• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Announced (GZ + NAIN STORY + DLC) 10/11

Mediking

Just started developing Mother Base and stuff Im interested in. Wow!!!! Now this is another section where the game really shines! Customization!!!

How does the game install on PS4?

Is it a unified application that contains both games after installation, or does it just install each game over already existing Ground Zeroes or TPP files?

Just curious to know if I could start a 100% fresh TPP file on this game but still have a vanilla TPP save for essentially a different install, whenever I want to go that one... since it's already way grinded out with FOB + gear.

Hahaha is that Quiet??? Nice. And yeah. I love this game. So much content and stuff to do. And its way more fun now that Im just playing for myself not being perfect.

No it just some recruit that lets you customise weapons. Think you have to play a fair bit before that side ops opens

Mediking

No it just some recruit that lets you customise weapons. Think you have to play a fair bit before that side ops opens

Oh cool! I just saved D-Dog!!! :D

And yeah... I know Snake ia angry at what happened to him but I still wished he showed some kind of personality and talked more. He's just doing the job, it seems. I also dont really like how the so much of the lore is deep in tapes.

As much as I want to play this, the dialogue and especially Quite stripper dance scenes are so cringe worthy that I cannot get myself to play this. and I have played every single MGS game san this one. 4's 'babe' bosses were so hard to get through...

Mediking

As much as I want to play this, the dialogue and especially Quite stripper dance scenes are so cringe worthy that I cannot get myself to play this. and I have played every single MGS game san this one. 4's 'babe' bosses were so hard to get through...

GZ is awesome and Phantom Pain is amazing. Experience them. I have no regrets so far. My only regret is spoiling the early half of the game due to Youtube a long time ago.

BigEmil

GZ is awesome and Phantom Pain is amazing. Experience them. I have no regrets so far. My only regret is spoiling the early half of the game due to Youtube a long time ago.
2 questions. Can you skip cutscenes? Can you customise or dress up that woman think she's called Quiet?

Mediking

2 questions. Can you skip cutscenes? Can you customise or dress up that woman think she's called Quiet?

You can skip cutscenes and Quiet is considered a Buddy so you should be able to change her clothes. I haven't met Quiet to confirm if you can change her clothes but I do know that she considered a Buddy and a Buddy is very customizable. Hell, I just bought D-Horse a goofy costume.

Mediking

The more and more I play this amazing game... the more and more I think the lore hidden behind tape mechanic is just dumb. There had to be a better way for the gamer to digest all that.

I bought Snake's cool Tuxedo outfit!

Mediking

I beat the Honey Bee mission and man was that tough. I managed to not use it and just bolted for the exit while those overpowered jerks aka the Skull unit, chased me down.

Finally customized Snake's arm and built some more platforms. Is there a easier way to get Materials? Because gathering the Materials I actually need is becoming annoying.

Oh and SMOKE GRENADES are my new best friend.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I beat the Honey Bee mission and man was that tough. I managed to not use it and just bolted for the exit while those overpowered jerks aka the Skull unit, chased me down.

Finally customized Snake's arm and built some more platforms. Is there a easier way to get Materials? Because gathering the Materials I actually need is becoming annoying.

Oh and SMOKE GRENADES are my new best friend.
After unlocking mission 22, you'll be able to do fobs. It's faster to farm resources if you go that route.

yea rn they are running "Mosquito's Legacy" FOB Event* it is a low level one pretty easy and good to get used to the layout of these levels. a lot of MGSV's best maps are hidden in FOB. each platform has a unique level design across 1-4 connecting struts.

FOB Event platforms all have materials for you to take for free. FOB Events are single player, meaning anything you take is from a NPC enemy base. zero risk of invasion.

*just go to FOB in the menu and RT over to FOB Event

Mediking

Thanks for the advice! And I've been building more platforms and I love this feeling! It's a shame what happened to this studio.

Mediking

Kaz developed a Medical platform so I went over there to explore. I come upon a door and I can actually open it so I do.... This triggers a crazy good cutscene where I discover that
Paz
is alive!!!!

It was such a great directed cutscene. Ironically... I wish there were more in the game. So far, Phantom Pain has very little cutscenes but there are more hidden cutscene moments like at Mother Base.... right?!?!?

Kaz developed a Medical platform so I went over there to explore. I come upon a door and I can actually open it so I do.... This triggers a crazy good cutscene where I discover that
Paz
is alive!!!!

It was such a great directed cutscene. Ironically... I wish there were more in the game. So far, Phantom Pain has very little cutscenes but there are more hidden cutscene moments like at Mother Base.... right?!?!?

The
Paz
story arc is the only to take place at Mother Base, but it plays a huge role in uncovering the truth so I strongly recommend that you complete the
Wandering Mother Base Soldier
missions prior to completing the game!

Paz
is alive!!!!

Plently of MB cutscenes forced and optional but those ones are the only ones triggered like that unfortunately.
Edit: actually there might be another type in a lab but I can't remember how it triggers, but it doesn't amount to much. Most hidden scenes are just from coming back to MB in certain conditions.

Coreda

Just started developing Mother Base and stuff Im interested in. Wow!!!! Now this is another section where the game really shines! Customization!!!

If there's one thing outside of the gameplay I enjoyed most it was the weapon customization (not the dev times though, ugh). Wish there was more of it, instead of having the most minute upgrades in the later tiers but it's still a great facet of the game.

Also typo in the thread doesn't seem to have been fixed.

Solidino

hi guys, there have been phantom pain improvements in GZ, in terms of gameplay, in this definitive edition?

I remember that dive animation in GZ is different from Phantom Pain, is really ugly.

Thanks.

Mediking

The
Paz
story arc is the only to take place at Mother Base, but it plays a huge role in uncovering the truth so I strongly recommend that you complete the
Wandering Mother Base Soldier
missions prior to completing the game!

Plently of MB cutscenes forced and optional but those ones are the only ones triggered like that unfortunately.
Edit: actually there might be another type in a lab but I can't remember how it triggers, but it doesn't amount to much. Most hidden scenes are just from coming back to MB in certain conditions.

If there's one thing outside of the gameplay I enjoyed most it was the weapon customization (not the dev times though, ugh). Wish there was more of it, instead of having the most minute upgrades in the later tiers but it's still a great facet of the game.

Also typo in the thread doesn't seem to have been fixed.

Cool, cool. And guess what? I finally recruited Quiet! Kaz doesn't trust her. Ocelot sees her as a valuable resource and Snake? I think the guy has fallen in love. Good for them. It's nice to see him put his hand on her shoulder like, "Relax, babe." I found her lounging in her cell on the Medical platform in Mother Base. Her bra strap was undone and I was like, "Interesting..." Lol

Mediking

D-Dog is still in puppy form and Quiet still hasn't joined as an offical buddy. There was a cutscene where she wanted to join but Snake stupidly pushed on alone. :( HURRY UP, YOU TWO!!!!!!!!!

Mediking

This is truly the game that keeps giving. I unlocked the cool animal platform area and D-Dog finally is able to with me on missions. I love having D-Dog beside me as I walk around on Mother Base and on Missions! I've also grown to appreciate sending out my troops on missions to gather resources.

And man... it's taking Quiet FOREVER to join the team. I dunno what triggers it... don't spoil it but it's been so long since she's been on Mother Base. I keep dong side missions and stuff but she hasn't joined. She wants to but Kaz keeps her away.

And I'm just speculating... but if Snake = Naked Snake from MGS:3 then that might explain why he has feelings for Quiet. Quiet prolly reminds him Eva.... sort've.

A side mission about Emmerich has appeared..... Kaz wants me to get him.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Any idea what the sales were for this game? Because besides this kid (^) giving us his play by play of the game, I've seen no bumb in the threads, and barely new people on FOBs.

A side mission about Emmerich has appeared..... Kaz wants me to get him.

I could be wrong but I think Quiet won't join until after you've done this and a little bit more. Generally for people who don't explore too much they'll first bump into Quiet on the way to get Emmerich.

Both times I've played I got active DD, the Emmerich op, and the tape about Quiet all at the same time.

Mediking

I could be wrong but I think Quiet won't join until after you've done this and a little bit more. Generally for people who don't explore too much they'll first bump into Quiet on the way to get Emmerich.

Both times I've played I got active DD, the Emmerich op, and the tape about Quiet all at the same time.

Does listening to tapes about Quiet trigger her to officially join? All she's doing is lounging with her bra off on Mother Base... and I kinda do hate how she can't talk but I guess her expressions and actions show off who she is.

I'm gonna do the Emmerich mission after I do some more side ops with D-Dog.

Does listening to tapes about Quiet trigger her to officially join? All she's doing is lounging with her bra off on Mother Base... and I kinda do hate how she can't talk but I guess her expressions and actions show off who she is.

I'm gonna do the Emmerich mission after I do some more side ops with D-Dog.

Nah there's a tape that auto plays about a sniper when flying into a mission, but that might not have happened for you if you found her early, not sure.

You said you got the scene where she wants to join, so I think that's all you need. Follow the story and it should just pop up a screen that she's selectable eventually.

Gamegeneral

Question: How well does the PC version of the game perform? I bought it on PS4 originally. Does the PC version look and run much better than contemporary titles?

Also is there a mod to disable needing to pay for FOB insurance or something?

KOMANI

KOMANI
Question: How well does the PC version of the game perform? I bought it on PS4 originally. Does the PC version look and run much better than contemporary titles?

Also is there a mod to disable needing to pay for FOB insurance or something?
PC looks the best. Why would you need insurance. The fob community is pretty much dead. The most active community is on the PS4.
Over 4k in Japan.. not sure if there's other numbers out.
Well, it was the best selling game in Japan when it first came out.

Mediking

Just did the "side" mission where I saved Huey. BOY, WAS THAT INTENSE. It was hard trying to sneak in and even find the guy because there's guards EVERYWHERE! Then you have to sneak by freaking Scaintoplus or whatever. That thing kept finding me over and over and my heart was pounding. I eventually managed to sneak away but I enjoyed blowing that monster up.

And after meeting up with
Paz
on Mother Base, I don't even trust 1st impressions on cut-scenes anymore. Lol just like before a new cut-scene that will appear that will offer more information than the intital cut-scene...

I bring that up because Huey was looking at Snake's face and he was curious....

Foxxsoxx

Just did the "side" mission where I saved Huey. BOY, WAS THAT INTENSE. It was hard trying to sneak in and even find the guy because there's guards EVERYWHERE! Then you have to sneak by freaking Scaintoplus or whatever. That thing kept finding me over and over and my heart was pounding. I eventually managed to sneak away but I enjoyed blowing that monster up.

And after meeting up with
Paz
on Mother Base, I don't even trust 1st impressions on cut-scenes anymore. Lol just like before a new cut-scene that will appear that will offer more information than the intital cut-scene...

I bring that up because Huey was looking at Snake's face and he was curious....

Glad to see you're enjoying the game man, it's a hell of a ride.

Mediking

I finally got to Africa... beat the first mission there... wish was pretty exciting and interesting... but... QUIET STILL HASN'T JOINED!!! SHE'S JUST LAYING THERE ON MOTHER BASE WITH HER BRA OFF AND I'M LIKE... "WILL YA GET YOUR LAZY BUTT UP AND HELP ME?!?!?!"

:( WHAT'S TAKING HER SO LONG?!

On the good side, Huey gave D-Walker and I got a Fulton upgrade so I can FINALLY pick up containers!

Mediking

Quiet has finally officially joined the team :)

So... uhhhhh.... Quiet is pretty much a
flower?!?!??!

Oh and uh..... when I saw some of her outfits that I can develop someday...... LET'S GO.

Still, though. It's a shame she can't speak. Total letdown.

Vex_

Banned
Quiet has finally officially joined the team :)

So... uhhhhh.... Quiet is pretty much a
flower?!?!??!

Oh and uh..... when I saw some of her outfits that I can develop someday...... LET'S GO.

Still, though. It's a shame she can't speak. Total letdown.

Yes. She is. And that's what makes her so beautiful. I love her story. I love her character. Deadly, silent - and most importantly - gorgeous. She is the best character in mgsv next to kaz. She has a whole sequence later on that is so tight!

Minamu

Yes. She is. And that's what makes her so beautiful. I love her story. I love her character. Deadly, silent - and most importantly - gorgeous. She is the best character in mgsv next to kaz. She has a whole sequence later on that is so tight!
D-Dog would like to have a word with you.

Picked it up during BF

Played through ground zero and mission one (save miller)

Loved Everything so far, the open World gameplay really makes it feel like "my own experience" and the cut scenes have been very solid so far

So I guess now Im about to enter the part "everyone hates" meaning less cut scenes / story and uninspiring missions? Otherwise, If mission 1 is a benchmark for the rest of the game Im in for a treat :)

Stopped playing at mother base, not tempted at all to mess around there..just wanna be out in the wild and sneak my way forward and release hell once I get discovered :)

Wished the VA was not changed a big bummer for me. Is even ocelot voice actor changed?

robotrock

Banned
Picked it up during BF

Played through ground zero and mission one (save miller)

Loved Everything so far, the open World gameplay really makes it feel like "my own experience" and the cut scenes have been very solid so far

So I guess now Im about to enter the part "everyone hates" meaning less cut scenes / story and uninspiring missions? Otherwise, If mission 1 is a benchmark for the rest of the game Im in for a treat :)

Stopped playing at mother base, not tempted at all to mess around there..just wanna be out in the wild and sneak my way forward and release hell once I get discovered :)

Wished the VA was not changed a big bummer for me. Is even ocelot voice actor changed?

Yeah, Ocelot is Troy Baker now.

You'll probably love this game

Yep, Troy Baker. But that makes some sense to me as he's a lot older than he was in MGS3, and that voice wouldn't have worked.

True, but when I Think of Ocelot I Always Think of the voice of him in 1,2 and 4. Also, ocelots whole role in the series is quite confusing for me. Anyone know a good Place where I can read up on the story regarding him?

Minamu

True, but when I Think of Ocelot I Always Think of the voice of him in 1,2 and 4. Also, ocelots whole role in the series is quite confusing for me. Anyone know a good Place where I can read up on the story regarding him?
May or may not be a good idea until you've beaten V.

May or may not be a good idea until you've beaten V.
yeah you probably have a point there, Will save the readings for afterwards

Done 5 missions now and having a blast. Was afraid it would feel like a chore (like many other lengthy games novadays feels for me) but nope already see myself replaying missions to complete the updated objectives

Was skullface actually in mtgs3? I was Reading that zero deployed him and made xof in mtgs3 but I have zero memory from that when I played that game. Uhn uf not perhaps I Will find out more soon..

RootCause

Done 5 missions now and having a blast. Was afraid it would feel like a chore (like many other lengthy games novadays feels for me) but nope already see myself replaying missions to complete the updated objectives

Was skullface actually in mtgs3? I was Reading that zero deployed him and made xof in mtgs3 but I have zero memory from that when I played that game. Uhn uf not perhaps I Will find out more soon..

Theres an app on PSN called the MGS Database. Its likely outdated by now, but its still a fun read.

Minamu

He was introduced in Ground Zeroes. Any story bits about him being around in MGS3 comes from GZ or TPP, and is thus a story continuation of the older games.

rizzo0

Hey guys I just picked up a PS4 and I finally wanted to give MGS V a try. I already have ground zeroes free from PS+ but I wanted to know if I should spring for this version of the game with the dlc or should I save some dough and drop like a $20 on just phantom pain? Thanks

Top Bottom