• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns (Mercury Steam, Metroid 2 reimagining, 9/15) announced for 3DS

Sephzilla

BvurXwd.gif

BD1

Banned
I have to dig out my 3DS.

It is illegal to port beg across Nintendo platforms? Why isn't this also on Switch? ugh

Lom1lo

Im super pissed right now, f*** you nintendo. Why does this not come to switch ? bullshit wow
I really cant express how upset I am

Why didn't they just up the res and make it a Switch game?

>_<

So happy, but still, I thought I was done with 3DS. Now they go and do this!

Z3M0G

Metroid 2 remake? ...Why? I mean I'll take it, anything better than nothing at all for 13 years. But why not something new, why not Metroid 5? :(

With modern tropes, this will pretty much be an entirely new game. They will be almost nothing alike.

kc44135

Why 3DS? I really don't understand why they wouldn't at least do a dual release on Switch, BOTW style. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Looks pretty good. Even if it's a remake of the GB game, I'm glad side-scrolling Metroid still has some life in it.

Still, can't help but think how much more fanfare this would get if it released on Switch with a bit crisper graphics...

As soon as I heard Mercury Steam my hype died immediately. Mirrors of Fate is the only Metroidvania I dropped halfway through (not that I've played them all, of course). And it seems the QTE fest is back.

Goddamit.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Man people's hype deflated as soon as it was announced to be made by Mercury Steam.

Maybe Nintendo was embarrassed by it. That was why the game wasn't in the spotlight.

ASaiyan

Banned
After all this time. I was nearly convinced it would never happen. Granted, it's a remake, but I'll take it. Looks gorgeous
compared to original GB anyway, lol

Im super pissed right now, f*** you nintendo. Why does this not come to switch ? bullshit wow
I'm no apologist, but as a 2D Metroid fan I feel very grateful we're even getting something "new" at all, lol. The dream had been dead for over a decade, with indies taking over the genre while the progenitor slept. They could've easily never come back here and just done Prime forever (which I honestly thought they would).

This has a much higher chance of selling well on 3DS, which is what we need for this game. We need Nintendo to get the message that this series needs more 2D entries.

Top Bottom