• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If that GLaDOS sticker or whatever is foreshadowing anything at all, it'll be a short trailer for the DLC at best.

badcrumble said:
I trust in Valve not to fuck the vast majority of players by releasing exclusive content for the 360 after pushing the PC and PS3 releases of the game so hard.

And it's not as though Valve release platform-exclusive content.

TheOddOne said:
I think thats more of Sony's doing in this case.

What case?

Kind of odd that there's a guitar sticker on the page. It's not like they're going to show Rocksmith on stage. I know it's sort of generic music item but if it was dance central, you'd think they'd use a boombox instead.

badcrumble said:
I trust in Valve not to fuck the vast majority of players by releasing exclusive content for the 360 after pushing the PC and PS3 releases of the game so hard.

If it is something Kinect, I expect Valve to go for it. I am sure they like Kinect as a technology to play around with. What is this "fucking" vast majority of players idea anyway????

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I imagine either the sword or the axe is Codename: Kingdoms since that's a first person melee game.

snoopeasystreet said:
Kind of odd that there's a guitar sticker on the page. It's not like they're going to show Rocksmith on stage. I know it's sort of generic music item but if it was dance central, you'd think they'd use a boombox instead.
If they did get object scanning working, it might be that you can hold a guitar like prop for some random Kinect music game.

derFeef

Nirolak said:
If they did get object scanning working, it might be that you can hold a guitar like prop for some random Kinect music game.
I am imagine a hybrid Dance Central / Guitar Hero type of game right now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
TheOddOne said:
Them working with Valve to get steam etc. on the platform.

Ah. I thought you were talking within the context of exclusive content.

People expecting a Kinect-enabled Portal 2 are setting themselves up for disappointment.

[Nintex]

Boom

Sword (Soul Calibur 5)
Axe (Trolls by Rare/Kingdoms by Crytek)
Lightsaber (Star Wars Kinect)
Car (Forza Motorsport/Forza World)
Jet Fighter (Ace Combat)
Nunchucks (Ninja Gaiden 3)
A 360 Slim (pricedrop or Kinect + 3D in a single box)
Gears Weapon (Gears of War 3)
Guitar (Dance Central 2(somehow))
Kinect (Kinect Sports 2)
Xbox Live (Kinect Me, Googley Eyes and all that jizz)
Halo sword (Halo - 343/Halo Remake)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII-2)

FrankT

TheOddOne said:
I was just gonna say it might be Skyrim.

My thought as well. Would be highly surprised not to see some content from Bethseda this year.

[Nintex] said:
Boom

Sword (Soul Calibur 5)
Axe (Trolls by Rare/Kingdoms by Crytek)
Lightsaber (Star Wars Kinect)
Car (Forza Motorsport/Forza World)
Jet Fighter (Ace Combat)
Nunchucks (Ninja Gaiden 3)
A 360 Slim (pricedrop or Kinect + 3D in a single box)
Gears Weapon (Gears of War 3)
Guitar (Dance Central 2(somehow))
Kinect (Kinect Sports 2)
Xbox Live (Kinect Me, Googley Eyes and all that jizz)
Halo sword (Halo - 343/Halo Remake)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII-2)

Sword is Skyrim and Lightning Rising. No clue on Guitar. The rest in line. Though I see new SKUs on the HW and maybe the price drop. Not so sure about NG3. Though I wouldn't read too much into the whole thing as they are not going to give away all hints in said press pass.

derFeef said:
I honestly start to think that the whole sticker thing is just random.

This likely though with Lara and Glados on there they kind of stick out. So yea we will see some of this stuff, but who knows all.

Regardless they will be pressing it for an hour and half. They had to extend to 10-15 last year iirc and I wouldn't be surprised at all this year as well.

megashock5 said:
This is what I'm wondering as well. My son has saved up just about enough for the 4GB, but I told him to wait two weeks to see what E3 brings. I'm hoping for a $50 drop, mainly so he'd have a little left over for a game or two.

If it doesn't happen the week of E3 it will by fall. By Gears I would say 100%. With that said there have been some great deals in the last month. The 4Gb with a $50 card on Amazon for example. Lots of others.

REMEMBER CITADEL said:

Hmm, never saw this rumor. Interesting no doubt.

Feindflug

Graphics Horse said:
Yeah I did wonder. I think they could get away with selling a small one handed controller, if the Kinect purists don't kick up too much of a fuss.

Some of these games must be playable with the 360 controller with Kinect being just an optional thing, I don't know if MS can afford to cut out out the majority of their userbase from these games...it just doesn't make sense from a business point of view IMO to create so many games exclusively for a platform with only 10m users that is questionable how many of them will be interested and buy core/niche titles like Draco and Steel Battalion.

[Nintex]

Linkified said:
TBF anyone could get and recreate the comedy in the Conker series - especially seen as its all pop culture references a plenty.
I don't think so
Christopher Seavor
......and what's this: Other Bad Day, an overview !!?? It's actually quite funny, why didn't we make this again !!??

lolz, 'Harry's Potty Mouth' would have been a funny chapter..... I doubt we'd have got it through legal though, I hear JK's a bit of a cunt!

Hocus-Fucking-Pocus, Abra-Cunting-Cadabra...... If that's not BAFTA winning writing i don't what is ?

Turdtanic...Yep, a big ship hit's a giant, singing floating turd and sinks...... I defy anyone to say that's not got gameplay potential !!!

Pissing against rock monsters to put them on buttons, having a dinosaur buddy eat cavemen and bouncing on a sunflowers tits, Conker was not just 'pop culture' it was quite insane.

Kafel said:
I think the stickers are from games already released, you shouldn't read too much into them.

You don't reference Lara Croft and Star Wars without having something to show. Despite being decent games, Underworld and The Force Unleashed are not games you remember nostalgically.

snoopeasystreet said:
You don't reference Lara Croft and Star Wars without having something to show. Despite being decent games, Underworld and The Force Unleashed are not games you remember nostalgically.

Indeed... this almost certainly points to "new" stuff that will be shown at the E3 press event.

'Spartans Unite' is without a doubt the 343 game, which could probably be an MMO since that studio has been around for what, four years now and with nothing to show?

JaggedSac

[Nintex] said:
I don't think so

Pissing against rock monsters to put them on buttons, having a dinosaur buddy eat cavemen and bouncing on a sunflowers tits, Conker was not just 'pop culture' it was quite insane.

It was mainly just random shit. Funny. But not hard to replicate.

Kafel said:
I think the stickers are from games already released, you shouldn't read too much into them.
When does anyone, ever, promote previously released games at an E3 conference except to push an expansion? The Tomb Raider reference obviously points to the reboot, the Star Wars thing to the Kinect game.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what's become of Codename: Kingdoms. The idea of a Cryengine rpg sounds great, but after seeing Skyrim, it's going to need to do a lot to impress.

'Spartans Unite' is without a doubt the 343 game, which could probably be an MMO since that studio has been around for what, four years now and with nothing to show?

I don't think MS will ever greenlight a console MMO. Especially not 6 years into the generation.

FrankT

Vinterbird said:

At least 3, but yea maybe hitting 4 this year not sure. Was thinking next year for the first title which would put it at 4-5 years before the first title.

Jtyettis said:
At least 3, but yea maybe hitting 4 this year not sure. Was thinking next year for the first title which would put it at 4-5 years before the first title.

Technically 343 is not a developer... they are a studio that has to take care of all things Halo. Yeah yeah I know... eventually they also have to make the games, but they have a special role to play for MS.

Spartans Unite would indicate something before Halo 3 though... (the plural) so I expect something Reach/RTS instead of Halo 4/Remake. Then again an MMO *is* a remote possibility.

eso76

Very interested in Forza World.

I hope it's some kind of downloadable sandbox environment where you take your Forza 4 cars (the ones in your garage) and cruise / race around in them online TDU-style.
Of course physics should stay the same.

Would be an awesome way to expand Forza.

Lakitu

st5fu
Hopefully they have some decent first-party standard controller stuff amongst all the Kinect games they're revealing.

TheOddOne

NemesisPrime said:
Technically 343 is not a developer... they are a studio that has to take care of all things Halo. Yeah yeah I know... eventually they also have to make the games, but they have a special role to play for MS.

Spartans Unite would indicate something before Halo 3 though... (the plural) so I expect something Reach/RTS instead of Halo 4/Remake. Then again an MMO *is* a remote possibility.
They are. The already have a big team of people that use to work for other big developers like Bungie, Guerilla, Fasa, Bethesda and a bunch of other companies I can't remember.

Grecco

badcrumble said:

The vast majority of console Portal 2 players are on Xbox. Releasing some sort of exclusive wouldnt fuck em.

Having said that i expect Kinect support for Portal 2.

TheOddOne

My guesses for the conference now:

Modern Warfare 3 onstage demo with again pointing out that 360 will get the first mappack first.
Skyrim trailer is shown with some kind of exclusive deal at the end.
Batman: Arkham Asylum onstage demo with some kind of exlcusive deal.
Gears of War 3 onstage demo, emphasis on it being right around the corner.
Tomb Raider trailers shown with some kind of exclusive deal at the end.
Star Wars Kinect is shown, will release this fall.
Forza 4 trailer shown, Dan will be there and will also talk about Forza World.
Project Kingdoms is renamed, footage is shown with tacked-on Kinect support. Will release in 2012.
Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sport 2 trailers on shown, both will release in beginning of 2012.
Will go on and on about how succesful Kinect has been, will show that XBLA will be open for Kinect type games. Cue Montage.
Good Science Secret Project shown. We all remind ourselves that the studio is run by now closed EA Chicago.
Frontier Developments shows off its second Kinect game, will release in 2012.
New bundels for 360S with Kinect, Modern Warfare 3 and other multiplatform games shown.
Will talk about XBL and how much is they have done for the service, some kind of update or addon will be shown.
Che Chou enters the stage drunk and announces Halo HD remake by 343 Industries. Maby new footage for a Reach mappack.
Zipline project teased, no footage shown. Maby target render.
The Family Studios show the project they are working on with a big third party company (Disney?).
BigPark shows the project that they have been working on, nobody really cares.

