• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising is coming to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

Oh my God, a Platinum game on PC? I must be dreaming (I guess this is probably Konami's doing but whatever), double dipping so hard!

Fortunately I hadn't picked up the console release.

I remember when this game was originally announced, one of the platforms was for PC, lol

Nice. I don't like the MGS series at all, but I'm willing to play this one since it looks fun and I want more japanese action games on PC.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, my bad. Everyone and their mother must have followed the story of MGS via youtube and wikipedia and whatnot.
Or maybe they played them, I don't know...

Why would you assume that? 3 of the games (counting the port of the non-canon NES version) were released on PC (MGS2 is an atrocious port, but the game itself is absolutely fantastic).

EMT0

Banned
Hopefully this game goes the Dark Souls path; sells really well, publisher does a complete 180 on PC games.

Prometheus Zero

Neo Member
Can't wait! I'm getting less and less interested in the new console generation and more and more content with my PC options. I'm sure this will turn around, 1st party magic and all, but man its good to be a PC gamer these days.

Orayn

Lets hope it is a better port though. It's unlikely it will be a good one but who knows.

Kamiya has played Bayonetta in 3D on PC, which effectively requires 120fps and could very well have been done at a resolution exceeding 720p. I'd assume their engine is plenty optimized, but publicly released PC ports just haven't been in the picture for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Joke post?

Is it?

ihkaWzCaKIhN3.gif

YES, yesyesyesyes.

Now if they do the future platinum games as well and capcom decides to bring deep down to PC then I can play every game I want to on PC.

No need to piss away 400+ euros on a console next gen, please make it so.

Laughing at the guy going 'pc gamers don't know what mgs is' haha

MGS 1 and 2 were on PC and most pc gamers don't completely ignore consoles, never met one who didn't own a psx

antitrop

I KNEW IT!!!

So glad I waited. Completely and utterly sold. Here's hoping for a competent port
LOL
At least we know for a fact they won't be locking the frame rate at 30 or any crazy shit like that. I mean... I suppose they could, but it would be entirely unheard of and completely illogical.

HoosTrax

Laughing at the guy going 'pc gamers don't know what mgs is' haha

MGS 1 and 2 were on PC and most pc gamers don't completely ignore consoles, never met one who didn't own a psx
Yeah, the first MGS I ever played was on PC actually. It was either MGS1 or VR Missions.

I gave up on consoles after PS2, so I've only played them up to Snake Eater and I'd rather have seen MGS4, but I'll take what I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom