• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light un-confirmed for Wii U

cacildo

Well, i just read on Destructoid that in the sequel "the developer seems to be focusing more on intense Call of Duty-esque gunfights and over-the-top scenarios"

Yeah, like, no.... i dont need this game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Well, i just read on Destructoid that in the sequel "the developer seems to be focusing more on intense Call of Duty-esque gunfights and over-the-top scenarios"

Yeah, like, no.... i dont need this game.
Are they basing it on anything but the trailer? That one does seem to focus on "follow that guy and watch cool shit happen" segments. Which the first one had a fair share of as well. But that doesn't mean that they've taken out the slower pacing of some parts, the option to play stealthily if you're good enough in others and the rewards for exploring areas beyond the obvious paths.

Edit: the actual preview, contrary to the mention of it in the post you quoted, includes things like this:
This isn't just a straight up FPS, as it will mix up action, survival horror, stealth, and even some light role-playing elements to the mix. Huw also stressed that this isn't going to be a relentless shooting game; every moment will be unique and extraordinary for the player.
As this was a guided demo, they stuck to a straight forward path but told us there are plenty of secret areas and things to find for those players that like to explore. Exploring will be a necessity as every resource you can find is a precious commodity.
The actual COD-esque limited interactivity sections described do sound like different takes on similar situations found in the original.

Ie, haunted plane vs haunted, er, metro. So, we'll have to wait and see if they've tipped the scales more toward COD or not.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi. People should be a little more friendly to each other instead of getting flippant, dismissive, or aggressive. If that's really hard to do, consider using the ignore list or leaving threads. People should also try to express their points clearly and without disrespect. People should also avoid pre-emptively counter-trolling trolls that aren't even in the thread (IE people who full well like Nintendo products spamming "LOL DOOMED LOL U MAD DOGGY U THINK NINTENDO DOOMED" kind of stuff to 0 reply threads).

New console launches and E3s are both pretty high octane, but GAF is a much much much much much larger forum than it was the last go around so we need to rein in some of system wars stuff tighter than before. And in times where behaviour is especially bad, bans end up being longer to compensate. I don't really like banning people, or even really warning them, but that's kind of the way things go sometimes. The fact that Wii U threads have been graveyards on both "sides" over the last few months should be a testament to the fact that we really think things have gone off the rails and made it hard for people to have a back and forth conversation.

All of this is obvious from the TOS, so this isn't me or mods in general creating new rules, it's just restating them.

Thanks.

theBishop

Banned
Metro is probably not a crucial game for WiiU even if it turns out to be great. There's no grand conclusion to be drawn from this announcement, especially for a cash-strapped publisher like THQ.

BUT

It's critical that porting to WiiU should be as close to zero-impact as possible. It's unrealistic to expect "write-once, run everywhere + WiiU" (to paraphrase Sun Microsystems), but developers shouldn't look at WiiU as a difficult cost/benefit question. If Nintendo wants strong 3rd party support on WiiU (plus tablet-specific features), they need to eliminate all barriers.

WiiU can live without Metro, it can't live with publishers perceiving WiiU as an added expense.

Top Bottom