• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Details - US Version

schlew

Sorry to ask this since the OP clearly illustrates he's not in the know, but has anyone in Canada been able to preorder the LE from an EBgames? I guess anywhere really. If so, do you have the SKU #, my EB's tell me they can't find it (which could be correct). Thanks.

-Rogue5-

schlew said:
Sorry to ask this since the OP clearly illustrates he's not in the know, but has anyone in Canada been able to preorder the LE from an EBgames? I guess anywhere really. If so, do you have the SKU #, my EB's tell me they can't find it (which could be correct). Thanks.

As of 8pm EST in Toronto it's still a no go.

Damn, I was really planning on getting the MGS4 PS3 bundle, but if the extras from the Limited Edition are not included in that then I will have to get both >_<.

Also, does anyone know if the bundle will be pre-orderable any time soon in order to get the Saga Vol. 2 DVD?

schlew

Adamrogo said:
I will let you guys know when the LE is in the system, and when the preorder bonuses arrive.

Awesome, thanks.

In the mean time, I'll preorder the standard edition, and just flip it over to the LE when possible.

Darkpen

Banned
Guys, guys, you have to check out the Liepzeig GC07 trailer on the DVD, it's totally remastered or something, with a dozen new camera angles. They sort of censored the part where the dudes get lopped in half, as well as where that one guy gets squeezed to death. Kinda weird

CANADIANS REJOICE!!

JUST PREORDERED LIMITED EDITION AT EB GAMES :D They will call me once the beta disc is available :D

SKU# 6128862 :D :D

GO GO GO GO GO GO NOW!

MGSLE.jpg

kurahadol

Heh, just after I got my friend in the US to preorder me a copy. Oh well, I'm going to stick with the US Preorder, won't have to worry about ugly bilingual packaging.

SOLIDE DE VITESSE EN METAL QUATRE

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
kurahadol said:
Heh, just after I got my friend in the US to preorder me a copy. Oh well, I'm going to stick with the US Preorder, won't have to worry about ugly bilingual packaging.

I am in a helping mood. If anyone from CANADA wants a pre-order, I can put it in. You will have to pay for everything but I can help someone out. Either way people need to get on this fast before it's too late to pre-order.

kurahadol said:

Would they have Bilingual Packaging for Limited Edition? I mean regular edition makes sense but Limited? Bilingual?

If so, then I'll stick with my US AND Canadian Preorder. Sell the Bilingual one :)

LiK

shagg_187 said:
Would they have Bilingual Packaging for Limited Edition? I mean regular edition makes sense but Limited? Bilingual?

If so, then I'll stick with my US AND Canadian Preorder. Sell the Bilingual one :)

i assume the canadian packaging will be bilingual, aren't they all?

kurahadol

Because all (there are a few exceptions...very few) packaging needs to be bilingual. Have you seen how lovely the Bioshock Limited Edition packaging looks?

LiK

kurahadol said:
Because all (there are a few exceptions...very few) packaging needs to be bilingual. Have you seen how lovely the Bioshock Limited Edition packaging looks?

yes, and i love my Big Daddy figure :D

kurahadol

The only thing I'm worried about is the MGO beta code from the US not working in Canada...If that's the case, then I may end up killing a few people, just a few though.

LiK

kurahadol said:
The only thing I'm worried about is the MGO beta code from the US not working in Canada...If that's the case, then I may end up killing a few people, just a few though.

i'm glad i dont care about the beta. seems like most guys are worried about getting the SAGA disc early so they can play it. the beta opens during or near the GTAIV release so that's gonna be some major competition for PS3 owners, hehe

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Oh crap. Do I cancel my preorder with Gamestop now or do I eat the price difference and get the version that's not ruined by bilingual packaging and with internal artwork intact...

LiK

Marconelly said:
Oh crap. Do I cancel my preorder with Gamestop now or do I eat the price difference and get the version that's not ruined by bilingual packaging and with internal artwork intact...

only you, can answer that question sir!

SreyB

I got my Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 disc -- The packaging is super cool. If any one wants one they have plenty at the GameCrazy in Bountiful, Utah.

Zyzyxxz said:
are we positive that the MGS4 PS3 edition wont come with the LE version?

no its all just speculation so i preordered the LE to be safe. if it turns out that the bundle comes with the LE than all i have to do is switch over the preorder.

kuYuri

shagg_187 said:
CANADIANS REJOICE!!

JUST PREORDERED LIMITED EDITION AT EB GAMES :D They will call me once the beta disc is available :D

SKU# 6128862 :D :D

GO GO GO GO GO GO NOW!

