• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Confirms 53MHz GPU Speed Upgrade For Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respawn

Banned
I might me interpreting too much into this but your elaborate answer confirms for me that you guys have some more aces up your sleeves.
Lol at aces. Since February this place has really brought out some characters.Its like we are living in the dawn of silicon. All theses pages and dreams for 53mhz.

And lol at dmg04.

Would love if someone made one of those "things that will save the Wii U" chalkboards but for Xbox and all their reversed policies

The difference is, these policy reversals actually seem to have gone a long way toward helping Microsoft's image. Judging by posts I've seen on lots of other websites, they're seen as "caring about their fans" and "making smart moves."

Nearly fucking themselves may have been the smartest thing Microsoft ever did.

Yawnier

Banned
image.php

Looks like I just fucked my xbox loving ass.

*searches for CBOAT thread to scour through posts*

I feel like there is something flying over my head here that I'm not getting?

The difference is, these policy reversals actually seem to have gone a long way toward helping Microsoft's image. Judging by posts I've seen on lots of other websites, they're seen as "caring about their fans" and "making smart moves."

You're right of course

I'm far more ok with the X1 as it is now and will likely get one in the future

Just thought it'd be a nice way to track the reversals etc. but I guess as long as MS stays on the right course for me I don't really care in the long run

adixon

Just had the thought, maybe they're only doing 53 mhz now so they can do another nice 20-50 mhz bump right before launch, to keep that good mojo flowing. This is truly a bizarre launch :)

(Not complaining through! Keep it coming guys!)

farisr

OMG, I was actually somewhat responsible for what someone else's tag is. Now I know how it feels.

LOL.

I love this place.

dapoktan

so what theyre saying is that they felt the need to upclock the gpu?? Why??

developer feedback? internal testing?... that in itself is more troubling..

i thought the specs wouldnt matter that much.. but the fact that theyve gone and changed specs so late in the game.. worries me..

GamerTime

Banned

Weird, I don't look at the 180 that Microsoft has done as caring, or smart.

I look at it as them saving their own ass after pulling their head out of it. Sure, many people will get fooled/suckered into having faith that Microsoft learned their lesson, but Microsoft can only hide their true colors for so long. I don't know many who like, or respect a flip-flopper that tries to play both sides of the fence, and good old Mitt Romney comes to mind.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Gah! Wtf is that from??

Orphan? I honestly can't remember.
Accurately represents my tantrum, though.

To be on topic and not spewing crap from my behind, I'm happy that the downclock rumor (not started by CBOAT) has been thrown out with the news of higher yields.
Bummed that many are still rejecting it and saying it's nonsensical boasting. It's better than the rumor being true, for what that's worth.

i thought the specs wouldnt matter that much.. but the fact that theyve gone and changed specs so late in the game.. worries me..

It sounds more like they realized that they could upclock the GPU, not necessarily that they needed to.

Clock speed upgrade this late with the production phase just around the corner? doesn't bode well for MS as it means a short stress testing period.

we might have another RROD situation here.

Or they've been testing this higher clock speed for a month or two now, and they've finally got assurances this higher speed is safe for the beginning of production.

I can't help but cringe reading some of the responses in this thread when someone like Albert is trying to foster a civil discussion while people wildly speculate about nonsense.

badb0y

The clock bump is so minuscule that I don't think any developer would have bothered to ask for it.

LAMBO

I've never really had a chance to follow console releases in the past but this seems crazy. They've changed so much since the announcement and now.

You can't count this as a "change". It's just a hardware setting. This is really no news at all. They will clock the thing to whatever the max the cooling allows. Of all the things to get worked up about about the XB1 this is nothing,

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Originally Posted by thuway

I am not trying to bring out the MS Defense Force at me, but I've heard GPU clocks might be downgraded. 8-900 gigaflops for gaming. The APU is big. This isn't 100% confirmed though and is being done to improve yields.

were the specs ever confirmed then? i dunno, just playing devils advocate in the meantime.

that about falls within the 853 range..

TheOddOne

Reading is really cool and you can actually learn things sometimes! - dmg04, Neogaf forum member

Yo, reading is essential motherphucka - OddOne, Neogaf forum member

Anyone can say that. If you won't put your account on the line when you give "insider info" then you should stop saying things.

They do put their account on the line. The mods here require substantiation for insider claims. If that substantiation doesn't pass their bullshit meter test, you can get banned.

Insiders are reporting things that they hear through the grapevine at that point in time. They're not predicting the future.

statham

I'd assume they're confirmed insiders, or they'd've been gone long ago.

Or are you doubting the mods' ability to properly moderate?

Just because people at one time had insider info doesn't mean they still do.

I don't think people should "confirm" things that turn out to be untrue and everyone just shrugs their shoulders.

Pennywise

Anyone can say that. If you won't put your account on the line when you give "insider info" then you should stop saying things.

Why ?
Especially the last months should have proven that policies and every little detail can change so fast.

PS4 ram change, MS policy change and so on.
There isn't anything set in stone and alot of those insiders have given us damn good information.
Of course they can be wrong as well...
But there's a difference when someone is just spreading bullshit or someone who has already proven himself and is just a victim of a 180...

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
reason why people think Cboat said it was because of this, that was posted about 10 pages ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61383105&postcount=1296

Its from a old thread that somebody brought up.

In all honesty, I was just going on memory of that massive Truthfact thread as opposed to that.

sometimes you need to check your truthfacts about truthfacts before truthfacting them.

at least someone had that quoted in the OP. Stupid mistake on my part.

Just because people at one time had insider info doesn't mean they still do.

I don't think people should "confirm" things that turn out to be untrue and everyone just shrugs their shoulders.

They give us the information as they get it. The intelligent person understands that everything they say contains the asterisked "Results Subject to Change."

Don't hold the insiders responsible for the unintelligent taking their leaked information about possible future events as gospel.

So in the space of 3 months Microsoft went from serious plans to downclock possibly down to 600MHz to actually upclock to 853MHz? Yaright.

I'm not an insider, so I don't know.

Apparently you are, since you're so confident the other insiders were never correct on this topic and just fed us flat out lies.

who is CBOAT? I'm new sorry

The insider's insider.

Hallow be thy name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom