• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Details - US Version

Blablurn

Shit becomes more and more real!

I can't believe that MGS4 is finally coming!
I just ordered the japanese limited edition today.

OMG!

Jack Scofield said:
I love me some MGS, but I'm thinking twice about a limited edition. I've been burned by limited edition games before, since most of the videos end up on the net anyway.

I'll think about it, though. Like I said, I love MGS.

If you love MGS then support it and go for the LE.
Of course the videos end up on the net, but for that matter so do most games.
Limited Editions are fan service, and going by the podcasts they are really trying to make this special.

I'm not really one for LE versions of games (especially if they change the standard case for something more fancy), so I usually don't get them, but I'm making an exception for MGS4. I just hope they don't put it in a stupid case that the discs can easily dislodge and get scratched in during shipping like the Halo debacle. I'm actually really worried about that.

jvalioli

ThirstyFly said:
I'm not really one for LE versions of games (especially if they change the standard case for something more fancy), so I usually don't get them, but I'm making an exception for MGS4. I just hope they don't put it in a stupid case that the discs can easily dislodge and get scratched in during shipping like the Halo debacle. I'm actually really worried about that.
I think the actual game case is exactly the same as the normal edition.

Guled

Adamrogo said:
6128862 is the Canadian SKU number, you are correct.

It is $5 minimum, it has never been $10 for pre-orders.

The price for the LE is only $79.99. Canadian.

The pre-order bonus DVD did not arrive in the store today, it now has a 03/31/08 date. I will again let you guys know on Monday if they come in.
why is it 5 dollars cheaper? are we gettlng everything the states are including the artbook?

jvalioli said:
I think the actual game case is exactly the same as the normal edition.

That would make me VERY happy. So you're expecting everything to be inside a case, and the game itself is a standard PS3 case? Man, I hope so.

Adamrogo

Banned
Guled said:
why is it 5 dollars cheaper? are we gettlng everything the states are including the artbook?

I don't know why it's less, and I don't know what's included.

When I find out I will post the details.

jvalioli

ThirstyFly said:
That would make me VERY happy. So you're expecting everything to be inside a case, and the game itself is a standard PS3 case? Man, I hope so.
It looks like it is going to be the same exact thing the Japanese are getting, which is a the MGS4 blu-ray case and a steelbook inside a small DVD-set-like box.

jvalioli said:
It looks like it is going to be the same exact thing the Japanese are getting, which is a the MGS4 blu-ray case and a steelbook inside a small DVD-set-like box.

Oh nice. I missed the pics but I read back in the thread after you said that. That looks fuckin' nice. I'm really glad I got the LE now :)

Blablurn

U K Narayan said:
I hate to be derisive, but -- has anything been stated as to what the console bundle will include? Will it have the limited edition?

i don't think so. limited editions are always stand alone products.

jvalioli

OokieSpookie said:
Does anyone know if you can use the Play Asia 20% off gimmick to preorder the bundle?
It doesn't include consoles to my knowledge and they bothered with blocking new releases, so they probably blocked pre-orders also.

-Rogue5-

Anyone know if EB is suppose to phone us when they get the pre-order bonus? I asked 4 separate times at the EB in Yorkdale Mall here in Toronto and the douche just didn't understand that I was asking about the pre-order disc and NOT the game itself (they kept saying, "we'll phone you a day before it's scheduled for release to remind you", but that doesn't make sense since the Saga disc doesn't have a set release date.)

I hate having to deal with them, but I'm kind of forced to in this situation.

Adamrogo

Banned
-Rogue5- said:
Anyone know if EB is suppose to phone us when they get the pre-order bonus? I asked 4 separate times at the EB in Yorkdale Mall here in Toronto and the douche just didn't understand that I was asking about the pre-order disc and NOT the game itself (they kept saying, "we'll phone you a day before it's scheduled for release to remind you", but that doesn't make sense since the Saga disc doesn't have a set release date.)

I hate having to deal with them, but I'm kind of forced to in this situation.

No, we don't call for pre-order bonuses.

OokieSpookie said:
Does anyone know if you can use the Play Asia 20% off gimmick to preorder the bundle?
If you are talking the Easter sale that ends 3/31, that sale is for all "in stock" items only. So no I don't think that will work.

Preordered like 5 copies today... must not miss MGS4: LE. :D
Also, saw a Sony rep at one of the EBs today... talked about how GTAIV for the 360 will be on 4 separate discs because of the limited capacity, etc. :lol

Adamrogo

Banned
DancingCactus77 said:
In Canada, if you pick up the pre-order bonus - in this case the Saga disc - you cannot cancel the pre-order and get the deposit back right, right?

Theoretically, yes you can. But please don't, it's really not fair to other people who won't get one but did pre-order.

Usually, pre-order bonuses are handed out at the time of purchase.

-Rogue5- said:
What the hell... So I have to keep checking back with them (on a daily basis) to ensure I get Saga Vol.1 & MGO beta? That's haggard.

I just preordered my copy of the limited edition at EB. Before I could say anything the women working there told me they would be calling me when they get the preorder discs in. So some stores do call.

traveler said:
So I take it I should reserve both the bundle and the special edition? :lol
This is probably what I'm going to do.

If the bundle ends up having the LE, I'll just sell my original LE, four years down the line.

armubaba

I know this has probably been asked before, but does the Metal Gear PS3 come with the Limited Edition? Or is it just the standard one...

Once again, apologies if this has been asked before. I searched and came up with nothing.

YYZ

Is the Canadian LE coming with the artbook? Is it a pre-order thing or part of the LE package?

Kagari said:
They probably didn't. Also, no shipments on weekends.

ugh. but it's UPS. they usually have stuff in transit. oh well. i'll call to see if they know if it'll be around next week. may as well use my phone while it still works :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DMPrince said:
ugh. but it's UPS. they usually have stuff in transit. oh well. i'll call to see if they know if it'll be around next week. may as well use my phone while it still works :lol

GameStop is too cheap to pay for weekend shipping.

Adamrogo said:
Theoretically, yes you can. But please don't, it's really not fair to other people who won't get one but did pre-order.

Usually, pre-order bonuses are handed out at the time of purchase.

I mostly like won't ask for a refund of my deposit after I get the Saga disc. I might be a little tempted to since I pre-ordered at two EBs and one asked for $5 and the other $10. I guess I could use 2 copies.

OokieSpookie said:
LOL someone is already hitting ebay with their pre-order disk.

In the Q & A of the auction:

Q: is it still factory sealed? Mar-28-08
A: I had to open it to know exactly what was inside of it for the description on ebay. So no it is not sealed.

Maybe the seller opened it to copy down the beta code:lol

I put $45 towards the Limited Edition at Gamestop tonight. My receipt doesn't say LE on it, even though the clerk asked me two different times if I wanted the LE (even after me saying right off the bat that I wanted to preorder the LE).
Just to make sure I'm going to call them tomorrow and confirm my preorder is for the LE!

Costanza

Banned
blindrocket said:
I put $45 towards the Limited Edition at Gamestop tonight. My receipt doesn't say LE on it, even though the clerk asked me two different times if I wanted the LE (even after me saying right off the bat that I wanted to preorder the LE).
Just to make sure I'm going to call them tomorrow and confirm my preorder is for the LE!
if it says 270209 (pretty sure this is the right SKU), it's the LE

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sallokin said:
As of right now there's 1795 more hours to go until the game releases. That's not so bad right?
Nah, between the games that are coming out and MGS, we will be fine. GTA in about a month ought to tide us over.

It is done.

Took my PS2 to Gamestop, got $40 in-store credit and preordered MGS4:LE with it.

It's on.

And since we all love disgustingly retarded things Gamestop employees say, I have a good bit here:

Me: "I'd like to preorder the Game of the Year Limited Edition."
Employee 1: "Call of Duty 4?"
Employee 2: "Bioshock?"
MANAGER: "It's not any good, people who have played the beta had a lot of problems with it."
Me: "Uh, the Metal Gear Online beta? That's not available until next month..."
Manager: "No, the Metal Gear Solid 4 beta."

I am stunned. So, to follow up the stupidity, I retort with an asshole comment:

Me: "Well, I heard the beta for the 360 version was pretty bad, but since I'm getting the PS3 version I should be good."

That was about it. And I'm glad for that, really.

Blablurn

brandonh83 said:
It is done.

Took my PS2 to Gamestop, got $40 in-store credit and preordered MGS4:LE with it.

It's on.

And since we all love disgustingly retarded things Gamestop employees say, I have a good bit here:

MANAGER: "It's not any good, people who have played the beta had a lot of problems with it."

Me: "Well, I heard the beta for the 360 version was pretty bad, but since I'm getting the PS3 version I should be good."

lol, i love these qualified clerks.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
brandonh83 said:
It is done.

It's on.

Should have said "game of the forever" to see what their reaction would be, lol

Tideas

Banned
brandonh83 said:
It is done.

It's on.

from just anecdotal alone, are like, almost all gamestop clerks xbots or something? geez. You think they'll at least hide their bias while they're at the work or something

Top Bottom