• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns (Mercury Steam, Metroid 2 reimagining, 9/15) announced for 3DS

Opa-Pa

I'm so confused, this is all I ever wanted, but MercurySteam... Oh what the hell, I'm so in. I can't believe the rumor about two Metroid games became true.

Man people's hype deflated as soon as it was announced to be made by Mercury Steam.

Maybe Nintendo was embarrassed by it. That was why the game wasn't in the spotlight.

You guys are insane. They said the Spotlight was only for Switch titles yet here you are, asking my a 3DS title wasn't in it. For fucks sake

sfried

Im super pissed right now, f*** you nintendo. Why does this not come to switch ? bullshit wow
I really cant express how upset I am

Because you'll be getting Metroid Prime 4? This is like Matroid Prime + Metroid Fusion like the GameCube days.

Tizoc

Wait this the same mercury stream that made the Castlevania LoS 3DS game right?
I advice a little caution but I'm down for this.

Jubenhimer

Mercury Steam has developer is highly concerning. Hopefully, Nintendo can guide them properly because this game is a dream of mine.

To be fair Nintendo has been pushing linear Metroid for awhile especially with Zero Mission, Fusion, and Other M and Metroid II was always more linear than the original and Super to begin with.

I hope. I mean, Next Level Games was making mediocre licensed games before Nintendo lended their guidance. So Hopefully Nintendo can Shepard Mecury Steam to making a good game.

Ocaso

I have to admit, this is the one scenario where it's eminently clear why cease and desist orders need to exist. On the one hand, I'm eternally grateful that they allowed AM2R to reach completion since it's an amazing labor of love. On the other hand, the fact that we already have a fantastic Metroid 2 remake does somewhat diminish my enthusiasm for this project. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll buy it and likely love it, especially if it's significantly overhauled/new, but still, can't say I wouldn't have preferred a new game instead...

Damn, well Switch would have been preferred, I'm not going to complain. I'll pick this up Day 1.

Here's to hoping it's good as the Metroid 1 remake back on GBA.

Even average developers are capable of turning out amazing work under Nintendo (Next Level Games for example), though it always pays to be cautiously optimistic.

jett

D-Member
Nintendo isn't going to give their game to somebody and key it turn out bad

Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg

I kid!

This game look okay.

RK128

Metroid II Remake......

WELP, this explains why Nintendo was hell bent on shutting down AM2R. But this is a really nice surprise to be honest.

Can't wait to see this in action :D.

Looks a little Other M-ish, gameplay wise. And I'm not completely sold on MercurySteam, but come on! Two Metroids! HELL YEAH

I also think this is the kind of game that will shine in 3D mode, so looking forward to playing it myself

Top Bottom