• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I can't slice this boulder. While the first one is easy, this one is impossible for me.

557KRw2.jpg

Thorgal

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I can't slice this boulder. While the first one is easy, this one is impossible for me.

IIRC You only need to hit two or three of those boxes at once for it to work but i will admit that that bit can be frustrating .

If it really is not working , you can actually Ninja run out of the way to dodge the boulder entirely , but this comes with the disadvantage that you won't get any health items from slicing that boulder .

IIRC You only need to hit two or three of those boxes at once for it to work but i will admit that that bit can be frustrating .

If it really is not working , you can actually Ninja run out of the way to dodge the boulder entirely , but this comes with the disadvantage that you won't get any health items from slicing that boulder .

I found it easier to align with the thumbstick then press the trigger button to slice. More precise than letting go of the stick.

This is one of those gaming moments where I wish I had a Wii Controller.

EDIT - Is there a VR mission that goes in depth with free blade mode slicing?

Beat the game. Man that was a fun ride. It was my first Platinum Games game and I must say that I am impressed. How does this rank in terms of quality within their other releases?

Wray

Right up there with Bayonetta.

Oh btw, is there anyway to get downsampling to work or to play at 144fps with this game yet? I remember when it came out last year it had some sort of weird internal cap that prevented it.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

You have to tilt the camera view (left stick) slightly upward to properly line up the cut.

First off you will see a light blusish line, the blade cuts along that line. You need to allign that line to the red dots.

To tilt the line and change the angle use left analog stick and to offset the line use right analog stick.

^^

Bought the game from Steam despite having played through it seven times on 360.

When I run it on my PC it runs at ~24FPS. However when I use steam in-home streaming it runs at 60FPS.

Obviously it can easily handle it (GTX 670, i5). I also turned shadowplay off but that didn't change a thing.

Anyone had this problem?

jett

D-Member
Goddamnit I thought this was supposed to be a good port? I just got it on Steam cuz it was cheap and the HUD flickers like crazy in fullscreen mode. Does anyone know how to fix this?

edit: a game restart fixed it for some reason, but who knows if it won't happen again. I'm also getting random stuttering during fights on a 4760K/280X...eh. But the weirdest thing is that controller vibration strength seems to be at maximum for every action, makes the game unbearable with vibration.

Peterthumpa

Bought the game from Steam despite having played through it seven times on 360.

When I run it on my PC it runs at ~24FPS. However when I use steam in-home streaming it runs at 60FPS.

Obviously it can easily handle it (GTX 670, i5). I also turned shadowplay off but that didn't change a thing.

Anyone had this problem?
Seems like a refresh rate problem. Try to lower the resolution to see if the behavior changes. Also, try to force a custom resolution to see if it makes a difference.

Thorgal

Goddamnit I thought this was supposed to be a good port? I just got it on Steam cuz it was cheap and the HUD flickers like crazy in fullscreen mode. Does anyone know how to fix this?

edit: a game restart fixed it for some reason, but who knows if it won't happen again. I'm also getting random stuttering during fights on a 4760K/280X...eh. But the weirdest thing is that controller vibration strength seems to be at maximum for every action, makes the game unbearable with vibration.

I would say it is a " good pc port " coming from a Japanese Developer for whom this game was their very first foray on PC.

*It runs at a constant 60 fps even on a toaster unless you are slicing things up into a 1000+ pieces .
* it came with resolution and quality settings even if they are a bit bare bones .

The only complaints i could make against it is due to their strange implementation to resolution changes it doesn't allow Downsampling ( a user in this thread Made a fix for that )
And that they did not spruce up the Low quality textures .

Compared to what SE delivered with FFXIII this is a very good port .

jett

D-Member
I would say it is a " good pc port " coming from a Japanese Developer for whom this game was their very first foray on PC.

*It runs at a constant 60 fps even on a toaster unless you are slicing things up into a 1000+ pieces .
* it came with resolution and quality settings even if they are a bit bare bones .

The only complaints i could make against it is due to their strange implementation to resolution changes it doesn't allow Downsampling ( a user in this thread Made a fix for that )
And that they did not spruce up the Low quality textures .

Compared to what SE delivered with FFXIII this is a very good port .

I guess it's a serviceable port. The stutters are really annoying me though, I didn't suffer that on the PS3. I think PC gaming has been more painful than anything else this year for me, despite getting a shiny new one. Often I'm left wondering if I shouldn't have wasted my money and just gone PS4. :p

I guess it's a serviceable port. The stutters are really annoying me though, I didn't suffer that on the PS3. I think PC gaming has been more painful than anything else this year for me, despite getting a shiny new one. Often I'm left wondering if I shouldn't have wasted my money and just gone PS4. :p

yeah the PS4 version of MGR is pretty sweet

Thrakier

Use external vsync und framerate limiters. I'm using afterburner in combination with Ross from msi afterburner.

Use external vsync und framerate limiters. I'm using afterburner in combination with Ross from msi afterburner.
This. I never use in game vsync. Usually stutters like garbage. I had zero issues with this game and thought it was a phenomenal first PC port from a Japanese dev.

Thrakier

This. I never use in game vsync. Usually stutters like garbage. I had zero issues with this game and thought it was a phenomenal first PC port from a Japanese dev.

Well, it depends on the game, but in many cases you are better off with external solutions. The rtss framerate limiter is especially good. PC gaming without it would basically be 75% worse. Fixed so many stutters games. Insane when you think about it.

ShadowOwl

So, just picked up the game at GamesPlanet (legit Metaboli site) for 6.99€.

Can I just jump into the game without ruining the rest of the series for me? I have just played the first MGS so far (and loved it), going to play MGS2 and 3 at some point.

Jintor

So, just picked up the game at GamesPlanet (legit Metaboli site) for 6.99€.

Can I just jump into the game without ruining the rest of the series for me? I have just played the first MGS so far (and loved it), going to play MGS2 and 3 at some point.

pretty heavy spoilers for 'state of the world' stuff but nothing character specific aside from Raiden (who is introduced in MGS2)

Jintor

i played mgr as my first metal gear ever and didn't think it significantly spoiled the core games, but I had picked up almost everything major by osmosis at that point without playing them so I dunno

I've been having strange framerate issues, it's almost always in the high 30 low 40 range, even in an empty room staring at a wall, which is absurd, I have a i5 4690K and a GTX970.
Anyone know what's causing it and how to fix it?
I know that there are some issues with exclusive fullscreen and HDMI output, I'm already using this fix to address that.

Top Bottom