• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah, I said it was just an interesting theory. Would have been a cool game to see if that had been the case.

But the voice of the burned-head dude definitely sounds 100% like BB's own voice though. Could be wrong but to me it sounds like him. BB clone? His unit is XOF, some sort of fake FOX unit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I thought the bad guy was The Pain.

I would agree.

The_Pain_unmasked.png

SarBear

even the shading/texturing of the teeth are perfect, it looks completely natural. the eyeball(lol) looks like it's actually focused on something and it appears very life like. holy balls!

The teeth are not perfect. They look like veneers placed directly on the tooth without filing. Ye old Hilary Duff effect.

So because it's meant to also be a demonstration of the Fox engine's capabilities, it's not a trailer? You know this is going to be an actual game, right? Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes? It's not like the FFVII PS3 Tech Demo.

Many of the greatest MGS trailers feature a good amount of gameplay.

It was a live demo. Kojima was actually playing it. I wouldn't consider this a proper trailer.

Izick

Its like Kojima is fan of all the games that dont exist anymore.

Splinter Cell and Mercenaries live in our hearts and minds!

Splinter Cell stealth and Mercenaries or Just Cause open world gameplay, plus Kojima's usual flair for story and cinematic experiences, running on an engine that looks like this, or similar to this?

m1C1E.gif

Green Yoshi

They certainly will.

I just hope so that people dont buy thats it was footage based on PC spec similar to PS3, its just impossible. Most of the stuff there is really high quality, not cut in half or to quarter res like in current gen console, also physics are too much for current consoles.

At the end of the video no PC logo is shown. Would be disappointig if the final game looks far worse than this first video.

Izick

For anyone familiar with the Japanese VO's:

Did they use the same Jp voice for Naked Snake in MGS 3 as Solid Snake? I'm curious because we can probably figure out if DH will be voicing this Snake or the actor from MGS 4 that way.

I would agree.

The_Pain_unmasked.png

Didn't the Cobra unit members explode when you beat them though?

Anyway, I'm hyped for this. Can't believe it's been four years already since I played a new MGS, guess I should give PW a shot.

Open world MGS, it's like a dream come true. If Ground Zeroes also has something like MGO I'll die a happy man.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Didn't the Cobra unit members explode when you beat them though?

Anyway, I'm hyped for this. Can't believe it's been four years already since I played a new MGS, guess I should give PW a shot.

Open world MGS, it's like a dream come true. If Ground Zeroes alsi has something like MGO I'll die a happy man.

Dying in the MGS universe doesn't mean you died.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
For anyone familiar with the Japanese VO's:

Did they use the same Jp voice for Naked Snake in MGS 3 as Solid Snake? I'm curious because we can probably figure out if DH will be voicing this Snake or the actor from MGS 4 that way.

Yes, they used Akio Ohtsuka for both Solid Snake and Naked Snake. The only exception is Big Boss in MGS4 where they used Akio's dad (which is also a voice actor) and Richard Doyle for the english version.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm no graphics whore but I think I would rather play that game on next gen consoles or PC. Give me something to get hyped about for next gen.

FACE

Banned
Very, very impressive engine.

- real time reflections
- deferred shading
- particles can be lit
- global cloth physics, wind simulation, wind affected particles
- amazing looking wet shaders
- high resolution textures
- procedural animations
- high quality ssao

Probably because it was running on a PC.

I am so glad I just played Peace Walker, its pretty strange how this seems to be carrying on straight from that game. Should be interesting, although I feel for all the people who avoided it as its a PSP title. I hate Chico, so upset hes back :(, its going to be interesting how they handle Paz and Miller.

I am actually really curious what was going on behind the scenes for that trailer story wise. Guys infiltrated a Fox prison camp to give Chico his tape recorder back before bailing out? Seems like a huge set up?

I just really want MGS4 on Xbox dammit so I can play the full series :(

I just don't want it to have those stupid collect people missions like peace walker.

If it doesn't, then ALL OF MY MONEY

I'm more curious about if it has co-ops again. I liked the fulton but I'm not sure they'd rely on it so much in another game.

I thought it would be fun if they solved the indoor fulton problem by letting you drag a tow line in from outside, then hook it to a person and drag them out down the corridors at full speed.

meta4

That looks beautiful! Even from the brief gameplay footage shown you can feel this is at its core a stealth game. Not shooting 5 guys at one swoop kind of a game. Fk u SC. Bring this ASAP Kojima!

samdavis

Neo Member
So...Peace Walker, that game that I don't really wanna play on a PSP or w/ shoddy-looking upscaled "HD" graphics on my 360...the one that apparently was kind of boring and had really bad boss battles...

...I'm gonna have to play that one aren't I?

Because I really don't want to and still can't understand why a game that's supposed to be canon was made for anything other than a real console.

This is a sequel to Peace Walker, the exact time frame is unknown but presumably it's, at most, less than five years after it. Big Boss is the playable character that has been shown.

Interesting. Doens't that take place in the 70s though? Some of the tech used by Snake seemed pretty advanced, but then again it is MGS. Guess I may have to try out the HD version of Peace Walker.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
So...Peace Walker, that game that I don't really wanna play on a PSP or w/ shoddy-looking upscaled "HD" graphics on my 360...the one that apparently was kind of boring and had really bad boss battles...

Because I really don't want to and still can't understand why a game that's supposed to be canon was made for anything other than a real console.

The PSP was a real console, it did physically occupy a space in reality after all.

Peace Walker is amazing. It's a different beast, but just as good as the "real" MGS games. Don't ghettoize portable games. If there's one thing you can say about it, is that it has much much more gameplay than any "real" MGS game has had.

Branson

Oh come the fuck on. Its fine.

I feel the same way. I started it up yesterday and I just don't like it at all, the tiny little areas and the enemies who lie down and never get up when you hold them up and the inability to crawl. It just doesn't feel Metal Gear Solid-ish at all. I just fired rockets at an APC for like ten minutes. I hope it gets better.

samdavis

Neo Member
Peace Walker is amazing. It's a different beast, but just as good as the "real" MGS games. Don't ghettoize portable games. If there's one thing you can say about it, is that it has much much more gameplay than any "real" MGS game has had.

I knew I'd take a couple on the jaw for that, but I figured I should give my real reason for not wanting to play it. Still don't understand how a TRUE MGS sequel is released first (and for awhile) on a handheld.

If it's canon though, I guess I'm gonna have to check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom