• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS HD Collection Vita screens

ss_lemonade

I disagree. The game has very smooth shading and a design clean enough that it still holds up. Games that attempt to cram too much detail onto a machine that isn't capable of it tend to hold up much worse. MGS2 is very slick and smooth all around even today.
I never had the pleasure of experiencing the ps2 version (had it on xbox, which oddly had random bouts of slowdown here and there), but yeah I agree, the game did have this really clean look to it and I have no problems replaying it again even now

Honestly, the US launch for Vita was stronger for me than the first 8-9 months of 3DS.

Perhaps first year was a bit much, but at least the first 6-9 months. MGS3D sure looks and plays like a launch game, though. ;)
3rd party wise they seem fairly equivalent I'd say. Where Vita blows away 3DS is (funny enough) 1st party.

Re: MGS3D, it makes me wonder if Kojipro would've been better off farming it out like the HD Editions? It's still weird they decided to do the port themselves when they've never ported a MGS game before.

Ridley327

3rd party wise they seem fairly equivalent I'd say. Where Vita blows away 3DS is (funny enough) 1st party.

Re: MGS3D, it makes me wonder if Kojipro would've been better off farming it out like the HD Editions? It's still weird they decided to do the port themselves when they've never ported a MGS game before.

Besides the Xbox version of MGS2:S and Peace Walker HD on 360/PS3?

OmegaZero

Looking at the pics through the Vita screen, and the lower res is still obvious to me.
Oh well, colors look great, and it's not too big of a deal.

I wonder if it'll include the same movement/aiming systems that the 3DS version did. After playing MGS3D, it's honestly hard tp go back to the PS2 version.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Like others have said, the screenshots look good on the Vita. Just downloaded and viewed them now.

My main concern here will be the controls and how they address pressure sensitivity.

Like others have said, the screenshots look good on the Vita. Just downloaded and viewed them now.

My main concern here will be the controls and how they address pressure sensitivity.

I really hope they make use of the backpad with it. Make the backpad pull the gun up and aim first person would fix that issue.

My concern is how to thrust with the sword.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I really hope they make use of the backpad with it. Make the backpad pull the gun up and aim first person would fix that issue.

My concern is how to thrust with the sword.

If FIFA has taught me anything, it's that the backpad should be used sparingly and/or for non-important tasks only. Either that or my hands/fingers are too big to rest nicely on the back.

burgerdog

How did they work on the 360 version?

I had an easier time with the 360 version of mgs3 hd than ps3. I played the ps3 version first and the 360 version about two months after. I have also played the ps2 version about four times so I didn't think digital buttons would work. They definitely do, however.

I had an easier time with the 360 version of mgs3 hd than ps3. I played the ps3 version first and the 360 version about two months after. I have also played the ps2 version about four times so I didn't think digital buttons would work. They definitely do, however.
Doesn't really sound like a problem then. I mean, they've already released a working version with digital controls so it's hard to argue there would be a different solution for the Vita. There could be additional control methods added for the touch screens though.

What was your issue with the PS3 version, did it poorly replicate the PS2 controls somehow or did you find digital to be a superior experience overall?

Psy-Phi

Remember guys that on vita everything looks better than on images.

No, if you think about it it's logical, you can already play mgs:pw on vita. Would you buy this collection if you already have mgs:pw?

Depends on the price. Would I pay $40 for this on Vita when I could get all 3 on my PS3 for $40? (and did).

I hope they're only going to be asking for $30 at most.

I have Peace Walker on PSP as well, but UMD (with that limited PSP they were selling). Wish I had just bought the DD now, currently waiting for it to go on sale. I've spent too much money on MGS collections and titles as is. Would have been exceptionally kind of Konami to offer both MGS and MGS PW vouchers in the Vita box, making it an actual collection....

burgerdog

Doesn't really sound like a problem then. I mean, they've already released a working version with digital controls so it's hard to argue there would be a different solution for the Vita. There could be additional control methods added for the touch screens though.

What was your issue with the PS3 version, did it poorly replicate the PS2 controls somehow or did you find digital to be a superior experience overall?

Mainly letting go of square slowly if I don't want to shoot. I can't do it in an instant, I have to be really careful.

neptunes

Oh shit I didn't realize they added the 500 VR missions from mgs2 substance. They should have also offered all of the vr missions as a standalone game for like 2 bucks or something, I would totally buy it:

Didn't really feel like getting the remake but now...

G_Berry

Banned
new screen
ikAb7MuAAaS37.jpg

INTO MY VEINS!!!!!!!!!!!

I still don't understand why the Vita blows up their screenshots so they end up looking like total balls. It's like Sony wanted to devise a way to bring negative attention to the system. Sigh, anyway, this game is going to be sick, simple as that.

Transfarring won't work between games from different regions, will it?

Although, I suppose I can just buy the US version on Vita if I really have to..

Oh shit I didn't realize they added the 500 VR missions from mgs2 substance. They should have also offered all of the vr missions as a standalone game for like 2 bucks or something, I would totally buy it:

Didn't really feel like getting the remake but now...

They've got almost all the extra stuff included in the HD Collections. VR Missions, Snake Tales, MG1+2, etc. The only stuff missing are Snake vs Monkey, Secret Theatre and Metal Gear Online.

MGS2 Xbox/PC was ported by KCE Osaka (RIP). I did forget Peace Walker HD Edition though, so Snake Eater 3D is actually the 2nd Metal Gear Kojipro ported themselves.

Peace Walker HD was ported by Genki and I was under the impression MGS3D was handled by a separate Konami team from KojiPro.

Anyways, so if I transfar my PS3 save over to the Vita, it'll automatically unlock all the trophies I got on PS3? Because going through all those boring and extremely tedious VR Missions for a fourth time would be a fucking nightmare. But hey, I'll buy it regardless.

Ran rp

Too excited to play all of these Metal Gear games. I just wish the Vita had PSOne support already so I could start playing Metal Gear Solid now. I could play it on my PS3 or through remote play, but dat OLED.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If the MGS3 framerate is 60... then wow.

Skilletor

I'm going to buy them again.

It will be awesome to have MGS 1-3 portable (eventually, when PSX games are playable on Vita...when that happens...soon, right? :( )

ReaperXL7

Nice, thought the "touch" for boobies effect was nicely done...

Can't wait for Metal gear on Vita, keep going back and forth as to if I should pick up Peace Walker from PSN though.

I'm going to buy them again. It will be awesome to have MGS 1-3 portable (eventually, when PSX games are playable on Vita...when that happens...soon, right? :( )

Probably an E3 announcement.

Drakeon

So, I'd be all for this if they didn't feel the need to short me a game in this vita version, such bs that it doesn't include peace walker as well. Think I'll just wait on a price drop for the ps3 version.

Top Bottom