• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Well, I'm mostly basing it on my dislike for Steam on PC, but being reliant on two networks is a bit much in any case.

I'm totally not going to ask the question I want to ask after reading that :p

But if it does come to 360, you won't have to worry about relying on it in all likelihood. It'll just be something extra.

Belfast

statham said:
and what do you play on your PS3?

Last thing I bought was EA Active 2, I think. :\

But a lot of the action/adventure or Eastern RPG games on the console. Uncharted, Ratchet, inFamous, Metal Gear, God of War, Darksiders, FFXIII, Demons Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, etc.

[Nintex]

Arnie said:
Ok, here's a game in the last 3 years that isn't a shooter and deserves everyones attention, Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise. I want a Viva sequel Microsoft.
Well, you're out of luck then ;)

Belfast said:

But a lot of the action/adventure or Eastern RPG games on the console. Uncharted, Ratchet, inFamous, Metal Gear, God of War, Darksiders, FFXIII, Demons Souls, 3D Dot Game Heroes, etc.
Ah yes, I really like etc. after 3 console generations it never lost its appeal.

statham

Belfast said:

watership

Relaxed Muscle said:
Seems like XBLA is the only thing that will make me keep my 360.

Is there something about systems that if they don't keep pumping out X number of exclusive titles, people are compelled to sell them? It seems like some sort of troll comment instead. I have my PS2. I have my Dreamcast. I have my Commodore 64. I'm not even a collector.

V_Ben said:
I'm totally not going to ask the question I want to ask after reading that :p

Well, it's simple - I don't like having to register my game on Steam before I can play it, especially when it then forces me to download patches (which is always incredibly slow for me, for some reason); I don't have a credit card and I can't use debit cards at the moment so I can't use it for buying games; I don't care for the community aspect since I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer. So to me it's just another annoying app that I have no real use for.

statham

Belfast said:

and what games do you recommend on the 360, just curious, just got a slim.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Raide said:
If they announce a Kinect update that does the rumoured Object Tracking, then you could use your own. :p
Yeah, if they do add support to recognize it that way I'd love it! Plus, it makes waaay more sense to have an actual object instead of just your hands with Fruit Ninja.

gunstarhero said:
Nothing to stop you from using a real katana now.
If I was living alone I'd totally do that!

Dunlop

Amir0x said:
Gears of War 3 and then so. But don't worry, I'll never stop voicing my opinions on subjects as important as control standards in gaming. With such a huge step back like Kinect, it is important gamers who don't want to take a jump back in controls speak out against the technology.

If the "lag" commentary offends you, maybe you shouldn't own a Kinect? Comes with the territory and all that.

Except your "opinons" are nothing but insulting rants, you are incapable of writing a reasonable post on the topic of Kinect without spouting the word "hardcore" in every second sentence.

I'm curious about this GlaDOS rumor but mostly cause I'm still sporing a woody from Portal 2

Belfast

statham said:
and what games do you recommend on the 360, just curious, just got a slim.

That's a really tough call at this point. As has been pointed out, there are some excellent XBLA games. I think the last actual disc-based game I bought for it was the original Mass Effect, but that was all before I bought a new PC a couple years ago.

V_Ben

Banned
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Well, it's simple - I don't like having to register my game on Steam before I can play it, especially when it then forces me to download patches (which is always incredibly slow for me, for some reason); I don't have a credit card and I can't use debit cards at the moment so I can't use it for buying games; I don't care for the community aspect since I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer. So to me it's just another annoying app that I have no real use for.

