• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Custom Boxart Covers

Nestunt

IMG_20150901_134135.jpg

Thank you so much

its beautiful

Ambitious

Made some changes to the one posted in OP.

Scanned my copy of GZs boxart and used OP template. Added some red to "V" to make it stick out more.

Could you please share the GZ boxart as it is, without the PS4 logo? I'd rather have it consistent with shagg's TPP cover.

Fuck, my Staples sent me an email saying that the prints I wanted to do violated copyright. I need to fill out a form saying I'm allowed to print it before they will process my order...wtf...

I just came across this thread and I am totally interested in buying a cover. Even though they've all been shipped, are you still accepting? And are there any left for PS4?

frap

Neo Member
I received mine last week. They all arrived in perfect condition and look great. Thanks shagg!

Hey op! Anyway the few of us who missed out on this that still want it can front the money for more prints?

I'd honestly really love to have one!

butman

I'm doing something wrong? can't see the webpage :(

Where is Ground Zeroes Ps4 cover?

It seems it's a NG banned site. You must add dualshockers . com where the asterisk are.

*****************/2015/08/26/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-here-is-the-cover-it-deserved-print-it-to-your-hearts-content/

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm panicking as well hahaha. I think today is the day to panic. I think I'll PM him to see what can we do.

Did you read the OP, by chance? The PS4s are sold out and I don't believe he is doing a reprint as he's taken a hit of nealy $500 doing this for us! Just in case you didn't know

Is the $500 hit true? That makes me feel terrible and I think we should rally to make up that difference. I got my cover and absolutely love it and don't want to discourage this kind of awesome deed.

Since I missed out on the non profit service, what paper is recommended to print this on. Should I go to kinkos for high quality?

I forgot to mention I have a pretty dinky printer low quality or average I guess.

webkatt

Sweet! so you used 8.5x11?
Thanks for posting your cover. It looks great.
Soooo, do you happen to have one for Ground Zeroes? Promise I'm done bugging you. :p

Yeah 8.5x11 then I cut it. I don't have one for GZ as I got it digitally. If I make one I'll let you know.

iLLmAtlc

I've printed out a lot of covers, I think the best is 80lb glossy paper, it's very close to what they use. The weight isn't that important, but glossy + a good printer will make it look like a real thing.

RootCause

Yeah 8.5x11 then I cut it. I don't have one for GZ as I got it digitally. If I make one I'll let you know.
Oh, that's okay. I don't want to take up your free time. :p
I've printed out a lot of covers, I think the best is 60lb glossy paper, it's very close to what they use. The weight isn't that important, but glossy + a good printer will make it look like a real thing.
Thanks!
Do you think the mx922 will be able to get the job done?

As a UK physical owner of Ground Zeroes, I'd love to have the alternate cover so that I can print it.
Anyone know where It can be found?

Man you guys are lucky your staples are printing the covers, I went in yesterday and got a whole BS lecture about how I cannot print out copyrighted logos (sony, konami, etc.) unless I have written documentation giving me permission...

Hey, folks. I have the soundtrack for Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes, and was wondering if anyone with photoshop skills would be willing to make custom album artwork for them. (they wouldn't need to be physical) I would myself, but my photoshop skills are non-existent. The default covers for the OSTs are the same as the standard game box art, and I just wanted Yoji Shinkawa's amazing art on the cover. Thanks!

image.php

Agreed. Thank you shagg!

Let's hope that the next game from the new Kojima Productions has Shinkawa's art on the cover, now that Konami can't interfere since I imagine that later covers were influenced by marketing teams.

Let's be glad Kojima has stated openly it will be a "complete game". ;)

That bump! Glad I could do this for you guys.

Would I do it again? FUCK NO! LOL (Actually I might if the project serves well). But I'm glad I did. It was a lot of fun doing it, and it was time consuming with negative financial reward, but damn was it worth it.

Really loving the pictures everyone's taking. Definitely made it all worth it!

Top Bottom