• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
How do I download the DLC missions on PS4? I can't find them in the store. Australian PSN, if that helps.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There are no dlc missions. You need to beat the main mission to unlock the side ops

Oh. I thought there were Raiden missions or something like that. I still have two locked missions in the menu. My bad.

iLLmAtlc

Oh. I thought there were Raiden missions or something like that. I still have two locked missions in the menu. My bad.

Oh right.

You need to find all of the XOF patches to unlock the MGS1 mission.

I forgot that the Raiden mission wasn't originally available and I don't remember how I got it, sorry lol. Based on a quick google it seems to be a title update? so maybe you just need to find all of the patches and it will unlock both.

H4r4kiri

So I got GZ from the Store Deals this week and I played it. I think it is very good and gets my hyped fot TPP.

I played all Console's titels of MGS. (MGS1 , Sons Of liberty, Snake Eater, MGS 4 )

My problem was . I didn't know what was going on. Peace Walker was a psp game and I didn't think it would be that important, but damn. If you haven't played it you don't know anything. I didn't know the persons and all the motivations from Big BOss.

Am I the only one that is bothers by it ? How can I enjoy TPP, when I don't know what is going on?

TheBoss1

So I got GZ from the Store Deals this week and I played it. I think it is very good and gets my hyped fot TPP.

I played all Console's titels of MGS. (MGS1 , Sons Of liberty, Snake Eater, MGS 4 )

My problem was . I didn't know what was going on. Peace Walker was a psp game and I didn't think it would be that important, but damn. If you haven't played it you don't know anything. I didn't know the persons and all the motivations from Big BOss.

Am I the only one that is bothers by it ? How can I enjoy TPP, when I don't know what is going on?
By playing PW.

DieH@rd

Banned
Go play PW, it's a great game. Kojima personally made it as if it was full blown sequel to MGS3.

GZ is set immediately after end of PW.

you could play PW, but you could have also read the backstory that's right on the main menu

@.@

Neo Member
I have both MGS2 and 3 in PSN form, and a black label MGS4. I'm probably going to buy the legacy collection only for the Peace Walker and maybe MGS1. (hopefully it is a good game, I remember seeing the balloon system in my friend's PSP and not being impressed, but MGS5 will be like that too so better get used to it).

I have both MGS2 and 3 in PSN form, and a black label MGS4. I'm probably going to buy the legacy collection only for the Peace Walker and maybe MGS1. (hopefully it is a good game, I remember seeing the balloon system in my friend's PSP and not being impressed, but MGS5 will be like that too so better get used to it).

Fulton is a little silly and kind of OP, but it's essential to make the base building streamlined. TPP has introduced various elements like a success percentage and enemies who notice and shoot down the balloon to make it more believable and challenging. Fulton is like 12 on the list of issues holding the game back. The biggest issue is the limitations of the psp in terms of controls and level design

@.@

Neo Member
(I couldn't edit my last post for some reason)

By the way, I'm sure this was repeated in the thread but I can't find it, so... error 10003. I want to use the companion app :(

NEO0MJ

Having a bit of a problem with the PC version. For some reason the mouse icon gets stuck in the loading shape and it won't go away no matter how long I wait. I can play fine but it's so annoying to see.

Palpable

Fulton is a little silly and kind of OP, but it's essential to make the base building streamlined. TPP has introduced various elements like a success percentage and enemies who notice and shoot down the balloon to make it more believable and challenging. Fulton is like 12 on the list of issues holding the game back. The biggest issue is the limitations of the psp in terms of controls and level design

I'm quite certain that Fulton will be quite limited, at least on first playthroughs. I'm sure we'll have to physically take the soldiers to the helicopter more so than the play demo's lead us to believe.

Hypron

So I finally got around to finishing all the side content and stuff, it's a very fun game! Now I'm really looking forward to The Phantom Pain.

I just have one issue, the trophy (PS4) for finding all the cassette tapes didn't unlock... Even though I have them all (I triple checked that). I can't really find much on google about that. Does anyone here experienced the same issue and then managed to unlock the trophy?

Palpable

So I finally got around to finishing all the side content and stuff, it's a very fun game! Now I'm really looking forward to The Phantom Pain.

I just have one issue, the trophy (PS4) for finding all the cassette tapes didn't unlock... Even though I have them all (I triple checked that). I can't really find much on google about that. Does anyone here experienced the same issue and then managed to unlock the trophy?

You're 100% certain you have every cassette tape?

BigBoss

Deja Vu and Jamais Vu missions have the same tape in the same place but you have to pick them both of them up for the trophy.

Hypron

Yes, and do at least 1 trial on each.

Okay, thanks. I've already unlocked all the trials and s-ranked the main mission in hard so I've got 6 more to go I guess. Hopefully that'll unlock that last achievement.

Edit: I found the issue: my "cassette tape acquisition ratio" is 16/18 even though I have them all. The game probably didn't register that I got 2 of them. I collected all the ones that you can collect more than once several times so idk, my save might be fucked.

Edit 2: Sorted! I picked up cassette #5 again and it jumped from 16/18 to 18/18 and the achievement poped! Awesome, got all the achievements now :)

I'll still try to get 100% completion because it looks better though and the game is lots of fun.

rataplein

guys, if you have ground zeroes 100%ed in ps3... and then i start the phantom pain in a ps4, will it recognize my savefile so i can get all the benefits? (mAther base staff and skins, etc...)

J.EM1

guys, if you have ground zeroes 100%ed in ps3... and then i start the phantom pain in a ps4, will it recognize my savefile so i can get all the benefits? (mAther base staff and skins, etc...)
disx1k9.jpg

- If your copy of Ground Zeroes isn't digital, you need to still have the disc for this process. The online account also has to be the same.

- For doing this you get: the Sneaking Suit that Snake wears in Ground Zeroes, and Mother Base staff.

- If you have saved specific characters you get those in Mother Base as well.*

- It doesn't say anything about the completion needing to be 100%.

- This is separate from the "cool thing" Kojima said you get if you've completed Ground Zeroes.

- Though whether he meant completed the Ground Zeroes mission or gotten 100% is unclear.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've been having fun stealing guards' guns, dropping them on the floor and then telling them to get on the ground, even though I'm not pointing a gun at them. It's hilarious. I wish BB would dismantle them like The Boss did.

I've been having fun stealing guards' guns, dropping them on the floor and then telling them to get on the ground, even though I'm not pointing a gun at them. It's hilarious. I wish BB would dismantle them like The Boss did.

Press triangle to dismantle. Imagine it.

I beat manus in Dark Souls.

Palpable

Okay, thanks. I've already unlocked all the trials and s-ranked the main mission in hard so I've got 6 more to go I guess. Hopefully that'll unlock that last achievement.

Edit: I found the issue: my "cassette tape acquisition ratio" is 16/18 even though I have them all. The game probably didn't register that I got 2 of them. I collected all the ones that you can collect more than once several times so idk, my save might be fucked.

Edit 2: Sorted! I picked up cassette #5 again and it jumped from 16/18 to 18/18 and the achievement poped! Awesome, got all the achievements now :)

I'll still try to get 100% completion because it looks better though and the game is lots of fun.

Glad it worked out!

Xun

Would I be doing a massive disservice to getting both this and MGS5 on the PS3?

I doubt I'm going to get a PS4 for a while.

Apoc87

Banned
Does anyone else have trouble with sniping the black dude in the tower on the renegade threat mission? Seems like I only get a head shot about 25 percent of the time and it pisses me off greatly

Xiraiya

Would I be doing a massive disservice to getting both this and MGS5 on the PS3?

I doubt I'm going to get a PS4 for a while.
I would say yes, I kind of regret owning GZ on PS3, it's way nicer on PC with a DS3 Controller.
We're kind of at a point now where last gen consoles have less and less of a purpose and playing MGS5 on PS3 seems like a waste to me if you can potentially play it on current gen consoles or PC.
But if PS3 is the only way you can play in the near future then it should suffice.

EDIT: oops real old post.

Top Bottom