• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

VertPin

Grace Chen time aka:

50900-Ellen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

Anywhere from 11 am - 3 pm PST

Edit: Beaten :p

Well, that sucks.

OMG

IT'S BEAUTIFUUUUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M LOVIN' THIS (^_______^)

Watching my 12 year old play MM4 and even he's impressed, lol

leroidys

Capcom is going back to things that used to work because they were good. I'll be more confident about them when they start putting out new things that are just as good as their old offerings.

They've been pretty solid with the quality of their output the last couple years. Not CAPGOD status, but definitely exceeding my expectations.

EDIT:

lmfao. Literally seconds after I post that I go to launch MMLC and it's just a black screen. god damnit.

I mean, it's a bit better. Major releases go live at midnight and the preload stuff works flawlessly, but it seems like the smaller titles get screwed often

Oh, well that's good. Sony has to up their game though. Every XB1 game I've downloaded is live at midnight (or before) and every first party Nintendo game is ready at midnight... everything else is always good to go right at noon EST on Thursdays.

NateDrake

Oh, well that's good. Sony has to up their game though. Every XB1 game I've downloaded is live at midnight (or before) and every first party Nintendo game is ready at midnight and everything else is always good to go right at noon EST on Thursdays.

It is sad when Nintendo handles the launches of digital software better than Sony :p

Okay first point of concern/observation:

I'm running my XB1 through a Sony receiver and getting audio clips/crackles (very slight, but there) when playing this. Almost as if the channels are clipping because the output is so strong or something.

Anyone else notice this?

Okay first point of concern/observation:

I'm running my XB1 through a Sony receiver and getting audio clips/crackles (very slight, but there) when playing this. Almost as if the channels are clipping because the output is so strong or something.

Anyone else notice this?

I sometimes get that with certain NES games (like the NES titles on Rare Replay and some Virtual Consle games on Wii) but everything sounds good on my end with this collection.

leroidys

Are you freaking kidding me?

What issues have you ran into?

In the dozen or so times I've tried to launch the game, it's just music and a black screen. It's worked literally ONCE, but the game had really bad stuttering. Not classic mega man slowdown, but like PC FPS frame stuttering.

Several people on the steam forum are having the black screen issue.

120v

man it's weird playing this in HD... no matter what setting i put it on

still cool though. no performance issues

Cmagus

The PC version is completely broken for me :/

fucking cacpocmp

Just curious in what way because I'm playing through Megaman 1 right now and there seems to be a lot of slowdown and not just the original kind of stuff but many of the screens have it. There has also been a few instances when powerups would fly around the screen and I've also noticed audio crackling.

Presentation wise it looks amazing. I'm gonna try another game and see if any of those issue show up there.

VertPin

In the dozen or so times I've tried to launch the game, it's just music and a black screen. It's worked literally ONCE, but the game had really bad stuttering. Not classic mega man slowdown, but like PC FPS frame stuttering.

Hopefully it is an easy fix. :/

KingBroly

Banned

Oh dear.

Any of these fixes work?

I was having issues and getting a black screen. All I did was go to the installation directory " Ex = D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Suzy\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010 " and run DXSETUP executable. Try to launch the game again after it's done and see if it works.

If you're running Windows 7, please try the following:

1) Ensure you have the latest DirectX redist installed. You can download it HERE[www.microsoft.com] and refresh/reinstall.
2) Check Windows Update and ensure you have the KB2952664 installed.

Now it works for me with admin and win8 compatible mode.
Check this file-> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Suzy\Proteus.exe

Cmagus

Tried Megaman 5 and that ran fine I'm trying the challenges now and in the remix every time something from Megaman 1 comes up it runs so slow.

MattyG

Banned
Why does Sony only update the store on tuesdays? Why can't the store be updated at any time?
I think they update it on odd days occasionally if there's a new release that day, but it's Tuesday because that's when a majority of releases are. It's not the day that's the problem, it's the time of day. Xbox and PC players get their games at midnight, but I've had to wait until the mid-afternoon before for some games to pop up.

