in the afternoon. It's very frustrating.

It's out on the Xbox One store in Australia.
Mega Man 1 is hard guys. Really hard.

It's the hardest game in the series, so don't worry, it gets easier from there.

I think the Yellow Devil is the hardest fight in the game but even with that you can cheat with the pause trick.

I'd say it's the hardest in the series. It says something if you can beat it without the Pause trick.

Vbrasa

Dr. Mikhail Sergeyevich Cossack is an old colleague of Dr. Light, who proceeds to declare war on Megaman with his own set of Robot Masters after Dr. Wily's disappearance . However, the reasoning behind his attack remains unclear...

But...

Dr Cossack said:
"Good evening, Dr. Light. Allow me to introduce myself--I am Dr. Cossack. You
may not have heard of me
, but soon the world will know my name...

I smell a conspiracy.

v0rtikal

Capcom seems to be doing the right things lately.. Megaman Legacy Collection, Resident Evil HD, Resident Evil 0 HD early 2016, Resident Evil 2 Remake coming in the near future, kind of want to support it at full price. Will definitely think about it.

Blackage

Capcom seems to be doing the right things lately.. Megaman Legacy Collection, Resident Evil HD, Resident Evil 0 HD early 2016, Resident Evil 2 Remake coming in the near future, kind of want to support it at full price. Will definitely think about it.

Capcom is going back to things that used to work because they were good. I'll be more confident about them when they start putting out new things that are just as good as their old offerings.

I'm so happy right now.

Played through three MM1 stages (Bomb Man, Guts Man, and Cut Man) and Bubble Man's stage in MM2. This collection is the real deal. Everything feels perfect to me. It plays wonderfully and these games have never looked better. I'm never touching my Virtual Console versions again.

And there are 54 challenges! Hats off to Digital Eclipse, as they seem to have knocked it out of the park with this compilation. Hopefully they're working on more NES collections!

I'm playing on XB1, by the way. If you're a Mega Man fan, I'd say it's safe to buy this!

Edit - There are some minor audio issues that will bother some people. I'm not one of them, but if you think it'll affect your enjoyment, maybe wait to see if a patch gets announced.

Lame.

When does the store update tomorrow?

Grace Chen time aka:

50900-Ellen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

Anywhere from 11 am - 3 pm PST

Edit: Beaten :p

Grace Chen Time (GCT).

It's up to her when the store updates.

Top Bottom