MGSLE.jpg

Looks like Payton was correct in saying North America.

Adamrogo said:
I will let you guys know when the LE is in the system, and when the preorder bonuses arrive.

I just got my pre-order on metal gear solid 4 LE... in canada(Ebgames).

No preorder bonuses yet though.

Adamrogo

Banned
6128862 is the Canadian SKU number, you are correct.

It is $5 minimum, it has never been $10 for pre-orders.

The price for the LE is only $79.99. Canadian.

The pre-order bonus DVD did not arrive in the store today, it now has a 03/31/08 date. I will again let you guys know on Monday if they come in.

Booyah Canada.

28i278m.jpg

No bonus disc yet, and they don't know when they'll get them in. I'm the first to pre-order though, so I have my safety net.

Firestorm

Suuureee they will. I've never got my pre-order gift from EB Games Canada :( Not for Phoenix Wright 2, not for Tales of the Abyss, not ever!

;_;

kurahadol

The only preorder thing that has come through for me with EB Games Canada was the Xenosaga III Artbook. Oh and the Ghaleon punching puppet :D

I contacted Gamestop concerning Saga Discs for people who pre-ordered online:
The reply:

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We are currently working with the manufacturer, Konami, to provide us
with more information regarding this DVD with the MGS Online beta. We
hope to have these starting next week to ship out and fulfill online
orders, but do not have an estimated stock allocation or shipping date
at this time. Once we receive more information, it will be posted on the
product description for the item.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
Customer Service Agent

I pre-ordered at two different EBs. One took $5 and the other one insisted on taking $10. I didn't bother to argue. I also asked the female clerk who insisted on me paying $10 when the Saga disc would come in and she said there would be none - my mind responded automatically with a big "fuck off".

To Canadians, please post here when you get your Saga disc.

Adamrogo said:
6128862 is the Canadian SKU number, you are correct.

It is $5 minimum, it has never been $10 for pre-orders.

The price for the LE is only $79.99. Canadian.

The pre-order bonus DVD did not arrive in the store today, it now has a 03/31/08 date. I will again let you guys know on Monday if they come in.

YYZ

Good news for Canada. I'll pre-order mine on Monday.

Any Canadians please post ASAP if you get the Saga disc, I don't want to go on eBay for that shit and pay double (double of $0.00, lol)

VegaShinra

shagg_187 said:
I contacted Gamestop concerning Saga Discs for people who pre-ordered online:
The reply:
So there's hope for us online only people. It's cool they thought about that at least.

I love me some MGS, but I'm thinking twice about a limited edition. I've been burned by limited edition games before, since most of the videos end up on the net anyway.

I'll think about it, though. Like I said, I love MGS.

http://www.gamestop.com/

GameStop.com is on Spring Break. Let's hope it doesn't turn up on "Sites Gone Wild."

Actually, we're getting ready to flip the switch that turns on our new, improved website. The problem is, it's a really big switch, and it's going to take us a day or two to get it flipped. In the meantime, you can check out some of these links:

GameStop.com/EBgames.com Patch Notes
Learn about the new features you'll see on our new web sites, including the ability to use gift cards online, build a wish list or start your own discussion forum, to name a few.

Store Locator
You can still shop at GameStop, just not in your underwear.

Weekly Ad
Still need a reason to head to your local GameStop? These specials should provide some motivation.

PS3 & Wii Sweepstakes
Enter for your chance to win a Sony PlayStation 3 80GB and a Nintendo Wii.

If you still need some links to visit, try some of these:

Bake some great chocolate chip cookies:
http://www.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Award-Winning-Soft-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/Detail.aspx

Learn how to make a desktop Viking catapult:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Desktop-Viking-Catapult-with-a-bonu/

The Trogdor comes in the niiiiiight!!
http://www.homestarrunner.com/

You know, you don't have to stay on the internet. Go for a walk. Play Frisbee golf. Skip rocks. Call your mom. Whatever you do, please come back to visit us soon!

damn i wanted to get a pre-order online also.

YYZ

Jack Scofield said:
I love me some MGS, but I'm thinking twice about a limited edition. I've been burned by limited edition games before, since most of the videos end up on the net anyway.

I'll think about it, though. Like I said, I love MGS.
I'd get it just for the steelcase, it's pretty sweet. The DMC4 extras are pretty shit, but it stands out. Actually I haven't watched the extra DVD so I'm not sure. The worst CE I have is NG Sigma since it cost a lot and the bonus DVD is a fucking joke (watching the producer sing karaoke)

Top Bottom