Hopefully it updates today before I wake up, but I'm not expecting it to be up until around 2-3PM EST.

I'm playing the Xbox One version pretty good so far except the music pops and crackles a lot, which didn't happen in the Wii VC version.

Oh and the Xbox One Controller really is terrible, and I wish it had a decent D Pad.

Luigi87

Thanks, running it in windows 7 compatability mode did the trick, but the game is still really stuttery.

On the plus side, trying to play this POS on PC is giving me nostalgic flashblacks to playing the terrible Mega Man 3 PC

Wow that is awful... Airman wasn't in Mega Man 3!

I'm playing the Xbox One version pretty good so far except the music pops and crackles a lot, which didn't happen in the Wii VC version.

Oh and the Xbox One Controller really is terrible, and I wish it had a decent D Pad.

Another poster had the same issue. Weird. The sound is working flawlessly for me on XB1. I have that issue with certain other NES games though.

Edit - Yeah, the guy above.

Elec Man + Pause trick like when I was 7 = Dead Devil in 20 seconds.

XONE D-Pad is clicky legit. I love it. Beat Battletoads with it.

First time ever really using the XB1 dpad exclusively for any game and yeah, it's actually pretty damn good all things considered.

Once again confirmed the audio cracks, this time with actual headphones :(

Easiest way to catch it is go to the music playtest section and say, run the "Weapon Get" music from MegaMan 2

Hopefully someone from Digital Eclipse or Frank Cifaldi is peaking in this thread...

Tizoc

Why does Sony only update the store on tuesdays? Why can't the store be updated at any time?

It's been this way for years. Even though months ago Sony allowed for devs and pubs to release their games at any time they want on PSN.

Gonna wait a few hours and see if GMG, or any other site offers the game for a little cheaper.

Once again confirmed the audio cracks, this time with actual headphones :(

Easiest way to catch it is go to the music playtest section and say, run the "Weapon Get" music from MegaMan 2

Hopefully someone from Digital Eclipse or Frank Cifaldi is peaking in this thread...

Ahhh, I hear it now. It's really prominent on that track. I've dealt with far worse audio issues with NES games on my sound setup, which I thought you were referring to earlier, like audio cutting out completely. I can see how these sound issues would be annoying and now I can hear it in a few other tracks, but it's not a big deal to me.

They definitely should patch it though.

desmax

Guys, why is the folder called "Suzy"? The .exe is "Proteus.exe"

What does it mean?

More interesting is that the window name of the game is "Capcom Legacy: Megaman Collection"

I guess their next collections are going to be under that brand

Nyoro SF

More interesting is that the window name of the game is "Capcom Legacy: Megaman Collection"

I guess their next collections are going to be under that brand

Good catch. Looks like they were serious about bringing back / restoring some older titles to modern systems.

poodaddy

Getting this purely for the save states feature.....
yes I'm a scrub
. Now if Capcom does this for the Megaman X series as well then they are pretty much my number one publishers again. Come on Capcom.....don't you want my money?

It's out on the UK PSN store. Going to hold off though, there might be a PS+ discount, plus I want to see how the port is, any problems etc.

BONKERS

Ahhh, I hear it now. It's really prominent on that track. I've dealt with far worse audio issues with NES games on my sound setup, which I thought you were referring to earlier, like audio cutting out completely. I can see how these sound issues would be annoying and now I can hear it in a few other tracks, but it's not a big deal to me.

They definitely should patch it though.

Hopefully this doesn't happen with other versions. This is an unacceptable behavior IMO.
Audio needs to be perfect.

Hopefully this doesn't happen with other versions. This is an unacceptable behavior IMO.
Audio needs to be perfect.

I agree, it does. It's not a big deal to me, but yeah, it's likely going to be an issue for some. I didn't even notice before playing the game for around 45 minutes.

Top Bottom