Ah, fair enough :) That's a reasonable explanation.

statham

Belfast said:
That's a really tough call at this point. As has been pointed out, there are some excellent XBLA games. I think the last actual disc-based game I bought for it was the original Mass Effect, but that was all before I bought a new PC a couple years ago.
belfast, just sell your 360, the type of games you like are available on the 360, but you just don't want to play it on a 360. You list 20+ games many just are okay, but can't name a single one on the 360. You don't like halo or gears but somehow like other average games. just do yourself a favor and sell it, give it to your younger brother or something. I prefer the 360 but have no problems in saying heavy rain, uncharted 2, infamous was awesome and day one purchases for the sequals. why keep it, sell it and buy more PS3/PC games

Doodis

StudioTan said:
Personally I think the PS3 controller is the worst controller in the history of gaming, I can't play for longer than an hour without getting bad cramps. Who would invent a controller that gives people cramps? Then again, maybe it's just me.
It's not just you. I get hand cramps after using it as well. It's seriously terrible. Good thing I only play about two games on it per year (even so, I'm not threatening to sell it in the PS3 threads).

V_Ben

Banned
Doodis said:
It's not just you. I get hand cramps after using it as well. It's seriously terrible. Good thing I only play about two games on it per year (even so, I'm not threatening to sell it in the PS3 threads).

I don't get hand cramps with the PS3 controller, and I vastly prefer it to the 360 controller, mostly due to the sticks (the D-Pad definitely helps too). I don't understand why people seem to have such a problem with it :/ I suppose I grew up with that control layout, having had the PS1 as my first console. But I genuinely don't understand how people can think the controller is terrible. I have average sized hands too :/ Different strokes I suppose.

GeoramA

Doodis said:
There's the problem. If you primarily game on the 360, the DS3 will take some time to feel right, and vise versa.

V_Ben

Banned
Kafel said:
I primarily gamed on PS1 & 2 but the DS is still a POS.

Fair opinion :) I think it's a great controller, and perfect for the games I play on my PS3. And I play all sorts :p I should stop derailing.

Kafel

Banned
V_Ben said:
Fair opinion :) I think it's a great controller, and perfect for the games I play on my PS3. And I play all sorts :p I should stop derailing.

The D-Pad is the only thing better than on the 360 pad IMO. But I guess this pad is better for people with smaller hands than mine.

So is it too early to see the Vancouver AAA Kinect game or is the OP not updated anylonger?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
GeoramA said:
There's the problem. If you primarily game on the 360, the DS3 will take some time to feel right, and vise versa.

Why should I have to get used to it? It's not like the 360 was uncomfortable but I just played so many games on it that eventually I grew to like it. It was perfect from the start. The DS3 is just too small for my hands. On top of the that the triggers are a horrendous mushy mess.

I ended up buying a Rocketfish controller that is a reasonable copy of the 360 controller just so that I could get through FF13.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
GeoramA said:
The DS isn't optimal for FPS titles. That hasn't changed since the PS2 days.

XxCGSxX

If this is the complete lineup of games then I'm going to be even more disappointed then last year. Only games that appeal to me are Halo, Gears and XBLA games. I mean WHY are they trying to appeal 100% so badly to the casuals? They have to satisfy the hardcore gamers which are the largest fan base on the xbox right now and give us a reason to keep our console. I wouldn't mind the kinect support if they would do more original IP's for the hardcore gamers and sequels to some forgotten franchises like Perfect Dark and Banjo. What I'm trying to say is IMO they should balance the kinect support with the controller/hardcore games.

XxCGSxX said:
If this is the complete lineup of games then I'm going to be even more disappointed then last year. Only games that appeal to me are Halo, Gears and XBLA games. I mean WHY are they trying to appeal 100% so badly to the casuals? They have to satisfy the hardcore gamers which are the largest fan base on the xbox right now and give us a reason to keep our console. I wouldn't mind the kinect support if they would do more original IP's for the hardcore gamers and sequels to some forgotten franchises like Perfect Dark and Banjo. What I'm trying to say is IMO they should balance the kinect support with the controller/hardcore games.

Because the hardcore are well taken care of by non-MS publishers on 360.

Dai101

Banned
XxCGSxX said:
If this is the complete lineup of games then I'm going to be even more disappointed then last year.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor

Trademark And Rumor

Rumor

Mohonky

Marleyman said:
What games do you usually play on your console of choice?

