• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 playthrough in japan! NOW! (SPOILERS SPOILERS)

evilone

EA Employee
SolidSnakex said:
1fbccx.jpg

fu732q.jpg

Notice the picture Snake has framed on his wall.

Wait what am I looking at here???

DrBo42 said:
This is so fucking sad. Are they really going to use this game to sell their bullshit? It's the end of a beloved gaming saga. Fuck you Sony.

Why is it even an issue? If the character in MGS4 are going to use cellphones then so what if they're real cellphones?

Yoboman said:
Damn Australian capped internet speeds will be the death of me

I think everyone's connection on that site is slow. If I had to guess i'd say my percentages on the TV loading is around 70%.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
gbovo said:
Seems like Sony and Konami Are going to go ballistic with MGS4 marketing.

Next up, Metal Gear Mountain Dew :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DrBo42

LiquidMamba said:
Damn, Snake has turned into a marketing whore.
"I'm no hero..never was. UNTIL I grabbed a bottle of Regain! Now I'm a total legendary badass!" *sparkle on wide teethy smile*

Meryl: "With the SOP system my squad and I can act as one! Pretty good huh Snake?"
Snake: "Who needs the SOP system when you have...the brand new Sony Ericsson K750i! Now you can keep in contact with your squad mates, share your favorite pictures of war torn locales AND download the MGS4 theme ringtone!"

Yoboman

DrBo42 said:
This is so fucking sad. Are they really going to use this game to sell their bullshit? It's the end of a beloved gaming saga. Fuck you Sony.
Oh please, like Kojima doesn't put whatever he wants in his game. I don't think Ipod, Calorie Mate and that energy drink are Sony products

SolidSnakex said:
I think everyone's connection on that site is slow. If I had to guess i'd say my percentages on the TV loading is around 70%.

Nah my internet speed is capped for two more days anyway, bandwidth limits FTL

Kagari said:
Next up, Metal Gear Mountain Dew :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

With the way this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Gamer Fuel in the summer with an MGS4 facelift.

revolverjgw said:
Why did I click on this topic? Why am I glancing through it?

Whatever's show on that site is likely going to go unmarked as far as spoilers as there's a warning for them in the title. So be warned.

I'm now at around 90% on the TV loading screen.

DrBo42 said:
"I'm no hero..never was. UNTIL I grabbed a bottle of Regain! Now I'm a total legendary badass!" *sparkle on wide teethy smile*

Meryl: "With the SOP system my squad and I can act as one! Pretty good huh Snake?"
Snake: "Who needs the SOP system when you have...the brand new Sony Ericsson K750i! Now you can keep in contact with your squad mates, share your favorite pictures of war torn locales AND download the MGS4 theme ringtone!"
:lol

Dot50Cal

Banned
If you are downloading the streams, don't bother. The first two are commercials of what looks to be the same footage as the Assasin's Solid but in first person view. Nothing new, really.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Kagari said:
Yeah it is... cause you know if they didn't market it people would bitch about that here as they have in the past <_<

People would bitch if they dont sell MGS Dew at 7-11, otherwise the game is an absolute flop, amirite? :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TONX said:
People would bitch if they dont sell MGS Dew at 7-11, otherwise the game is an absolute flop, amirite? :lol

I meant more like commercials and what not, but hey.

XD

:X

The tv loading screen lead to a video of Otacon talking and then something in Japanese asking you to proceed in which it promptly lead to a series of videos which seem to have the opening sequence of MGS4....I promptly closed the video the moment I realized I never seen this video before!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
HomerSimpson-Man said:
The tv loading screen lead to a video of Otacon talking and then something in Japanese asking you to proceed in which it promptly lead to a series of videos which seem to have the opening sequence of MGS4....I promptly closed the video the moment I realized I never seen this trailer before!!

Oh shi---

I'm going to stay away from that then.

DrBo42

Yoboman said:
Oh please, like Kojima doesn't put whatever he wants in his game. I don't think Ipod, Calorie Mate and that energy drink are Sony products

I have no problem with iPod and Calorie Mate. It's when a Sony Ericsson gets involved that I get a little upset. Am I alone when I cringe during a Sony film where everyone is using a Vaio? As long as it isn't too bad or distracting in the game, I'm fine.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
HomerSimpson-Man said:
The tv loading screen lead to a video of Otacon talking and then something in Japanese asking you to proceed in which it promptly lead to a series of videos which seem to have the opening sequence of MGS4....I promptly closed the video the moment I realized I never seen this video before!!

I noticed the page said "Training Missions" and there was a DP count. There was a couple of missions after the opening sequence and then a ending sequence. The op/ed sequences might just be sequences tied to training missions on the site.....

HomerSimpson-Man said:

I don't think that's MGS4's intro. It seems to be some mini game you can play on the site.

Top Bottom