• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peace Walker is a weird hybrid of Metal Gear, Monster Hunter, and X-Com. You have to suspend your disbelief a little bit more given the game being designed around a portable but it's got a ton of gameplay; got over 75 hours on my save.

Every mission can be done in coop so play it that way if you can.

strafer

Even Snake is impressed.

iQ3Bqs0g13zhy.JPG

Game Informer's Andrew Reiner said:
Konami just told @jimreilly that they aren't confirming any platforms at this time. #mgsgz

lolwat!? Did Konami actually bother watching the end of its own trailer? THERE'S PS3 AND 360 LOGOS AT THE END!

Looks very nice. I wish they showed more gameplay, though. I noticed that the translator said you could travel to other countries. That's pretty interesting.

Is it necessary to play Portable Ops before Peace Walker? I haven't played either game.

Izick

Also, I would like to think that Kojima wouldn't want to make the same mistake he did with the first MGS trailer. Also, this has actual REAL gameplay compared to that first MGS 4 trailer, which was basically just an "in-engine" cutscene.

I don't know, I say wait and see before completely nay-say that this can't be on current consoles.

So...Peace Walker, that game that I don't really wanna play on a PSP or w/ shoddy-looking upscaled "HD" graphics on my 360...the one that apparently was kind of boring and had really bad boss battles...

...I'm gonna have to play that one aren't I?

Because I really don't want to and still can't understand why a game that's supposed to be canon was made for anything other than a real console.

You make it sound like a fucking chore, dude.

It's one of the best MGS games ever made. I'd put it behind 3 and 1 and ahead of 4 and 2.

"Snake" is definitely Big Boss, no mistaking that. Still it is a bit odd that he looks significantly older in the trailer, with all the gray hair. Possible flashback sequences, or just one of Kojima's tricks? Either way, assuming that this takes place in the 80s, this'll probably be Big Boss' last adventure before he rejoins FoxHound to train/command David.

Kojima said he brought back a killed character...

HeclQ.jpg

Well, seeing as how this is directly related to Peace Walker, and the trenchcoat/suit is pretty similar, I wouldn't be surprised if it was
Galvez, given his interest in finding Paz. Though as was mentioned above, Hot Coldman is another possibility.

iLLmAtlc

"Snake" is definitely Big Boss, no mistaking that. Still it is a bit odd that he looks significantly older in the trailer, with all the gray hair. Possible flashback sequences, or just one of Kojima's tricks?

Someone from another forum argued that was to show off the Fox Engine lighting tech, which I'd agree with I think.

Based on Snake and (presumably) Miller's conversation in the trailer MGS:GZ takes place very soon after PW, maybe as quickly as a few days or weeks. In that convo Snake asked whether they should "silence her before we're comprimised", suggesting haste. If the game took place several years after PW they wouldn't be in a position to feel they can shut her up before they're exposed IMO.

Looks amazing, i just hope someone like me who has only really played mgs1 and mgs2 can easily get into the story without requiring me to readup the storylines of other mgs games.

Cant wait to see more

Interesting. Doens't that take place in the 70s though? Some of the tech used by Snake seemed pretty advanced, but then again it is MGS. Guess I may have to try out the HD version of Peace Walker.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I can't keep up with both threads. Yes, that is correct. Peace Walker occurs in 1974 but the technology is ridiculously advanced when compared to Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, MGS1 and almost MGS2.

Looks amazing, i just hope someone like me who has only really played mgs1 and mgs2 can easily get into the story without requiring me to readup the storylines of other mgs games.

Cant wait to see more

At a guess I'd say it's not going to be like MGS4 where it's essentially trying to tie up countless numbers of loose ends to make sense of all previous titles (and thus would be almost impenetrable to understand to a newcomer) and more a self contained story despite tying in directly to Peace Walker - I'd imagine a lot of the plot of PW is explained in GZ.

Why aren't we wondering what's going on with the old Big Boss in the trailer and young "Snake" from the screenshot the other day?

Also, if this takes place so soon after Peace Walker, how did Big Boss get so old so quick?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is it still possible to build such a PC?

Usually specced means "we set the graphics settings lower" as opposed to digging up 2006 era hardware.

I didn't do the last two title updates, but if anyone has the articles I'll put them there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Maybe it's my imagination, but Snake's hair changes color twice in that trailer.

Maybe it's my imagination, but Snake's hair changes color twice in that trailer.

I think there are several time skips in the trailer, 2 eras. Specially when the sound cue and flash... most likely we will get BB and one of the les enfants terribles.

Anyway, day one. Japan gaming revived

iLLmAtlc

PS I'm not sure if I believe CVG's rumour that this isn't Project Ogre because of the following:

“One thing that I can say is that Project Ogre is evolving alongside the Fox Engine. The Fox Engine is at the point now where it is pretty much ready to start making a game, so rather than releasing a sample image of, say, our meeting room, what will be the next sample you see from Fox Engine will be something from Project Ogre.”

http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...tedly-forced-back-to-mgs-because-of-problems/

FOX stands for "Force Operation X", XOF must surely stand for "Xtremely Opressive Force"which uses extreme measures and procedures like torturing rebels and putting them in animal like cages and maybe even doing experiments on them making them savage and willing to betray their owns like the ones in the trailer to opress any revolution.
The old Big Boss with grey hair now works fro FOX, the supposed Galvez is leading the XOF unit. the other phantom aka the other young Snake with brown hair, is working for XOF. This is the way we have those mirrored pictures and "from FOX (XOF in the opposite way), two phantoms were born". It will be cool to see FOX Big Boss against this XOF Snake (who may turn to be Solidus the first to be cloned with the primitive technics at that time that made him age so quickly which explains his obssession to be like Big Boss since he witnessed his glory and power even when he is old and aging).

FirewalkR

That's why I added the 'supposedly' ;)

I'll attribute the "PC specced like ps360" reports to misunderstanding or bad translation.

Some sites mentioned Kojima said this was running on a PC but he believed it would be a comparable experience on PS3*. I think other sites may have wrongly interpreted this as the demo PC having comparable specs.

* (hey, besides the graphics it may as well be...)

Izick

I think there are several time skips in the trailer, 2 eras. Specially when the sound cue and flash... most likely we will get BB and one of the les enfants terribles.

Anyway, day one. Japan gaming revived

Very interesting theory. I agree it's going to be more than just BB. I know people keep telling me that the tech in PW is more advanced then what it should be, but a fucking hologram just seems so bizarre, especially considering SS never had the chance to use one. I mean, if they wanted to make the Map an in game item, they could have made it a paper map, or a map on some sort of screen or something. That paired with the ominous orange glow (which no-one has mentioned why it was there), something is fishy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom