• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

SMZC

I was just about to rescue Paz, when a guard from the upper floor saw me through the ceiling and triggered the alarm. It isn't the first time I've seen this, either. People seeing you through walls and shit happens way too much in this game. It's especially irritating when you are doing a perfect stealth run on hard, no reflex, taking your sweet time, and this is what ruins your game.

Konami, get your shit together. This is unacceptable in a stealth game.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Pretty cool fan art.

1958300_1015390341499lxku2.jpg

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that's legit as hell

Sande

An unfortunate side effect of how great the stealth has evolved into is that the more unnatural and "gamey" mechanics feel more out of place than before. You can hold up someone on the ground and they'll never move (unless alerted or approached by other guards) and guards don't give a damn about being knocked out or shot with tranquilizer rounds. As far as I know they'll just wake up and maybe be a little disoriented for a while but they won't even call it in. Even when other guards find their buddy lying unconscious in the dirt, they just assume they're sleeping on duty or something. I'd personally prefer them to stay unconscious way longer (infinitely even) and if they were found or woke up, it would have more serious consequences.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I'm at 90% and I think I'm going to call it a wrap. Marking all enemies is too tedious and trying to get an S-Rank on the chopper missions is rage inducing.

Foffy

Banned
I have a question. I don't have the game, but I do know there's an unlockable mission in every version of the game. But what about the other side ops? Are they unlocked before or after the completion of the main mission?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
These destroy three anti-air-defenses Mission is so goddam awful. Especially because I just want to unlock the third cassette tape -,-

Does anybody here has a hint to make this easier?

cackhyena

Don't get spotted? Seriously, take your time learning where dudes are at before and after alert phase. It's not as overwhelming as it first seems.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Don't get spotted? Seriously, take your time learning where dudes are at before and after alert phase. It's not as overwhelming as it first seems.

Well, there is a ongoing alarmphase thorough the whole mission... And that I have to blow up stuff doesnt really help.

But I think its better to recover the dude with the tape before destroying the targets... Even when it seems that savepoints are disabled as soon as I pick him up...

Kojima has said far too many times that he has no interest in remaking his past games himself. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

My hopes are up and no amount of realistic expectations will stop me!

Not for the theory that the previous poster said. Just for the original MG/MG2 to be remade.
I think it would work well to remove MG/MG2 from canon and make a single modern game to take their place, combining the stories of MG1&2 into a single narrative with new Kojima twists and turns added in.

Basically the same plot of the first two games condensed into 3 acts with many sub-missions and boss fights throughout.

Act 1: Solid Snake, as a member of Foxhound under Big Boss, infiltrates Outer Heaven to "save" Grey Fox, who vanished there. Learns about the existence of a prototype Metal Gear and is told that Gray Fox is "dead."

Act 2: Sets out to find and destroy the TX-55 Metal Gear prototype. Destroys it, learns of Big Boss' betrayal from the equally treacherous Gray Fox, who was piloting TX-55.

Act 3/Climax: Solid Snake tracks Big Boss down to Zanzibarland to confront him. Discovers that the prototype was old and that Metal Gear D is already completed. Defeats Metal Gear D, defeats Big Boss, quits Foxhound due to too many shenanigans.

It would fudge up the time tables, but then if they really wanted to maintain the current 1995/1999 timeline, they can just say that Big Boss went into hiding after Outer Heaven and it took Solid 4 years to finally track him down. Time jump like in GZ/TPP.

cackhyena

Well, there is a ongoing alarmphase thorough the whole mission... And that I have to blow up stuff doesnt really help.

But I think its better to recover the dude with the tape before destroying the targets... Even when it seems that savepoints are disabled as soon as I pick him up...
I planted the c4 I wanted on one or two before I got him, and blew up the third with rifle to a barrel next to it. I did extract him first to be safe, though. There's plenty of ways to go. Look up a YouTube play through. I'm sure Perfect Stealth would have you covered to give you an idea.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I planted the c4 I wanted on one or two before I got him, and blew up the third with rifle to a barrel next to it. I did extract him first to be safe, though. There's plenty of ways to go. Look up a YouTube play through. I'm sure Perfect Stealth would have you covered to give you an idea.

There is no way to clear the base, isnt there? They always keep spawning?

cackhyena

I'm not sure about that one. I know reinforcements occasionally arrive, but I don't know if that's a timed thing or what. It wouldn't really be to your benefit to try that rank wise, anyway.

jett

D-Member

No, you can clear it completely, as long as reinforcement aren't being called in. Once there is nobody in the base, it won't matter what you do, nobody else will come.

Jerrod

Reinforcements only show up if you are in combat alert (guards are actively pursuing and trying to kill you). Just being on general alert doesn't call in reinforcements it just makes the guards more vigilant and move around a lot more.

Here is a playlist of my speedruns on Xbox One. These were all number 1 at the time of recording and most of them still are.

Jerrod

Nice stuff, man. I subbed.
Thanks. I don't have a lot of time to play so I do most of my vids on the weekends. I already have plans to further speed up the anti-air emplacements mission as well as my ground zeroes stealth, no kills time. Plus I haven't even played the Jamais Vu mission yet but I am going to try for at least one #1 time on that.

I mostly want to get these tricks out there. Apparently the PS4 players are very competitive and have a lot of really low times and some of them have given me tips to help lower the Xbox One times which are quite high in comparison.

Reinforcements only show up if you are in combat alert (guards are actively pursuing and trying to kill you). Just being on general alert doesn't call in reinforcements it just makes the guards more vigilant and move around a lot more.

Here is a playlist of my speedruns on Xbox One. These were all number 1 at the time of recording and most of them still are.

giphy.gif

Impressive! You're dedicated. Watched a few of your videos, but consider me subbed! I've only uploaded my first S Rank (Hard), so I guess it's time I get some more footage online, huh? :p

cackhyena

Thanks. I don't have a lot of time to play so I do most of my vids on the weekends. I already have plans to further speed up the anti-air emplacements mission as well as my ground zeroes stealth, no kills time. Plus I haven't even played the Jamais Vu mission yet but I am going to try for at least one #1 time on that.

I mostly want to get these tricks out there. Apparently the PS4 players are very competitive and have a lot of really low times and some of them have given me tips to help lower the Xbox One times which are quite high in comparison.
I love seeing stuff like that. I'm wondering if you'll try and set a record for a no weapons, mag only run on GZ. :) I sympathize with the little time to play thing. I really don't even have weekends. Only a few hours at night...some nights of the week. Anyways, I'll be glued to your channel when TPP roles out if you feel like doing stuff with that as well.

Jerrod

I love seeing stuff like that. I'm wondering if you'll try and set a record for a no weapons, mag only run on GZ. :) I sympathize with the little time to play thing. I really don't even have weekends. Only a few hours at night...some nights of the week. Anyways, I'll be glued to your channel when TPP roles out if you feel like doing stuff with that as well.
I only do time trial speed runs since those are visible because of the leaderboards. If you are talking about doing a no weapons run in general, magazine counts as a weapon if you use it at all.

But yea I'll definitely be putting Phantom Pain videos up and videos of any new games I get.

cackhyena

I only do time trial speed runs since those are visible because of the leaderboards. If you are talking about doing a no weapons run in general, magazine counts as a weapon if you use it at all.

But yea I'll definitely be putting Phantom Pain videos up and videos of any new games I get.
Only using it for distraction, I mean. I've seen someone use it as a weapon for knocking out. Literally forcing reflex mode every time. Eh.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

Nice work, I've watched three of these so far. Inspiring me for another run after putting the kids to bed.

Betty

Banned
Would love to get some more side missions and maybe patch in more random patrols etc to keep it fresh.

Sure, but if that means any development time is taken away from Phantom Pain, at all, I'd rather they didn't bother. And they've pretty much said as such anyway.

teknix

Neo Member
How likely are we to see some TPP action at E3? Or even better, some GZ DLC?! (ohh the salt that will be had if that is true)

teknix

Neo Member
It would be interesting if they could squeeze in some of the suggestions people had from GZ, and show that off at E3 for TPP.

It would be interesting if they could squeeze in some of the suggestions people had from GZ, and show that off at E3 for TPP.

Yeah! I'm confident that Kojima Productions is taking all feedback into account, though not entirely sure the gameplay adjustments will be set in stone by E3. Metal Gear is always at E3 in some capacity, to answer your previous question, so I have no doubt we will get our fair share of gameplay footage and/or ridiculous (in the best way possible) character trailer. ;-) Metal Gear Online is likely to be showcased in the near future, as well.

teknix

Neo Member
Robin Atkin Downes (Kaz Miller) posted this short vid of the recording studio: http://instagram.com/p/m4E6jwgpjX/

Seems like Kaz has sent us a coded message. From what I can piece together, the half eaten cookie in the middle represents Big Boss giving into his darker side (note how the chocolate chocolate chip cookies outnumber the regular ones) and the Fulton recovery seems like he's been rubbing his nose in battlefield dirt. That's all I have for now.

Top Bottom