• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain multiplayer reveal on IGN this Thursday

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well, yeah, we do... I just wasn't sure if they meant "Hey, 1080p, 60fps footage exists! End of story." or "We're showing it in 1080p, 60fps." But only makes sense that they would show it in that format.

Well they said:

What you'll see Thursday is the exact same quality as this:

and then posted the 30 minutes gameplay demo in 60fps!

Gamersyde should get that video too in 60fps cause the IGN video player is so fucking terrible.

cackhyena

So is this what online for this game will consist of? Just infiltrating bases? Or will there be maps set in the story world as well? Feel like I know everything about this game except this part.

So is this what online for this game will consist of? Just infiltrating bases? Or will there be maps set in the story world as well? Feel like I know everything about this game except this part.

They talked about base invasions being an effect of what you did online, so I'm sure there's more. I don't think this is the feature they built a separate studio in L.A. for.

Looks sick. I love atypical multiplayer. Stealth games too often have what's essentially just death match in their multi. This directly translates the main gameplay into a multiplayer environment.

Well they said:

and then posted the 30 minutes gameplay demo in 60fps!

Gamersyde should get that video too in 60fps cause the IGN video player is so fucking terrible.

Oh, hey, apparently you didn't know this, but... I'm a hot piece of garbage who doesn't read articles linked in OP!

OH, MY GOD. YES. I'M SO HYPE!!!!!! The base's lighting looked insane from what I could tell of the off-screen footage. Cannot wait to see it direct-feed running at that resolution and frame rate!

(And yeah, I'm sure it will be posted to Gamersyde shortly after!)

Dont see any reason for MGO to be a separate release. GZ and TPP...and MGO? Dont think so. I'm guessing single player will be the main story and also include the ability to invade other people's motherbase (which wont actually have any effect on your or the other person's single player motherbase), and then there'll be MP mode (MGO), which will resemble either something like GTAV mp or TLoU mp

Sn4ke_911

Oh, hey, apparently you didn't know this, but... I'm a hot piece of garbage who doesn't read articles linked in OP!

OH, MY GOD. YES. I'M SO HYPE!!!!!! The base's lighting looked insane from what I could tell of the off-screen footage. Cannot wait to see it direct-feed running at that resolution and frame rate!

(And yeah, I'm sure it will be posted to Gamersyde shortly after!)

LOL ....no you're not. :lol

Yeah me too, can't wait to see it in glorious 1080p, 60fps.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Never played an MGO. Really curious to see how it shapes up.

You're in for a treat

metal-gear-online-hf-hs-o.gif

LOL ....no you're not. :lol

Yeah me too, can't wait to see it in glorious 1080p, 60fps.

:lol Thanks, bro! ^_^ Yeah, I am really excited to see the Mother Base in detail - day and night. That, alone, is really exciting!!!! Being able to watch the video and make my own analysis. From what I could tell of the off-screen footage, the building structure, color pattern, and base layout are all completely different at the base of the player being invaded (than the invader's, which was shown a couple of months ago)!

Never played an MGO. Really curious to see how it shapes up.

Metal Gear Online is incredible - the second iteration, in particular. Honestly, both of the previous installments account for my two favorite multiplayer games of all-time.

RK9039

Please Konami, we want horse racing online as well.

Think about it Konami, it's like Mario Kart but instead of using banana peels you make your horse crap at will to spin other racers.

cackhyena

Well I'm not missing out on this one. Revamped controls got me pumped.

Please Konami, we want horse racing online as well.

Think about it Konami, it's like Mario Kart but instead of using banana peels you make your horse crap at will to spin other racers.

Also you can hang sideways full gallop with one clip in your pistol to try and take dudes out as well. Shit, that would be amazing.

Sn4ke_911

What if the new MGO is some kind of Battlefield with horses, various modes of transport and shit?

2014-08-1902_03_55-megsuv6.png

What if the new MGO is some kind of Battlefield with horses, various modes of transport and shit?

"open world" maps with a new mode...
players vs a player controlled Metal Gear

MG player can choose between all of the MGs in the series, each with their own attributes. From the TX-55 through Gekko, Zeke, etc
MGs control similar to Rex in 4.
others can use vehicles like tanks and helicopters against it, players get Stingers and chaff.

I'm surprised they let you talk!

I wasn't going to say anything, but that headline is borderline misleading. If I get heat for saying that, fine, but I'm not going to have people going nuts thinking it's something that it isn't. I want people to be psyched for the footage, not de-psyched for being misled about the footage.

It'll still be worth watching (they have a very clean print of the footage), and I'm happy that those who were not in attendance at gamescom will have a chance to see it.

It is not replacing MGO.

Did not see this! AWESOME NEWS!!!!

I wasn't going to say anything, but that headline is borderline misleading. If I get heat for saying that, fine, but I'm not going to have people going nuts thinking it's something that it isn't. I want people to be psyched for the footage, not de-psyched for being misled about the footage.

It'll still be worth watching (they have a very clean print of the footage), and I'm happy that those who were not in attendance at gamescom will have a chance to see it.

Thank you for clearing this up for us, Tora. Is there any way we can review Konami employees? You keep everyone around here informed by sharing facts without leaking information at the detriment of Konami, and should be recognized for it.

RK9039

Can I recruit you for Mother Base?

fritzo

thank you! can't wait to see actual MGO footage! the motherbase stuff looks great also!

Sn4ke_911

Thank you Tora, we all know it, you're one of us. Fighting the good fight, no misleading bullshit.

Amir0x

Banned
Well hope it's decent. Still not sure I'm going to jump in on MGSV after the horrifying MGS4 and the embarrassing Ground Zeroes as the most expensive demo of all time, but I am watching closely.

Thank you for clearing this up for us, Tora. Is there any way we can review Konami employees? You keep everyone around here informed by sharing facts without leaking information at the detriment of Konami, and should be recognized for it.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't believe there is any sort of procedure for that. I just take it as a responsibility of being a sincere fan of the series (personally) in charge of cultivating the MGS community (professionally) and fellow GAFer.

Amir0x

Banned
you shouldn't call the filmers jokers. They do gamers a service everywhere capturing footage to inform the consumers everywhere earlier than their own companies do since 1994!

True Earth heroes. *salute*

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't believe there is any sort of procedure for that. I just take it as a responsibility of being a sincere fan of the series (personally) in charge of cultivating the MGS community (professionally) and fellow GAFer.

Well, we appreciate you keeping us all in the loop. Keep up the good work, brother!

my man. i think i can speak for mgs-gaf in saying we really appreciate your communication with the community. that headline is definitely misleading

cackhyena

Well hope it's decent. Still not sure I'm going to jump in on MGSV after the horrifying MGS4 and the embarrassing Ground Zeroes as the most expensive demo of all time, but I am watching closely.
Embarrassing? I don't know about that. The game play is the best the series has ever been, though. You're missing out with that line of thinking.

deim0s

GJ3OhNk.jpg

do you think it will be much longer before we will see the next MGO? i'm hoping for a reveal at TGS

It would be silly for it not to be.

Thanks! I guess it's all eyes on TGS for the full multiplayer reveal (you don't have to answer that)

Amir0x

Banned
Embarrassing? I don't know about that. The game play is the best the series has ever been, though. You're missing out with that line of thinking.

The gameplay is positive in some elements, not particularly impressive in others. But the gameplay is just a skeleton, a foundation for the future of the series. Ground Zeroes was an overlarge demo for the gameplay-in-action, but I was extremely mad I paid even a dime for it when I was done. Even at the reduced price, I felt had. I even done a lot of the side stuff, most of which was not very interesting or fun in the least. So yeah, I'm not going to glorify Ground Zeroes. Maybe Phantom Pain will take the gameplay, apply it where it works best, and provide a great amount of meaningful content that I expect from a MGS game. Game felt like one of them paid DLCs. There's a reason I almost never buy DLC of any kind. Only one I did was Minerva's Den and even that didn't feel like I got my moneys worth.

Hopefully also the story isn't batshit insane like MGS4.

cackhyena

The gameplay is positive in some elements, not particularly impressive in others. But the gameplay is just a skeleton, a foundation for the future of the series. Ground Zeroes was an overlarge demo for the gameplay-in-action, but I was extremely mad I paid even a dime for it when I was done. Even at the reduced price, I felt had. I even done a lot of the side stuff, most of which was not very interesting or fun in the least. So yeah, I'm not going to glorify Ground Zeroes. Maybe Phantom Pain will take the gameplay, apply it where it works best, and provide a great amount of meaningful content that I expect from a MGS game. Game felt like one of them paid DLCs. There's a reason I almost never buy DLC of any kind. Only one I did was Minerva's Den and even that didn't feel like I got my moneys worth.

Hopefully also the story isn't batshit insane like MGS4.
Don't know what to say except that I disagree. Except the MGS4 stuff. Shit show all around.

Top Bottom