• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

TheBoss1

the game is too fucking hard. everything is too goddamn random
If you're having a difficult time, try going slowly and keep track of the enemy patterns. You will be spotted a lot if you don't take your time unless you are very familiar with the game. Mark enemies as well. If you play with that X-Ray vision thing on you should be able to anticipate the enemies much better since you can see where they are. Also crouch unless the area is totally cleared, otherwise they will see you; especially if you try sprinting.

Enemy patrols aren't random but their shifts change. Sometimes they will move to another area of the map. The is most notable after you make contact with the targets. It even says on the screen that there's been a shift change.

Javier23

Banned
I'm quite certain that Fulton will be quite limited, at least on first playthroughs. I'm sure we'll have to physically take the soldiers to the helicopter more so than the play demo's lead us to believe.
I seriously hope not. Had enough of that shit in Portable Ops. What a terrible game...

Didn't enjoy Peace Walker that much either. I'm sure though that it works amazingly well as a portable game, and sure as hell was glad when they introduced the Fulton system and I no longer had to sweep the floors of each area with the unconscious bodies of my enemies. Multiple times.

I seriously hope not. Had enough of that shit in Portable Ops. What a terrible game...

Didn't enjoy Peace Walker that much either. I'm sure though that it works amazingly well as a portable game, and sure as hell was glad when they introduced the Fulton system and I no longer had to sweep the floors of each area with the unconscious bodies of my enemies. Multiple times.

I think they'll be situations where you won't have to carry people back to your chopper, but you might have to move them a short distance where you can fulton them without enemies seeing it. And if there is a ceiling or something above you that obstructs the balloon you'll have to move to the open.

mcz117chief

maybe next time before you start bashing Portable Ops (my favourite MGS game) you should have done a little research. You can actually extract people in PO by just putting them within range of a box where your other members are hiding and for some the range is pretty huge.

velociraptor

I agree.

Limited ammo, suppressors, constantly respawning enemies that have a memory of a goldfish - honestly this game is pissing me off.

The AI is calling CP for reinforcements every time they spot a dead body, scream man down, call for reinforcements, are on 'alert' mode, can't find me, and then repeat the whole fucking facade all over again.

This game is pissing me off.

I have it running on my PS4 and I'm just hiding. For the past 30 mins I've been hiding under a tunnel, but the game has been stuck in this alert loop since there are too many dead bodies. Well, no shit - I will kill if there is no ammo left for me.

But I can't kill them all - no suppressors, and respawning enemies. Heh.

This is coming from someone who has played the shit out of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4.

I'm actually stuck at the part where I have to rescue Paz. I've taken her but I can't call the helicopter - too many goons around.

I agree.

Limited ammo, suppressors, constantly respawning enemies that have a memory of a goldfish - honestly this game is pissing me off.

The AI is calling CP for reinforcements every time they spot a dead body, scream man down, call for reinforcements, are on 'alert' mode, can't find me, and then repeat the whole fucking facade all over again.

I have it running on my PS4 and I'm just hiding. For the past 30 mins I've been hiding under a tunnel, but the game has been stuck in this alert loop since there are too many dead bodies. Well, no shit - I will kill if there is no ammo left for me.

This is coming from someone who has played the shit out of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4.

I'm actually stuck at the part where I have to rescue Paz. I've taken her but I can't call the helicopter - too many goons around.
stop killing guards.

Ryan_MSF

I agree.

This really isn't a game issue, if you go in acting like rambo you'll obviously have a nightmare, it's a stealth game, not call of duty.

Go slow. ALWAYS crawl when out in open space. Mark every enemy you see. If you do this you should be able to comfortably sneak up on nearly every enemy without using very many tranq darts.

Error1355

maybe next time before you start bashing Portable Ops (my favourite MGS game) you should have done a little research. You can actually extract people in PO by just putting them within range of a box where your other members are hiding and for some the range is pretty huge.

How is Portable Ops your favorite MGS? o_O

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So... I said a while ago I would post a video of the ridiculous guard pop-in I've been encountering.

Finally got around to recording one today of what I consider the most egregious case, though honestly it's a pretty major issue a lot of the time. I could have cut together all the different contexts when it happens (especially in the binoculars) but this vid is for people saying it doesn't really affect gameplay.

http://youtu.be/FH9ec8M0LJU

edit: Btw there are also two more guards in the adjacent tower that don't appear until a few seconds after the clip ends, when I move closer.

Hey GAF, apologies about the thread necromancy (but I don't think my question deserves a new thread or a LTTP).

In light of PP coming out, I decided to replay this a bit first, for the unlockables.
I am trying to get all tapes. When I get a tape in a mission, do I need to finish the mission to keep the tape, or do I just need to escape safely by helicopter (I understand quitting the mission does not give you the tape, but perhaps aborting does?)

Also, I didn't like this much when it came out, but as I am learning to play it more, I am enjoying a whole lot more. Sneaking is hard, but can definitely be done well (knowing the maps helps too).

am trying to get all tapes. When I get a tape in a mission, do I need to finish the mission to keep the tape, or do I just need to escape safely by helicopter (I understand quitting the mission does not give you the tape, but perhaps aborting does?)
I think you need to complete the mission first.

ty_hot

lttp: I used my free 14 days PS+ membership just to get this game last year (I tihnk). I got a PS4 last month and after playing Drive Club and Uncharted 4 I decided to give it a try. I like MGS games in general even though I only finished the 3rd and 4th (played some part of the 1st in PS1 and a little bit of Portable Ops on PSP as well)... I wasn't following the news about it when it was released (and after), so I had no idea it was just a 'prologue'.

I was like wtf after completing the first and only mission the game gives you :D but ok, I was just not well informed. Are all the 'extra'/'side' missions in the very same map/area? I tried one (kill 2 guys) and after killing one the game saved and then I have about 3 to 4 minutes to find the other dude before he leaves the area, and I couldnt do it (tried 5 times)... so I gave up. Gonna try again later for sure.

At least I enjoyed the game while it lasted (less than two hours, being extremely cautious and restarting everytime I was spotted lol).

Top Bottom