• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M "story" trailer

Parham

Banned
Everytime I see anything related to Metroid: Other M's story, I am reminded of EmCeeGramr's avatar.

1z66vjt.jpg

Boney

Banned
Wessiej said:
I'm discussing it with you in a few decades when I learned Japanese.
Well, you still get an overall sense of where the trailer is going, cinematics and some glimpse of gameplay.

Duderz

Banned
OMG RIDLEY SONG.

Gameplay looks like it has a certain rhythm to follow, as opposed to just smashing the fire button to death.

My reaction too.

I like the new environments, not thrilled that the team you see in the beginning is still around though.

My opinion remains unchanged - game looks cool, story will most likely be crap.

Instro

Duderz said:
My reaction too.

I like the new environments, not thrilled that the team you see in the beginning is still around though.

My opinion remains unchanged - game looks cool, story will most likely be crap.

Well Adam is dead by the time Fusion rolls around so I imagine the marine team will be getting picked off one by one at some point.

Penguin

Wow seeing the game play stuff has really put me back into the camp for this game.

The only thing is, it seems like all of her power ups are "activated"

Threi

notag
"Ha Ha!"

I almost thought Cody from SF/FF was going to make a cameo :lol

aside from that this trailer has convinced me that the game is gunna suck and I'm going to go cancel my preorder now and never buy any future metroid products until the franchise is dead.

Teknoman

I guess a few standard powers will be activated by command, but I doubt the majority of the power ups will. It looks like the space station blows up at some point?

AntMurda

Metroid is like Tetris. It isn't allowed to have a story. Even though Sakamoto was building it up. Metroid 3. Metroid Fusion.

Not too mention the 5 billion ALL TEXT STORY games he made.

This is GAF! Where fat nerds get to impose laws on the game designers.

Boney

Banned
Threi said:
aside from that this trailer has convinced me that the game is gunna suck and I'm going to go cancel my preorder now and never buy any future metroid products until the franchise is dead.
notsureifserious.gif

Rich!

All I thought when watching it was 'I wonder when Jack Bauer is gonna turn up'.

All we needed was a 'The following takes place between 1AM and 2AM' card at the start.

Tain

This game is either going to be really good or a waste of a decent combat system.

I can't tell which yet.

Duderz

Banned
AntMurda said:
Metroid is like Tetris. It isn't allowed to have a story. Even though Sakamoto was building it up. Metroid 3. Metroid Fusion.

Not too mention the 5 billion ALL TEXT STORY games he made.

This is GAF! Where fat nerds get to impose laws on the game designers.

The beauty of Super Metroid's story was in how understated and mysterious everything was. You get a text log at the beginning, and off you go. Opposite of Metroid Fusion. Certainly opposite of this.

AntMurda

The beauty of Super Metroid's story was in how understated and mysterious everything was. You get a text log at the beginning, and off you go. Opposite of Metroid Fusion. Certainly opposite of this.

Yet Metroid Fusion was awesome. And hardcore. Hardcore bosses everywhere. I loved that game.

ILikeFeet

Banned
I liked what I saw. can't make heads or tails of the story elements due to the moonspeak. but gameplay looks good. may be the first Metroid I'm interested in

Teknoman

I'm in the really good camp.

Everyone was up in arms about the events taking place between Metroid and Metroid II being told in first person through Metroid Prime, but that turned out just fine.

Boney

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
I liked what I saw. can't make heads or tails of the story elements due to the moonspeak. but gameplay looks good. may be the first Metroid I'm interested in
*adds to ignore list*

Rich!

Duderz said:
The beauty of Super Metroid's story was in how understated and mysterious everything was. You get a text log at the beginning, and off you go.

Same for Metroid Prime, but in that you don't even get the intro. You're guided through a quick weapons walkthrough (space station), and then left to your own devices when you land.

What's superb about Prime is that you can speed rush through the game and still enjoy it immensely, but if you take your time and really take in what's around you, theres absolutely loads of story waiting to be discovered.

Boney

Banned
Teknoman said:
I'm just hoping we get lots of creepy boss themes, classic remixes here and there, and some nice new themes.
Speaking of which, who's in charge of that department?

Wow, this is the best video yet!

The Space Marines look cool. There's that shot at 1:35 showing them standing lined up in the dark looking ISOLATED. Ok, so they are a little bit stereotypical (bad guy called Lyle) but it seems there's going to be a bit of drama going on, making things interesting; it's not going to be as simplistic as Corruption where you meet the 3 bounty hunters in the beginning of the game then you fight them through the game as bosses. It looks like they work together as a team, and there's tension in the team... though Samus works alone.

The voice acting doesn't sound as terrible in the Japanese version. I wish they could release this with an option for Japanese voices and English subtitles.

Well, I'm looking forward to playing it.

Teknoman

Boney said:
Speaking of which, who's in charge of that department?

I've been trying to find that out, but no luck so far. Most of the Metroid Prime listings have Kenji Yamamoto credited.

EDIT: Off topic, but I wish Nintendo would've made some sort of Metroid II remake like Zero Mission. Cant find a decent copy of the original anywhere.

Boney

Banned
Teknoman said:
I've been trying to find that out, but no luck so far. Most of the Metroid Prime listings have Kenji Yamamoto credited.
Yeah but Yamamoto is in charge of DKC Returns.

Hmm

Teknoman said:

EDIT: Off topic, but I wish Nintendo would've made some sort of Metroid II remake like Zero Mission. Cant find a decent copy of the original anywhere.
3DS. Watch it happen. If not, then it's one Hell of an opportunity to miss.

Oli

I seriously cannot figure out how I feel about this game. I keep going back and forth between: "This looks so awesome", and "This could be disastrous".

I really really hope that the former is true, because it has a lot of potential.

Top Bottom