Games I had originally purchased an Xbox for early on;

Halo
Project Gotham Racing
Kameo
Crackdown
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Forza
Ninja Gaiden 2
Gears of War
Alan Wake
Fable 2

Knowing studio's like Rare, Bizarre, Team Ninja etc
Then of course strong third party support.

Now however, many of those big titles have either gone multiplatform or the studios are now otherwise defunct or simply working on Kinect titles which I mentioned previously I can't use because of where my Xbox360 is and my room.

I have mostly stayed with the Xbox360 because I prefer the controller and Live setup with Party Chat etc.

You can bet Sony won't fuck up the online on their next system and it will be at least similar to what Live current is. Only they'll also have a massive wealth of first party software to back it up. The controller who knows.

But really unless MS actually have some sort of stellar 1st party titles in the works I don't see why it would be necessary to pick up an MS based console next gen when it seems most of the big titles can be purchased on that as well as the exclusives.

So from a game point of view, why would you buy the next generation of Xbox? If Sony gets any momentum and most of my friends have it and play on that, why bother with the MS console?

TripOpt55

I take it the Lara Croft sticker means a Tomb Raider demo at their press event. Can't wait to see that! Hope they don't do exclusive DLC like with Underworld though. Not a fan of that for multiplatform games. Looking forward to seeing what else MS has as well.

Mohonky said:
So from a game point of view, why would you buy the next generation of Xbox? If Sony gets any momentum and most of my friends have it and play on that, why bother with the MS console?

I don't know whether or not you are an early adopter, but back then we knew little or nothing about Bioshock, Mass Effect and other games.

I bought it together with Gears; I felt it was the right time. And of course I bought it for Halo, and for other exclusives (PGR, Rare stuff).

Unless 343 fucks up, that's why I'll end up buying a new xbox. This generation Ms managed to fund or create a good number of new IP's (Crackdown, Gears, Alan Wake and others, including now-multiplat franchises).

The problem is: are they going to replicate that with next-gen?

Will established franchises continue to be good?

Really hard to say. And then there's xbla: I purchased 30 or so games; if I could access them on the new system, it'd certainly help.

Gaspode_T

Backlash against Kinect is kind of like what 3DS is going through now, they worked hard to get it released but then had a little bit of stall of content...I think both 3DS and Kinect will come back strong. People are saying because of multiplatform games there is not much difference between 360 and PS3 but then you are ignoring Kinect and Move, both of those things are not available on the other platform and they both potential offer unique gaming experiences.

Actually from a technical perspective IMO Kinect has more untapped potential than any game device ever released, they literally were only scratching the surface of what they can do with it...I have high expectations for the gap in between last year's games and this fall's lineup. Panic about 100% Kinect games is also flat out wrong/FUD...so many awesome XBLA and retail games will also come out this summer and fall.

Mohonky

Gaspode_T said:
Backlash against Kinect is kind of like what 3DS is going through now, they worked hard to get it released but then had a little bit of stall of content...I think both 3DS and Kinect will come back strong. People are saying because of multiplatform games there is not much difference between 360 and PS3 but then you are ignoring Kinect and Move, both of those things are not available on the other platform and they both potential offer unique gaming experiences.

Actually from a technical perspective IMO Kinect has more untapped potential than any game device ever released, they literally were only scratching the surface of what they can do with it...I have high expectations for the gap in between last year's games and this fall's lineup. Panic about 100% Kinect games is also flat out wrong/FUD...so many awesome XBLA and retail games will also come out this summer and fall.

If you can't use Kinect (and don't care for move anyway); taking those aside, what differentiates the two systems then? Sony have more exclusives, MS have a more robust community interface. That's about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Totobeni said:
So is poor Rare a Kinect only studio now or something?

Because I just don't want Conker 2 to be a Kinect title...

They're Microsoft's "casual" studio now, and Kinect is where that demographic focus lies.

Another Killer Instinct, Conker or Banjo game is never going to happen. It's time to let Rare go and let them roam free in the Kinectimals forest.
Yes, I know Rare didn't develop the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom