• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns (Mercury Steam, Metroid 2 reimagining, 9/15) announced for 3DS

I'm fine with both AM2R and Samus Returns existing together, one's a remake, another's a reimagining.

Though I'm still waiting for a 2D entry that's not a new take on a previous game, continuing on Fusion
and I'm still miffed that AM2R got a C&D

Umm team ninja

Team Ninja's not the reason why Other M was bad

Lunar15

Remember all those people who were saying that metroid is dead and we were never going to get another metroid after Federation Force?

Yeah, fuck those people.

Regginator

With modern tropes, this will pretty much be an entirely new game. They will be almost nothing alike.

Sure, just like how Zero Mission is, plays, and looks much better than Metroid 1, but it's still kinda the same game. Same areas (besides the Zero section), same bosses, similar move sets etc. With the kind of effort I assume they're putting into this, I'd have rather seen it go to 5.

The Music sounds damn great.

Their previous experience with a 2.5D Metroid game was that 3DS Castlevania game.

It was terrible.

The problem with that game was that they couldn't make their damn mind about how it played. This seems like a way more consistent direction which leaves me more optimistic.

VariantX

Welp, guess im dusting off the ol' 3DS for this. I only expected to do that again for the king knight DLC for shovel knight so thats good news.

Luigiv

I was a bit worried when I heard Sakamoto and Mercury Steam were involved but this actually looks really damn good, both graphically and gameplay wise.

Jaymageck

OFFICIAL 2D METROID FINALLY RETURNS.

Deep down I secretly know that this wont be as good as AM2R (It was really good), but I'm excited none-the-less.

sphinx

the piano man
So...what's so bad about Mercury Steam?

That we already know what they can do with the metroidvania formula.

results were mostly "meh"

like many here, I my hype is tempered and I don't expect something as epic as Super Metroid or Fusion but will support it,

it will be ok.

Menitta

I think it'll be good. I'd like to hope Mercury Steam does a better job under Nintendo than they did with Konami.

Also I have 0 excuses to NOT buy this.

Mercury steam is a mediocre Dev and AM2R looks way better.

Lol at them coming up with additions and they're going to be worse than what a single fan came up with.

Top Bottom