Feindflug

TheOddOne said:

Modern Warfare 3 onstage demo with again pointing out that 360 will get the first mappack first.
Skyrim trailer is show with some kind of exclusive deal at the end.
Batman: Arkham Asylum onstage demo with some kind of exlcusive deal.
Gears of War 3 onstage demo, emphasis on it being right around the corner.
Star Wars Kinect is shown, will release this fall.
Forza 4 trailer shown, Dan will be there and will also talk about Forza World.
Project Kingdoms is renamed, footage is shown with tacked-on Kinect support. Will release in 2012.
Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sport 2 trailers on shown, both will release in beginning of 2012.
Will go on and on about how succesful Kinect has been, will show that XBLA will be open for Kinect type games. Cue Montage.
Good Science Secret Project shown.
New bundels for 360S with Kinect.
Che Chou enters the stage drunk and announces Halo HD remake by 343 Industries.

Sounds reasonable and pretty disappointing at the same time.

derFeef

I am not sure about a WB published game at the MS conference. And I suspect (more like hope) Fora 4 will get a bigger segment.

derFeef said:
I am not sure about a WB published game at the MS conference. And I suspect (more like hope) Fora 4 will get a bigger segment.

Arkham City was at a MS event a while back. I think it's safe to assume that they're taking ownership of this one.

Grecco

After the Joker stuff was successful for Sony with the Last Batman game i suspect Microsoft wants a piece of that action. I agree with expectations of Batman in this conference.

FrankT

TheOddOne said:

Missing Glados and Lara and few others just from the press pass. Something bigger besides Halo CE HD at the end as well. Much on the money however.

snoopeasystreet said:
Arkham City was at a MS event a while back. I think it's safe to assume that they're taking ownership of this one.

Hmm yea good point. I suspect that lends credence to Glados and Lara showing up as well. Especially so on the latter as this will be the first time shown off really.

szaromir said:
I don't think we'll see Project Kingdoms in a playable form. The game must had been in development hell when it was moved to Frankfurt.

CG teaser would be weak a year later, but who knows how this one is going.

szaromir

Banned
I don't think we'll see Project Kingdoms in a playable form. The game must had been in development hell when it was moved to Frankfurt.

Not really sure what to make of the Portal thing. I suspect it will just be them stating that the 360 version will also get free updates and that Valve and Microsoft are now buddies. Don't think it'll be exclusive, Valve made content.

If there's any credence to the free to play, microtransaction based games coming to 360, they might show off DOTA 2. But that doesn't really seem like a game you'd show at a press conference. Maybe we'll finally get the teaser we've been looking for.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jtyettis said:
Missing Glados and Lara and few others just from the press pass. Something bigger besides Halo CE HD at the end as well. Much on the money however.

Hmm yea good point. I suspect that lends credence to Glados and Lara showing up as well. Especially so on the latter as this will be the first time shown off really.

CG teaser would be weak a year later, but who knows how this one is going.

They didn't have anything big last year. The slim had already leaked out so it wasn't really a surprise.

Kafel

Banned
Kagari said:
They didn't have anything big last year. The slim had already leaked out so it wasn't really a surprise.

I think it was leaked the same day as the conf because banners for websites were already posted.

This year a lot of leaks are found because it's easier to find anything Kinect related.

FrankT

Kagari said:

Perhaps, but it did end well on that note. Just like FFXIII. The leak should have never happened and the presentation gave it a much better view than the lame Italian site, but as far as an impact the new hardware has done very well since.

Kafel said:
I think it was leaked the same day as the conf because banners for websites were already posted.

This year a lot of leaks are found because it's easier to find anything Kinect related.

It was pretty close to around the conference yes. Night before maybe.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kafel said:

Leaked the day before actually. Day of the space poncho event.

Yeah, Slim photos leaked just the day before, but at the time it was surprising when they said they were shipping it to retailers right then.

Kafel

Banned
Jtyettis & Kagari >>

Yeah, well, it was the same day here in Europe if I'm not mistaken (by some italian confused website).

TheOddOne >> KS 2 and DC2 in 2012, whaaaat ? The target buys these games at the end of the year. 2011.

charsace

I wouldn't be surprised if they launch a Halo MMO. Too much potential money not to attempt one. It could also take the Halo franchise to an even higher level if the MMO is big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom