• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Dear Gaffers,

First of all, we'd like to thank you for your unprecedented support of GAF magazine. Our first issue was a runaway success,
and every issue since then has seen readership grow by leaps and bounds. We love that Gaffers enjoy our detailed, focused
articles and columns on the latest news and trends in the videogame industry.

But our research and your feedback has told us there's one type of news that you love more than anything else: Gossip!

So, after months of planning, we're proud to announce a new addition to GAF print media: GAF-Life.

GAF-Life is an upcoming weekly magazine, focused on bringing you the latest, hottest gossip from the videogame industry
and dishing the dirt on its famous and infamous members. GAF-Life will cover everything from scandalous Twitter drama,
outrageous betrayaltons, exclusive industry parties, shocking sub-1080p resolutions, top secret leaks and rumours, all the
best development studio debauchery, and much, much more!

Issue 1 will be in retailers next week and is themed to coincide with the release of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.
It focuses on Metal Gear Solid director Hideo Kojima and his dumping of renowned Solid Snake/Big Boss actor David Hayter
for Hollywood actor and 24 star Kiefer Sutherland.

But for those of you who can't wait, we've got a 3-page preview of GAF-Life right here!

iUlV24VUztpar.png

ibw2vxvdQoE59T.png

i3CmMbOYpWFoc.png

Please note that GAF-Life is made by a completely new team. The high quality articles and in-depth coverage you've come
to expect from GAF magazine won't be affected by GAF-Life, and your favourite GAF magazine writers will continue to
bring you the content you've always enjoyed. In fact, we're just putting the finishing touches on the next issue, featuring
the Seattle Fireball Delsin Rowe on the cover. Look out for it in stores next week!

We're proud of what we've achieved so far thanks to your support. We can't wait to release GAF-Life alongside GAF magazine,
and continue to provide you with world-class videogame industry coverage.

Happy gaffing,​

ibeiPwE5cyg6OB.png

BurnOutBrighter
GAF Magazine

iwmiUT1ahnxve.png

Spoiler Thread

Review Thread

Frequently Asked Questions

• When is the game coming out?
March 18 (US), March 20 (Japan & PAL territories).

• What platforms is it being released on?
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

• Is it really a demo?
No. It's a prologue to The Phantom Pain. The content in Ground Zeroes will not appear in The Phantom Pain.

• How long is the game?
The main mission can be completed in under 2 hours. There are several sidequests to complete, which will add many more hours of gameplay depending on your thoroughness.

• Is there a special edition?
No.

• Will my save game carry over to The Phantom Pain?
Yes, with saved games on the same platform. Characters you rescue in Ground Zeroes will be available in The Phantom Pain. Actions performed in the prologue will have repercussions in the follow-up.

• Are there any preorder bonuses?
There is nothing that will change Ground Zeroes, but you'll get bonus staff to unlock for the Mother Base part of the game when you play The Phantom Pain.

• What resolution and framerate does the game run at?
PS3 & 360: Sub-720p, 30fps
XB1: 720p, 60fps
PS4: 1080p, 60fps

• For PlayStation owners, is there a platinum trophy?
No. There are 15 regular trophies.

• Is there any cool stuff in the physical edition?
The US version has a reversible cover. Apart from that, not really. There is no manual.

• What does the OT title mean?
The OT title was suggested by Graphics Horse. In the E3 2013 Phantom Pain trailer, Big Boss says "Kaz, I'm already a demon."

• When does this game take place in the MGS chronology?
It's a direct sequel to Peace Walker, so it's strongly recommended that you play, watch or read about Peace Walker to get up to speed with the story events.

• Note to Xbox 360 owners
An internal hard drive is required to install the game. Installing to a USB hard drive is not supported.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
keptyouwaitinghuh

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm now hyped for the inFamous OT more than I am for the game itself. Can't wait to pick this up when everyone starts trading it back in same day. Wo0t!

JayEH

YES, you went with THAT TITLE. Haha glad it stuck. Really liking forward to taking a break from Titanfall with this.

anthym

Neo Member
I'm in tears from reading gaf-life. 10/10 great work. Can't wait to pick this up next week. I've got a lot of trophies to cram in from ac4 before then. Ground zeroes + second son will have me busy for a while.

Love it. As for the game itself, I got that shit preordered the day the ps4 version was announced. Price and length be damned, I NEED my Kojima fix.

Top Bottom