• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns (Mercury Steam, Metroid 2 reimagining, 9/15) announced for 3DS

Dispite some questionable devs making it please give the game a chance and buy it. Give it a chance.

If no one buys this Nintendo will shelve Metroid again.

moeman

The art direction looks pretty bad.

It's actually pretty good for the 3DS. They probably had to keep the limitations of the system in mind with the art direction. Considering the lords of shadow games had great art direction I think mercury steam is capable of more.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Mirror of Fate was just bland platforming with an interesting cast. No offense they can make a game and everything, but they spent too much time trying to make a game look like Castlevania than feel like Castlevania. The backtracking and the level design were clean cuts of blatant objects put together in a linear fashion.

I'm excited, but also worried. I don't want to sound bad, but I'd rather give this to a Japanese development house.

Merc_

Im super pissed right now, f*** you nintendo. Why does this not come to switch ? bullshit wow
I really cant express how upset I am

They aren't going to immediately abandon a large install base for a small new one right off the bat. What don't you understand about that?

topramen

man i just sold my 3ds on eBay.

was going to ship today

Guess someone is getting a refund.......
(unless we think this eventually comes to switch)

fhqwhgads

I can't believe Nintendo has the nerve to not put all their eggs in one basket and actually provide games for a proven successful system and not abandon 3DS owners just because a new console came out.

THE NERVE OF THEM!

Aldric

Honestly, this isn't ideal but no one who likes the franchise should complain right now. Metroid was thought dead yesterday and they come up with a two hit combo like it's 2003 again. l'm so happy.

What the freak!! Woohoo!! I prefer the pixel art of the Another Metroid 2 remake but I'll take this one also.

Give me my Metroid right in my veins.

I love Metroid always and forever.

lol Mercury Steam. I was thinking it reminded me a bit of Mirror of Fate during the trailer.

I enjoyed that game for what it was, and coincidentally just replayed it on Steam, but seriously...

WHY MERCURY STEAM

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS NOT ON SWITCH

seriously, I'd settle for a straight 60fps/HD port of this with no other graphical improvements

Branduil

I can only assume the reason there isn't a Switch version is because Nintendo has no faith in this actually being good.

Lom1lo

Because you'll be getting Metroid Prime 4? This is like Matroid Prime + Metroid Fusion like the GameCube days.

In 4 years, great. Unlike the gamecube days switch is both, portable and a home console. There is zero reason not to release this on switch

NotLiquid

MercurySteam isn't the most exciting dev but if Sakamoto is involved I trust this remake. I'd like to think he still has his eye for 2D Metroid design.

Toxi

Banned
Well have a look what they did to Castlevania.

Hype dead.
Yeah, but that was under Konami

Maybe we'll see them actually make a good game. Sakamoto being involved is a good thing for a 2D Metroid, so long as they don't go crazy with the story.

jkwDHJH.jpg

Top Bottom